The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Apr 6, 2012 at 7:04 AM Post #2,326 of 10,994
Hopefully I'll be able to try the HD800 and lots of other stuff at the UK meet later this year. To me, any less bass than the T1 would sound un-natural. As rhythmdevils says, "real life has bass". I admit I don't listen to much live music, but when I have the percussion sections have always had pretty thunderous bass. How can a headphone that doesn't reproduce this be considered natural or accurate?

Apr 6, 2012 at 5:24 PM Post #2,327 of 10,994
I am buying a pair of T1 headphones and the a1 headphone amp to go with the relizer a8 for gaming...at first i was going to go for the T 5p(no need for headphone amp that drew me to them)but i read that the bass was lacking but the T 1s have got the bass just right is this right?

Apr 6, 2012 at 5:27 PM Post #2,328 of 10,994

Quote:
Hopefully I'll be able to try the HD800 and lots of other stuff at the UK meet later this year. To me, any less bass than the T1 would sound un-natural. As rhythmdevils says, "real life has bass". I admit I don't listen to much live music, but when I have the percussion sections have always had pretty thunderous bass. How can a headphone that doesn't reproduce this be considered natural or accurate?

Every one as is definition of "natural" etc etc for me any head phone with more bass than T1 would sound un-natural 
biggrin.gif

Apr 8, 2012 at 9:11 AM Post #2,329 of 10,994
So, after spending some time with my new Decware CSP2+ and the T1 I can understand quite well why these Beyers are said to have a great synergy with OTL tube amps. Compared to the Meier Concerto, the CSP2+ sure does take the T1 to another level (with the Senn HD600 it's not that clear, I slightly prefer it with the Concerto).
Now the T1 driven by the CSP2+ does loose some of its precision and control when compared to the Concerto, but in turn the amp adds some bass thump and the mids are more lush or, in lack of a better word, fuzzy (in a good way). Arguably the result isn't quite neutral sounding, but heck it does just sound damn good.
Also, for the first time I can understand why some people find the T1 to be having a bit too much bass :)

Now for some tube rolling... I have bought some used 6922 tubes from ebay. One hisses in one channel, one crackles, and one is microphonic. Plus, the stock tube hums. Just great. Lesson learned, never buy used tubes on ebay!

Apr 8, 2012 at 1:50 PM Post #2,330 of 10,994

Quote:
There are several comments on accentuated treble on the T1s, a high-frequency spike, a bright sound over here which made cymbals or percussion instruments sound fake or splashy. 

Which has a brighter sound or forward treble, the T1 or the T5p?

Thanks.

Keep in mind that there have been a fair amount of bass light, overly bright T-1s released.  I had a pair of them.  Fortunately the left driver failed and they were replaced by Beyer.  The second pair were nothing like the first pair and have an accurate treble and a nice amount of bass.

My feeling is that the comments you're referring to are from owners of the bass light, overly bright T-1s.

Apr 9, 2012 at 8:17 AM Post #2,331 of 10,994

Quote:
Keep in mind that there have been a fair amount of bass light, overly bright T-1s released.  I had a pair of them.  Fortunately the left driver failed and they were replaced by Beyer.  The second pair were nothing like the first pair and have an accurate treble and a nice amount of bass.

My feeling is that the comments you're referring to are from owners of the bass light, overly bright T-1s.

+1

had the same thing.

Apr 9, 2012 at 1:15 PM Post #2,332 of 10,994

Quote:

Someone should contact Beyerdysamic about this issue. I remember when I first got my T1s I was surprised by the amount of treble but I've grown to really really like them ALOT. But how can I be sure it is just me who has adjusted to the sound signature? There are not really any places to audition other T1s here.

Apr 14, 2012 at 2:21 PM Post #2,333 of 10,994
I've had the T1 for about 4 months and have listened to the T1 about 250 hours now and I really, really like it. I really don't even bother with thinking about another pair of headphones any more. I wouldn't mind trying out the HE500/HE6/HD800 for comparison, but honestly, I think I'd be okay with this being the last pair of headphones I own this decade.

I know that it will only get better when my CSP2+ comes in! :D

Next up: Taboo and venture into the world of loudspeakers.

Apr 14, 2012 at 4:28 PM Post #2,335 of 10,994
That's how it usually goes, isn't it? You'll most likely spontaneously hear a difference after you've seen the specific frequency response curves for each headphone 
rolleyes.gif

Apr 14, 2012 at 4:38 PM Post #2,336 of 10,994

Quote:
I've had the T1 for about 4 months and have listened to the T1 about 250 hours now and I really, really like it. I really don't even bother with thinking about another pair of headphones any more. I wouldn't mind trying out the HE500/HE6/HD800 for comparison, but honestly, I think I'd be okay with this being the last pair of headphones I own this decade.

I know that it will only get better when my CSP2+ comes in! :D

Next up: Taboo and venture into the world of loudspeakers.

Really looking forward to hearing your impressions of the CSP/T1 pairing...that's a direction I may go in, too.

Apr 17, 2012 at 12:11 PM Post #2,339 of 10,994
So I wanted to upgrade from my HD 598s and intended to wait for the HD 700. While waiting I went to a local Hifi shop yesterday to see what headphones they had in. Listened to Beyerdynamics, 880, 990, T70 and the T1. Also tested out K701 and wasn't impressed. But the Beyers impressed me so much that I went back to the shop today with selected CDs from my collection, and sat down for several hours and listened very close to the T70 and T1. Both sounded good but in the end T1 won for me. I think the T70s are a lot brighter and sound kinda tinny compared to the T1.

Now I sit at home with my newly found love the T1. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 17, 2012 at 12:44 PM Post #2,340 of 10,994

Quote:
So I wanted to upgrade from my HD 598s and intended to wait for the HD 700. While waiting I went to a local Hifi shop yesterday to see what headphones they had in. Listened to Beyerdynamics, 880, 990, T70 and the T1. Also tested out K701 and wasn't impressed. But the Beyers impressed me so much that I went back to the shop today with selected CDs from my collection, and sat down for several hours and listened very close to the T70 and T1. Both sounded good but in the end T1 won for me. I think the T70s are a lot brighter and sound kinda tinny compared to the T1.

Now I sit at home with my newly found love the T1. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Congrats!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back