The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Apr 29, 2012 at 6:56 PM Post #2,371 of 10,994

Quote:
I'm definitely going to buy an amp at the end of may, it has come down to the Zana Deux and WA5-LE for my T1. Does anyone have any experience with either and care to share their insight, I would really appreciate it.

I have lots of experience with both...drooling over them :)

Apr 29, 2012 at 11:32 PM Post #2,373 of 10,994

Quote:
I think the best i've ever heard the T1 was from a WA5-LE - musicman59's. I'd send him a PM and ask his thoughts.

If I'm not mistaken he made a thread about his experience with the WA5-LE, thats why I'm leaning towards it, but hopefully someone with some experience with the Zana Deux can chime in, otherwise I think I'm just going to go for the WA5-LE.

Apr 30, 2012 at 3:42 PM Post #2,374 of 10,994
I probably wouldn't get the WA5-LE. It's a transformer coupled amp that emphasizes current rather than voltage, which the T1 need. I don't know how well it would power the T1's, but the T1 are a lighter load when compared to other 600Ohm headphones so the amp will probably do fine. I would recommend the WA2 as then you have a 100% chance of getting the proper power. Then again the WA5-LE has a high output impedance jack that may make the beyers shine.

Just my thoughts though. Not sure how the amp works with the T1 as the specs aren't published. 

Quote:

If I'm not mistaken he made a thread about his experience with the WA5-LE, thats why I'm leaning towards it, but hopefully someone with some experience with the Zana Deux can chime in, otherwise I think I'm just going to go for the WA5-LE.

Apr 30, 2012 at 5:09 PM Post #2,375 of 10,994
love my WA2 / T1 combo.

biggrin.gif

Apr 30, 2012 at 5:17 PM Post #2,376 of 10,994
I've had my T1 for almost a month now. My thoughts on it are that it does seem to accentuate sibilance in a lot of tracks and even when listening on relatively low volume compared to my other cans I'm finding myself fatigued quite quickly. Wondering if I'm just not into this neutral signature or perhaps I got one of those overly bright and bass-light T1s alluded to many times in this thread. 

Apr 30, 2012 at 6:17 PM Post #2,377 of 10,994
I don't think there are overly bright bass light T1's at all. I've heard over 20 or so different pairs of T1's so far and have not encountered this at all. What I think is that people are expecting something from the headphone and that they don't hear what they expect. Like hearing the T1 may have full and present bass, which it does, but in their mind they get the impression of something bass heavy. I don't know exactly but I say there are not different versions.

They can make sibilant music sound bright and they do make that quite apparent.

Apr 30, 2012 at 6:19 PM Post #2,378 of 10,994
I am with you Zombie_X :)

I ve even called BD a few times ago..

Apr 30, 2012 at 6:21 PM Post #2,379 of 10,994
The T1 can sound slightly bright to my ears at times, but that is largely dependent on the recording itself. 

I also seem to go through phases where my setup sounds thinner overall, but thats down to my own auditory perception being affected due to my health and environmental factors.

Apr 30, 2012 at 6:35 PM Post #2,381 of 10,994
Actually my "default" sound signature for the T1/WA2 combo is quite warm with a slight mid-bass emphasis. Despite that there seems to be a slight treble peak on some recordings.

Apr 30, 2012 at 7:00 PM Post #2,382 of 10,994
Hmm I just tried it out of the FUN instead of the Lyr...maybe it's placebo effect but I think I like it more. The WA2 looks nice but I'm leaving the headphone hobby for a while now to focus on other things. No more purchases I'm afraid!
frown.gif

Apr 30, 2012 at 8:17 PM Post #2,383 of 10,994

Quote:
I probably wouldn't get the WA5-LE. It's a transformer coupled amp that emphasizes current rather than voltage, which the T1 need. I don't know how well it would power the T1's, but the T1 are a lighter load when compared to other 600Ohm headphones so the amp will probably do fine. I would recommend the WA2 as then you have a 100% chance of getting the proper power. Then again the WA5-LE has a high output impedance jack that may make the beyers shine.

Just my thoughts though. Not sure how the amp works with the T1 as the specs aren't published. 

The WA2 is certainly a fantastic option. I preferred the WA22 on high output impedance better still. In a few days I'll be back with impressions with the Liquid Fire. Thankfully it too has high and low impedance options.

May 1, 2012 at 5:06 AM Post #2,384 of 10,994
The T1s are perfect for gaming right..I were initially going to get mine with the beyer a1 amp and the realizer a8,but is there any different options ike with a woo audio amp and the
realizer a8 or am i better off sticking with the a1?

May 4, 2012 at 1:05 PM Post #2,385 of 10,994
Quote:

Thanks for the advice I'm still researching and hope to make a decision at the end of the month, I'm looking at some other brands, I wish I was able to audition these amps, but no store in my area carries anything of the sort (most stores focus on speaker audio).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back