The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Apr 17, 2012 at 2:18 PM Post #2,341 of 10,994

Quote:
Congrats!
biggrin.gif

Thanks! It's a demo (but looks like new) so I got it at a lower price. Didn't expect Beyers to sound this good, very nice upgrade from HD 598's!

Apr 17, 2012 at 2:51 PM Post #2,342 of 10,994

Quote:

Thanks! It's a demo (but looks like new) so I got it at a lower price. Didn't expect Beyers to sound this good, very nice upgrade from HD 598's!

if it was an ex-demo then they have burned them in for you and i wouldn't shy away from buying them..if your just starting out on your hifi journey i would highy recommend to do this and save yourself some dough..

Apr 17, 2012 at 8:15 PM Post #2,343 of 10,994

Quote:
So I wanted to upgrade from my HD 598s and intended to wait for the HD 700. While waiting I went to a local Hifi shop yesterday to see what headphones they had in. Listened to Beyerdynamics, 880, 990, T70 and the T1. Also tested out K701 and wasn't impressed. But the Beyers impressed me so much that I went back to the shop today with selected CDs from my collection, and sat down for several hours and listened very close to the T70 and T1. Both sounded good but in the end T1 won for me. I think the T70s are a lot brighter and sound kinda tinny compared to the T1.

Now I sit at home with my newly found love the T1. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Congrats! I've got the first pair sold in Canada here (more than 2.5 years) and they still manage to impress me every time I listen to them.

Apr 17, 2012 at 9:59 PM Post #2,344 of 10,994

Quote:
So I wanted to upgrade from my HD 598s and intended to wait for the HD 700. While waiting I went to a local Hifi shop yesterday to see what headphones they had in. Listened to Beyerdynamics, 880, 990, T70 and the T1. Also tested out K701 and wasn't impressed. But the Beyers impressed me so much that I went back to the shop today with selected CDs from my collection, and sat down for several hours and listened very close to the T70 and T1. Both sounded good but in the end T1 won for me. I think the T70s are a lot brighter and sound kinda tinny compared to the T1.

Now I sit at home with my newly found love the T1. 
smily_headphones1.gif

You didn't listen to the T5p? The T1 vs T5p comparison should be interesting and a lot closer than say the T70 vs T1 or DT880 vs T1.

Apr 17, 2012 at 11:08 PM Post #2,345 of 10,994
BTW, if anyone needs an extension cable for their T1, contact Drew at Moon Audio (one of the site sponsors). He has stock T1 cables that he can fashion into an 8' extension for around $60. I needed a little longer run for mine, and even though I love my Grado extension cable I wanted to match the same cable the T1 is already using. Probably won't be any difference in sound, but still...

Apr 18, 2012 at 5:08 AM Post #2,346 of 10,994

Quote:
if it was an ex-demo then they have burned them in for you and i wouldn't shy away from buying them..if your just starting out on your hifi journey i would highy recommend to do this and save yourself some dough..

I didn't shy away!
tongue.gif
 I guess it could have been interesting to follow the break in process of a brand new pair, but this is more convenient. A guy at the shop said theses phones require several hundred hours to break in completely, don't know if thats true.

Quote:
Congrats! I've got the first pair sold in Canada here (more than 2.5 years) and they still manage to impress me every time I listen to them.

Thats cool! Saw your posts that you prefer T1 to HD800. Do you know the exakt announce and/or release date for the T1?

Quote:

You didn't listen to the T5p? The T1 vs T5p comparison should be interesting and a lot closer than say the T70 vs T1 or DT880 vs T1.

No sorry didn't listen to T5p. I did however buy the Musical Fidelity M1 HPA amplifier together with my new T1 phones. Did use it during the listening session and think they sound wonderful together. My poor wallet! 
redface.gif

Apr 18, 2012 at 8:22 PM Post #2,347 of 10,994

Quote:

Thats cool! Saw your posts that you prefer T1 to HD800. Do you know the exakt announce and/or release date for the T1?

I got mine like a month after their release.

Apr 22, 2012 at 12:43 PM Post #2,350 of 10,994
Man I have too much of the T1 cable on my hands. I ordered 30ft from Somber Cable and it's just sitting here..

Quote:
BTW, if anyone needs an extension cable for their T1, contact Drew at Moon Audio (one of the site sponsors). He has stock T1 cables that he can fashion into an 8' extension for around $60. I needed a little longer run for mine, and even though I love my Grado extension cable I wanted to match the same cable the T1 is already using. Probably won't be any difference in sound, but still...

Apr 22, 2012 at 12:51 PM Post #2,351 of 10,994

Quote:
Man I have too much of the T1 cable on my hands. I ordered 30ft from Somber Cable and it's just sitting here..

Oh man, I totally forgot you were in the cable biz...I should have just gone through you for the T1 extension...I'll remember next time :)

Apr 22, 2012 at 6:50 PM Post #2,354 of 10,994

Quote:
i still use my grado extension cable, love it.

Just ordered a 25' mogami extension from amazon.  should let me reach my comfy chair:) 

On another note, absolutely loving these T1's.  Can't go back to any of my other phones anymore without just picking them apart.

Apr 22, 2012 at 7:09 PM Post #2,355 of 10,994
Grado's cable and the seller on ebay make good cables. Either is a good option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back