The PA2V2 Thread
Oct 20, 2010 at 1:29 AM Post #77 of 752

Quote:
That's just really, really weird. It sounds like an issue with the on/off switch, I guess? I'm assuming you're not using faulty batteries, of course.

i thought maybe the batteries were crap, so i bought a brand new pair and am still having the same issue with the new ones. 

if the batteries in this amp should provide around 100 hours of play time(which is what i read they should last), then they should definitely provide more than 2 days of standby time. it is literally dead after two days of just sitting on the shelf. if i use it one night with fresh fully charged batteries then put it away on the shelf it will be dead when i go to use it again 2 nights later.

gary's best guess was also a bad switch that was letting current still get through. it's just strange to me that it dies in about 48 hours or so. how can it be drawing so much power in the off position. if it really should last 100 hours or so per charge then it dying in about 48 is just crazy.

what i do know is that the PA2V2 is one powerful beast. it can drive these Sony XB500's to deafening levels, and the gain knobs inside the amp are still set for low impedance/high sensitivity IEM's. at the 1 o'clock position i can actually start to feel the bass try to push air past the giant pillow like ear pads. gotta be careful with this combination.

Oct 20, 2010 at 2:08 AM Post #78 of 752
Have you considered sending it back to him for repairs? I feel bummed for you, man.
And yeah, it's plenty powerful where volume is concerned--I don't think anyone in their right mind would dispute that. Go easy on your ears!

Oct 20, 2010 at 2:13 AM Post #79 of 752

Quote:
Have you considered sending it back to him for repairs? I feel bummed for you, man.
And yeah, it's plenty powerful where volume is concerned--I don't think anyone in their right mind would dispute that. Go easy on your ears!

i emailed gary letting him know what the issue was, and he said he'd send me a new one and pay for me to ship the old one back to him. if he had asked me to send it in for repair i would have done so. im just doing it the way he suggested. he is a super nice guy. very easy to deal with and very helpful.

Oct 29, 2010 at 11:41 PM Post #81 of 752
Ok, I have a perfectly good PA2V2 now. Gary took care of me. Another happy customer.
L3000.gif

Nov 12, 2010 at 10:12 PM Post #82 of 752
the koss ur40 pairs good with the PA2V2. :) killer budget combo.

Nov 17, 2010 at 1:32 AM Post #85 of 752
how well does the PA2V2 power Sennheiser HD650's? will i need to order a new amp along with the cans, or will the PA2V2 do ok for a little while?

Nov 18, 2010 at 9:08 PM Post #87 of 752
the HD280 is 64ohm, the HD650 is 300 ohm. that's almost 5 times the impedance. i would imagine that the 650 is a lot harder to drive. i'll hopefully find out early next week when i get my 650's.

Quote:
It powers my HD280s very well so I think it would be more than adequate for your 650s.

Nov 19, 2010 at 1:50 PM Post #88 of 752
Cool, did not realize there was a PA2V2 appreciation thread until today.  I've had mine for 2 months now and an incredibly happy with it.  I upgraded from a FIIO E5 which I used for about a year before stumbling upon a recommendation to Gary's amp.  Wow, huge difference, no comparison to the E5.  It is being used with my 160GB ipod with line out cable and ATH-M50's.  I've also used them with ATH-M30's, porta pros,  and a variety of other earbuds.  This amp has made all my headphones sound better.

Nov 19, 2010 at 2:35 PM Post #89 of 752

Quote:
how well does the PA2V2 power Sennheiser HD650's? will i need to order a new amp along with the cans, or will the PA2V2 do ok for a little while?

It doesn't do much with my 880s. I suspect the HD650s need a lot more power.

Dec 2, 2010 at 8:25 PM Post #90 of 752
Help me out please

I have these 2 IEM's

RE-252 (16 OHM)
RE-262 (150 OHM)

would a PA2V2 work fine for both , being of different sensitivity ?

I am either going for this one or a mcoy v2.2

what do you think will work best with these 2 IEM's ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back