Apr 23, 2013 at 7:02 AM Post #4,306 of 9,165
Quote:
You press the bottom on the left below , go to setting and go for advance
And press auto library scan
You can choose between manually or automatic scan

Enjoy it
biggrin.gif

Yes but:
  1. One of my cards was formatted in exfat so I had to erase all and format in fat32
  2. I have to fill my other cards
  3. I have to convert my playlists to pls
  4. I have to convert my tags to Western / Iso because I have bugs
  5. I have to figure why so many covers do not appear !

So a lot of "work" :frowning2: That is the problem with DX100 and AK100...too complicated compared to Tera.

Sounds great though :) and works very well. Thanks Rudi.

Apr 23, 2013 at 8:13 AM Post #4,307 of 9,165
Quote:
Than it is the latest RS 71 B with the high gain improvement like the intruder

Please try pico power as well , I am sure you will like too
biggrin.gif

I think Jaben Hong Kong has the pico power and the intruder too .

I am only buying it as I need a balanced power amp......so I will not be trying the Pico Power, but thanks for the suggestion

Apr 23, 2013 at 8:16 AM Post #4,308 of 9,165
Spkrs, why balanced only? headphones? or what is the reason? balanced is obvious in front system but i was always curious about using balanced in portable.

Apr 23, 2013 at 1:03 PM Post #4,310 of 9,165
read, replied.

and how your brand new Goldbug AK100 is doing? you won't believe but i had to sit on my hands for two days to avoid ordering one 
devil_face.gif

Apr 23, 2013 at 5:56 PM Post #4,312 of 9,165
Been using it for 3 weeks now and the biggest flawed on it is the battery meter for it not being accurate can really ruin your day. I used it like 2-3 hours a day at 51-53 volume and today I left home the battery meter was at 75% and after 2 hours it die on me . I think im only getting a 10-12 hours battery on this

Apr 23, 2013 at 6:06 PM Post #4,313 of 9,165
For those using the Sysconcepts multi fiber optical caple, 1300, it does work fine with 24/192. This is due to the size of the fibers that will transmit with the speed needed so there is no loss. 

Apr 23, 2013 at 7:36 PM Post #4,314 of 9,165
Quote:
Been using it for 3 weeks now and the biggest flawed on it is the battery meter for it not being accurate can really ruin your day. I used it like 2-3 hours a day at 51-53 volume and today I left home the battery meter was at 75% and after 2 hours it die on me . I think im only getting a 10-12 hours battery on this

10-12 hours of battery life seems about right when listening to 24bit files. If you use it everyday, plug it in to charge overnight.

Apr 23, 2013 at 7:44 PM Post #4,315 of 9,165
This was a very interesting discovery I made yesterday, at least for me, and I am not sure if it has been mentioned already in this thread.

It benefits users who search music using Folders.

I realized that if Albums were transferred directly to the SD card inserted in the AK100, the albums are instantly recognized by the AK100 and can be played without the long winded library scan 
size]

Apr 23, 2013 at 7:55 PM Post #4,316 of 9,165
Quote:
This was a very interesting discovery I made yesterday, at least for me, and I am not sure if it has been mentioned already in this thread.

It benefits users who search music using Folders.

I realized that if Albums were transferred directly to the SD card inserted in the AK100, the albums are instantly recognized by the AK100 and can be played without the long winded library scan 
size]

That is what I have been trying to convey. All the latest updates to my cards just play with no scanning.

Apr 23, 2013 at 8:04 PM Post #4,317 of 9,165
Quote:
That is what I have been trying to convey. All the latest updates to my cards just play with no scanning.

This is such a plus!!!

I remembered you mentioned this, and it didn't work for me as I used to take the SD card out to copy files using a card adapter on my PC slot. It wasn't until the new case and the fact it was such a pain to take the AK100 out from it that I started transferring directly to the AK100
size]

Apr 23, 2013 at 9:39 PM Post #4,318 of 9,165
Quote:

This is such a plus!!!

I remembered you mentioned this, and it didn't work for me as I used to take the SD card out to copy files using a card adapter on my PC slot. It wasn't until the new case and the fact it was such a pain to take the AK100 out from it that I started transferring directly to the AK100
size]

Is this with Auto Scanning off or on? I usually plug my RWAK100 straight to my computer and dump my albums straight to the mounted microSD's however I still need to scan manually after unmounting/disconnection. But my Auto Scan is off.

Apr 23, 2013 at 10:05 PM Post #4,319 of 9,165
Quote:

Is this with Auto Scanning off or on? I usually plug my RWAK100 straight to my computer and dump my albums straight to the mounted microSD's however I still need to scan manually after unmounting/disconnection. But my Auto Scan is off.

I have my library scanning set to Manual..................

You can avoid the scanning process if you locate your albums through Folders rather than Albums!

Apr 23, 2013 at 10:14 PM Post #4,320 of 9,165
Quote:

I have my library scanning set to Manual..................

You can avoid the scanning process if you locate your albums through Folders rather than Albums!

Ah yep. I do that. My scanning is Manual since I first got the RWAK100 (cos I got fed up of waiting everytime I inserted a card), so that I can swap cards with friends and navigate to their test tracks via Folder/directory structure :-

http://www.head-fi.org/t/630288/the-new-iriver-ak100-a-high-end-dap/1440#post_9016100 (2nd last paragraph bottom of the post)

Is this the feature you're talking about, or have I been missing a cool feature that I had for months but never knew about? There's a high chance I may be misunderstanding you guys here :D.

Edit: Apologies if I'm a little dense this morning. Kinda distracted with something new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back