The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Jul 28, 2014 at 9:38 PM Post #2,131 of 4,701
I think the difference is the pads. The Pro 80 has pleather pads and 2050 has velour. The thickness of the foam may be different making your ear lobes touch the inner padding. But for the headband the only difference is the actual design of the material around it. The actual steel headband is identical. I've actually even looked at the DT770 steel band it is also pretty much the exact same thing.

Jul 29, 2014 at 6:57 AM Post #2,132 of 4,701
got the headphones :D
I think they fit better then the HI2050, with the 2050 i felt the cloth touching my ears (the thin cloth covering the driver). got the new version, can't compare to the old one but sound wise I think they are a little bit darker then the 2050 and like the 2050 to bassy for my taste.
one problem, I am using a ****ty on board sound card  and getting a lot of static noise (both laptop and desktop), mostly when using input devices (mouse, keyboard, mic). They are way more sensitive to it then my old cheap headphones. next purchase is a sound card, at list for the desktop...

Jul 29, 2014 at 8:07 AM Post #2,133 of 4,701
  got the headphones :D
I think they fit better then the HI2050, with the 2050 i felt the cloth touching my ears (the thin cloth covering the driver). got the new version, can't compare to the old one but sound wise I think they are a little bit darker then the 2050 and like the 2050 to bassy for my taste.
one problem, I am using a ****ty on board sound card  and getting a lot of static noise (both laptop and desktop), mostly when using input devices (mouse, keyboard, mic). They are way more sensitive to it then my old cheap headphones. next purchase is a sound card, at list for the desktop...

I feel your pain. This is exactly why I bought a FiiO E17. The reason why I went with a potable amp/DAC was because I can use it at home, at work and on the go with my phone. 

@robakri & @noamsim i think what you guys need are the HM5 pads. This will fix your "touching the ear" problem.

Jul 29, 2014 at 8:18 AM Post #2,134 of 4,701

I feel your pain. This is exactly why I bought a FiiO E17. The reason why I went with a potable amp/DAC was because I can use it at home, at work and on the go with my phone. 

@robakri & @noamsim i think what you guys need are the HM5 pads. This will fix your "touching the ear" problem.

I already have the HM5 pads on my pair. Like I said, it can well be that the stopper for my 2050 was just in a slightly higher position, you can see the plastic part I'm talking about in the teardown link you posted.

With the hm5s the pro80s have wonderful comfort, I wasn't complaining, I was just saying my 2050s were larger, I could get away with not fully extending them even, while the pro80s I would like them to extend a touch further. I don't have them for side by side comparison so it really doesn't matter - so let's just move on :)

Jul 29, 2014 at 8:29 AM Post #2,135 of 4,701
  I already have the HM5 pads on my pair. Like I said, it can well be that the stopper for my 2050 was just in a slightly higher position, you can see the plastic part I'm talking about in the teardown link you posted.

With the hm5s the pro80s have wonderful comfort, I wasn't complaining, I was just saying my 2050s were larger, I could get away with not fully extending them even, while the pro80s I would like them to extend a touch further. I don't have them for side by side comparison so it really doesn't matter - so let's just move on :)

No worries mate. I have a small head so the Pro 80 is perfectly sized for me. 
biggrin.gif
 It's a good and bad thing. One thing for sure, I'll never be able to own the HE-500 because they're just waaayyyy too big for my head. LOL 

Jul 29, 2014 at 8:46 AM Post #2,137 of 4,701
  well, I found the 2050 for 25$ shipped, but im guessing there are fakes out there for the takstar also.  Took a chance at that price, hopefully its the real 2050.

Highly doubt that there are fakes of something already so cheap. Show us the link.

Jul 29, 2014 at 8:56 AM Post #2,138 of 4,701

Highly doubt that there are fake of something already so cheap. Show us the link.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/TAKSTAR-HI2050-Stereo-DJ-Monitor-Open-Dynamic-Music-Headset-hi-2050-For-PC-Audio-In-Stock/1845545985.html

the hd5500 are fine, but a little small earbuds. Not so comfortable over longer period.

Jul 29, 2014 at 9:05 AM Post #2,139 of 4,701

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/TAKSTAR-HI2050-Stereo-DJ-Monitor-Open-Dynamic-Music-Headset-hi-2050-For-PC-Audio-In-Stock/1845545985.html

the hd5500 are fine, but a little small earbuds. Not so comfortable over longer period.

They look like the real deal. But you don't get the protective case. That's the only difference.

Jul 29, 2014 at 9:16 AM Post #2,140 of 4,701
i don't have a problem with the pro 80 pads, i did have a problem with the 2050. i will probably buy the HM5 pads in the future, can also help with the bass.
this on the other hand is just bad luck, the curve on the right ear is not the same as on the left. don't effect comfort or fit, just doesn't look right =S

i think i someone else had the same problem with the pro 80, but i am just going to get over it, they are comfy and sound great.
edit: my father bent the metal and fixed it (looks like the problem is the joint right before the T split), could be from shipping or just "made in china".

Jul 29, 2014 at 10:45 AM Post #2,142 of 4,701
lol, my brother tried them and also found the bass to be overwhelming. he also was very happy to hear the bass didn't effect the rest of the frequency range that bad so we only reduced the bass with EQ. coming to the PRO 80 from bass light headphones is not easy.

Jul 29, 2014 at 1:39 PM Post #2,143 of 4,701

No worries mate. I have a small head so the Pro 80 is perfectly sized for me. 
biggrin.gif
 It's a good and bad thing. One thing for sure, I'll never be able to own the HE-500 because they're just waaayyyy too big for my head. LOL 

Mentioning HE-500, they are so soundwise similar to Pro80 (to me)... (techinically they are much better, but for just music listening..., however it seems like HE500 have fixed problems of Pro80, especially the closeness).
- more mid emphasis on Pro80, little bit of thonk compared to HE500 which kind of seem to be just a (very)little bit colorless
- more fluid bass (with more midbass) on the Pro80 (heard some Trance/Dance/Progressive tracks and would not call that an upgrade)
- highs is a little bit diffrent, on small volums on Pro80 I feel there are neutral, with more volumn they comence to be overdone, he500 is (also very)little bit bright
PS: actually the golden-ears chart seems to agree; and you cannot run the HE500 from phone :frowning2:

Jul 29, 2014 at 7:29 PM Post #2,144 of 4,701
  Mentioning HE-500, they are so soundwise similar to Pro80 (to me)... (techinically they are much better, but for just music listening..., however it seems like HE500 have fixed problems of Pro80, especially the closeness).
- more mid emphasis on Pro80, little bit of thonk compared to HE500 which kind of seem to be just a (very)little bit colorless
- more fluid bass (with more midbass) on the Pro80 (heard some Trance/Dance/Progressive tracks and would not call that an upgrade)
- highs is a little bit diffrent, on small volums on Pro80 I feel there are neutral, with more volumn they comence to be overdone, he500 is (also very)little bit bright
PS: actually the golden-ears chart seems to agree; and you cannot run the HE500 from phone :frowning2:

I've seemed to flattened out the flaws with the Pro 80 using the EQ. Of course a few mod helped a bit as well.

I'm super happy with the Pro 80s. They're definitely one of those unique hidden gems. 

Jul 30, 2014 at 8:14 PM Post #2,145 of 4,701
I received a pair of Takstar Hi2050 today, resemblance in the flesh to Beyerdynamic DT880 is almost freaky.

The headband, cup arms and overall design reminds me of baby pair of DT880 down to a tee.

These ones don't mind a fair amount of power! Is that normal?

As for the sound, they're pretty good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back