The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Apr 3, 2012 at 6:45 AM Post #2,311 of 10,994
For the record I never found the T1 to have harsh sibilant highs in my system. To me it and the HD800 are more similar than different in presentation. I still love the T1 even though I do not own it anymore and for me the T1 did so much better with my tube amp than my SS amps. But everyone is different and does have different taste, All being said the T1 is still a magnificent headphone IMO

Apr 3, 2012 at 8:05 AM Post #2,314 of 10,994
Full sized headphones rarely ever have acceptable levels of isolation within an office environment. You're better off with IEMs.

Apr 3, 2012 at 7:58 PM Post #2,316 of 10,994

Quote:
For the record I never found the T1 to have harsh sibilant highs in my system. To me it and the HD800 are more similar than different in presentation. I still love the T1 even though I do not own it anymore and for me the T1 did so much better with my tube amp than my SS amps. But everyone is different and does have different taste, All being said the T1 is still a magnificent headphone IMO

Completely agreed with Frank on this one.
smile.gif

Apr 4, 2012 at 7:59 PM Post #2,319 of 10,994
Apr 5, 2012 at 5:44 PM Post #2,320 of 10,994
Received these today. I am used to more bass in my cans, but so far I am enjoying these straight out of the Lyr. A nice contrast/compliment to my other headphones.

I don't have them with me right now as they are being repaired, but from memory I can see how the Edition 8's signature is slightly reminiscent of the T1.

Apr 5, 2012 at 6:27 PM Post #2,321 of 10,994
how does the bass of your other headphones compare with the edition 8?

i have d7000, t1, and lcd-2 right now. 

if my d7000 only had a tad more bass, theyd be perfect.

Apr 5, 2012 at 6:38 PM Post #2,322 of 10,994
You want more bass from the D7K? Wouldn't it start to get a bit bass heavy then?  

Again, going from memory here, but the E8 to my ears has less bass than the D7K and LCD-2. It has greater quantity than the T1 I think, but similar character...decent mid-bass impact, lacking in sub-bass rumble and overall doesn't extend as deep as the two woodys. It is pretty fit/seal dependent though, hence why reports of the bass seem to vary from over-powering to perfect to not enough.

How does the bass of your HD800 compare to the T1? I think if there was any less bass on the T1 I wouldn't like it as much. To me it seems to lack sub-bass, but as people in this thread have said, the snappy and impactful mid-bass is quite addictive.

Apr 5, 2012 at 8:16 PM Post #2,323 of 10,994
I consider the T1 to have "natural" bass. If you look at the T1 graph, it's got plenty of low end, but not everyone likes the way natural, accurate bass sounds. That's not to say there is anything wrong with liking bass that is more emphasized or boomy, but "accurate" bass just isn't like that. I prefer a nice combination of quality and quantity, and the bass was one of the first things I noticed about these headphones. It reminded me of planar bass, which is very tight and clean. Some people prefer a huge 18" driver instead of planar bass. Just different strokes for different folks...but the bass on the T1 is fantastic, IMO.

And yes, I actually was trying to see how many times I could use the word "bass" in one post :)

Apr 5, 2012 at 8:37 PM Post #2,324 of 10,994
There are several comments on accentuated treble on the T1s, a high-frequency spike, a bright sound over here which made cymbals or percussion instruments sound fake or splashy. 

Which has a brighter sound or forward treble, the T1 or the T5p?

Thanks.

Apr 6, 2012 at 4:07 AM Post #2,325 of 10,994

Quote:
You want more bass from the D7K? Wouldn't it start to get a bit bass heavy then?  

Again, going from memory here, but the E8 to my ears has less bass than the D7K and LCD-2. It has greater quantity than the T1 I think, but similar character...decent mid-bass impact, lacking in sub-bass rumble and overall doesn't extend as deep as the two woodys. It is pretty fit/seal dependent though, hence why reports of the bass seem to vary from over-powering to perfect to not enough.

How does the bass of your HD800 compare to the T1? I think if there was any less bass on the T1 I wouldn't like it as much. To me it seems to lack sub-bass, but as people in this thread have said, the snappy and impactful mid-bass is quite addictive.

oooh thanks.

yes the HD 800 has less bass than the T1 in both sub and mid bass. coming from lcd-2 and d7000, i don't think you will like the HD 800 very much. it also has a less forward sound and much more open sounding than the T1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back