The PA2V2 Thread
Oct 8, 2010 at 10:50 AM Post #50 of 752
i'm hoping mine shows up today. can't wait to try a real amp, i have a fiio e5, but i'm not to thrilled with it.

Oct 8, 2010 at 11:02 AM Post #51 of 752

Quote:
i'm hoping mine shows up today. can't wait to try a real amp, i have a fiio e5, but i'm not to thrilled with it.

The PA2V2 is far better than the E5. As soon as I got my PA2V2, I found a buyer for my E5.
L3000.gif

Oct 9, 2010 at 10:30 PM Post #54 of 752
is there anyway to stop the interference between the amp and my cell phone?

it's usable on wifi, but when on 3G it's not usable at all. it sounds great, but i like to stream music and there is a lot of noise from wifi and 3G.

Edit: the E5 has the same interference as the PA2V2. i get no noise whatsoever when i plug my headphones directly into my source. so it is the cable or the amps themselves?

Oct 10, 2010 at 9:37 AM Post #57 of 752

Quote:
Looks like yours are in the same position as mine, possibly a bit higher. Many thanks for the pix which I am sure will help other PA2V2 owners.

I'm assuming that what I circled here are the gain screws......

My PA2V2 is an older one, Feb. 2006, and it does not appear to have these.

So I guess it's a good thing I am not using IEM's.

Oct 10, 2010 at 11:57 AM Post #58 of 752

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm assuming that what I circled here are the gain screws......

Right you are. I'm sure you could email Gary to ask about your version, though.

Quote:
Looks like yours are in the same position as mine, possibly a bit higher. Many thanks for the pix which I am sure will help other PA2V2 owners.

No problem, just happy to help!

Oct 10, 2010 at 7:18 PM Post #59 of 752
I watch this thread and wonder if the PA2v2 isn't the longest running amp in its current version. Also, I wonder if Gary will ever create a PA2v3 or why he hasn't become a member of Head-Fi...or has he???

I'm amazed at the number of these amps made.

beerchug.gif

Oct 11, 2010 at 1:26 AM Post #60 of 752
I just ordered mine a couple hours ago, and it will ship tomorrow! I also must hail the quick response and admirable customer service of Gary, he offered to adjust the gain to suit my (relatively) low impedance headphones. (taps foot very impatiently...this will be a long week) 
bigsmile_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back