The PA2V2 Thread
Oct 11, 2010 at 6:31 AM Post #61 of 752
I played a little with the gain screws. I have mine set at minimum, this gives me the most control with my sensitive RE0s. The combo iPod (LOD) + PA2V2 + RE0 sounds very good!
biggrin.gif

Oct 11, 2010 at 4:04 PM Post #62 of 752

Quote:
I played a little with the gain screws. I have mine set at minimum, this gives me the most control with my sensitive RE0s. The combo iPod (LOD) + PA2V2 + RE0 sounds very good!
biggrin.gif

I'd be interested to see where the minimum setting actually is. What I've experienced is that the scews just seem to be able to rotate and that there is no stop point.

Oct 12, 2010 at 7:23 PM Post #65 of 752
i have been having issues using my PA2V2 with my smartphone, thankfully i have an update.

i talked to my dad who is also an electrical engineer. he gave me the idea to simply shield it myself. he told me to take the guts and put it into a shielded enclosure. instead i simply took some adhesive backed aluminum tape and lined the whole inside of the PA2V2. i lined the whole inside other than the front faceplate where the knob and jacks are. it is now dead silent over wifi and is much quieter over 3G. my main goal was to make it usable over wifi because whenever i am home i have my phone connected to my home network. i don't plan to walk around using the PA2V2, it's going to be my home amp. i wonder if i cover the inside of the front faceplate if that will improve it even further over 3g.

anyway, i'm glad that it is now usable with my phone over wifi. rockin out to some live Joe Satriani on my HTC Incredible---->PA2V2---->Brainwavz M2's right now.
L3000.gif

the M2's don't NEED amping, but it definitely takes them to a whole different level. more dynamic and open sounding with better sound staging. next step is to find a pair of cans i like, so i can make the M2's my on the go phones and have a nice big set of cans for home use. my dad just got a pair of HD280 Pro's which i think sound pretty good, better than my HD205's.

Oct 12, 2010 at 7:53 PM Post #67 of 752

Quote:
Great tip, jasonb! Could you take some photos of the insides of your modded amp? Would help explain "backed aluminium tape" to some of us less DIY-inclined.

will do shortly... whenever i can stop listening to it.

got some pix:

Oct 16, 2010 at 9:32 PM Post #70 of 752
i have what seems like a strange issue with my PA2V2.

i charged a brand new pair of rechargeable batteries in an external charger for 24 hours, stuck them into the amp, used the amp one night for a couple hours, turned it off and stuck it on the shelf, then went to use it again a couple nights later and it was completely dead. why would the batteries die within 48 hours with the amp just sitting on a shelf with the switch in the off position?

not to be a jerk, but this thing has been nothing but problems since i got it.

Oct 17, 2010 at 7:22 PM Post #72 of 752

Quote:
Email gary about it I am sure he will replace it if you have a faulty unit.  He is very helpful.

yea, i did. i was just curious to see if anybody else had this issue.

Oct 19, 2010 at 11:41 PM Post #73 of 752
PA2V2 + Sony MDR-XB500 = ridiculousness!!! OMG the BASS!!! lol

Oct 20, 2010 at 1:10 AM Post #75 of 752

Quote:
I take it the battery issue has been fixed?

no, Gary sent me a replacement amp. it still works, it just dies way to quick so i have to keep taking it apart to put freshly charged batteries in. it's draining at such a high rate that charging it with the supplied charger does nothing at all. it still works and sounds good though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back