The NEW ATH-ES700..
Jun 11, 2013 at 11:26 PM Post #527 of 1,098
got mine yesterday and it may still be bnt syndrome, but they seem to be the most refined portable on ears, i ever listened to. huge soundstage. sweet mids. enough bass, when called and no harshness at all. stunning detail. they are definitly on another level then those momentum, mdr-1r, ue6000, dt1350 and m80 i had before. still wonder what could be the next logical step? as portable and on ear? i cannot imagine which would be that?!

Jun 12, 2013 at 12:18 AM Post #528 of 1,098
^ Lord, why did I just have to read that???

Jun 12, 2013 at 12:29 AM Post #531 of 1,098
Quote:
sf needs to chime in on these too.  

LoL, i just got them and hasn't listened to them much, but they are lovely indeed. Though that lumpy headband is not so lovely. LMAO
duggehsmile.png

Much more refined than the JVC S500s, due to the lovely warm mids that just melts your soul.
ksc75smile.gif

Alright enough of my BS cuz i still have to listen to them more. haha

Jun 12, 2013 at 12:29 AM Post #532 of 1,098
Quote:
sf needs to chime in on these too.  

These things weren't even NEAR my radar. Don't know why/how I read sofastreamer's hype, which was bad enough. But now dsnuts and dannybai are chiming in? Oh nooooooooo!

Yeah, all I need to hear is sf squealing and spazzing out about them LOL

I'm not sure that I can unsubscribe quickly enough from this damned thread 
size]

Jun 12, 2013 at 12:35 AM Post #533 of 1,098
Quote:
LoL, i just got them and hasn't listened to them much, but they are lovely indeed. Though that lumpy headband is not so lovely. LMAO
duggehsmile.png

Much more refined than the JVC S500s, due to the lovely warm mids that just melts your soul.
ksc75smile.gif

Alright enough of my BS cuz i still have to listen to them more. haha

Leave the real impression until you get some comfy pads.  Then make Wayne click that buy button.  
Quote:

These things weren't even NEAR my radar. Don't know why/how I read sofastreamer's hype, which was bad enough. But now dsnuts and dannybai are chiming in? Oh nooooooooo!

Yeah, all I need to hear is sf squealing and spazzing out about them LOL

I'm not sure that I can unsubscribe quickly enough from this damned thread 
size]

You know you're an AT fanboi now so these are all you need to complete your ultimate AT collection.  

Jun 12, 2013 at 12:39 AM Post #534 of 1,098
Me?...

Jun 12, 2013 at 12:39 AM Post #535 of 1,098
You know Wayne.. These have the sweetest AT sound out of all my AT stuff. Is that worth a possible purchase? I think so. Yet another masterfully made AT heady.

In fact.. Now that I think about it. I really don't have an IEM that sound quite like these..Ok imagine the bassos with sweeter mids..More sparkle and extension in the highs and with a fuller more textured bass end and. Whala.!!

Jun 12, 2013 at 12:40 AM Post #536 of 1,098
These are some sweet cans indeed. Only let them go because I needed a bit more isolation. Other than that I think they're a steal at the prices they go for and I continue to be impressed with AT and the products they put out.

Jun 12, 2013 at 12:42 AM Post #537 of 1,098
^ Yeah, that really helps - dsnuts ultra hype and roma101 piping in to boot!

Roma101 - did you like them as much as the dt1350's?

Jun 12, 2013 at 2:39 AM Post #538 of 1,098
i would say they isolate as much as a momentum and as good as it gets for an onear. the only phone with better isolation i know is the dt1350. btw i find them pretty comfortable with stock pads. no need for me to get upgrade pads. the only headphone right now, that could kick butt of the at might be the kef m500.

Jun 12, 2013 at 3:15 AM Post #539 of 1,098
Quote:
i would say they isolate as much as a momentum and as good as it gets for an onear. the only phone with better isolation i know is the dt1350. btw i find them pretty comfortable with stock pads. no need for me to get upgrade pads. the only headphone right now, that could kick butt of the at might be the kef m500.

I'm holding off buying the ES700 till I read a good comparison between the ES700 and the KEF M500. Anyone care to chime in?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back