The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Nov 22, 2011 at 1:35 AM Post #257 of 4,317

Quote:
Hey Dsnuts, I am eating my words! I won't review them yet because they haven't had a full burn-in and I don't think it's fair to review them now.

But, skeptics please note:
-Are these $9 headphones? Yes.
-Do they sound like it? Nope!

Headphones are impressive for $9 but I will not put them on the pedestal and say that they are amazing. I'm comparing them to my just-broken NuForce NE-6's and my NuForce's still come out on top which I purchased at ($34). Do I think the headphones are worth it? Yes.

Yeah , but they're supposed to rival $400 iems.

Skeptic 1.
Dsnuts 0. 

Nov 22, 2011 at 6:02 AM Post #259 of 4,317
actually blue what ds said was "rest of us who can't afford to buy a HD800 or a $400 iem"
yes, i went back through the thread to find it, you seem to be a little harsh. idk plenty of posts take on meanings that are not intended. the 1/0 addition is just a little over the top.
i'm sorry your in a place where you can't hear them for yourself, after all quality is a subjective term. most of us don't have test equipment other than our ears to judge things like this.
maybe someone will come along with enough credibility to convince you that money doesn't always equal better sound and this is not some event of mass hysteria.

Nov 22, 2011 at 6:17 AM Post #260 of 4,317
OK European and UK members interested, there are still 6 pairs available. PM me for details.

Nov 22, 2011 at 10:17 AM Post #261 of 4,317
Mine still haven't arrived. This will be just absolutely wonderful if mine don't come and they sell out - seeing as how I was probably the first person to order them. 

Nov 22, 2011 at 10:43 AM Post #262 of 4,317
If you guys bother reading what I wrote, I mentioned it is nice to discover something that has good sound that don't cost so much. I never said these would equal the sound quality of a $400 IEM. What I said was not everyone can afford to spend that much. Who wouldn't love to be able to get a high end IEM without thinking twice. I am merely stating that there are not too many instances where you spend less than $10 get good solid quality sound from them and are worthy to add to your collection.. I am aiming these earphones for the common guy or maybe guys that don't have too much money to spend on good sounding stuff more so than you guys that have all your high end equipment and are dead set on being happy with your stuff.

For you guys, you are reading the wrong thread. .I only ask that if you try these. Try them with an open mind and understand what my main goal is with these.. There is no such miracle sub $10 can that will astonishingly out do your high end I will be the first to admit that..I am merely throwing out a new product for others to discover. Last time I checked that is what this whole site is about isn't it? New discoveries? Call it FOTM but I am happy with my little FOTM just as you guys with your high end FOTM. Maybe more so because it cost $7.11

@SoundFeaq strange.. Monoprice usually has stuff out quick like. You contact them?

Nov 22, 2011 at 10:52 AM Post #263 of 4,317
Yea, to all the pedants - give Dsnuts a break, he's only trying to save the guys who don't want drop £400 on an IEM some money, I think it's great to see - Lower your expectations of them and realise that you're buying them for the price of a subway and then you might be shocked and appreciate it more 
redface.gif

Nov 22, 2011 at 11:36 AM Post #264 of 4,317

Quote:
actually blue what ds said was "rest of us who can't afford to buy a HD800 or a $400 iem"
yes, i went back through the thread to find it, you seem to be a little harsh. idk plenty of posts take on meanings that are not intended. the 1/0 addition is just a little over the top.
i'm sorry your in a place where you can't hear them for yourself, after all quality is a subjective term. most of us don't have test equipment other than our ears to judge things like this.
maybe someone will come along with enough credibility to convince you that money doesn't always equal better sound and this is not some event of mass hysteria.

I remember distinctly this fellow said that it would rival $400 headphones, in another thread.
It was the first time he spoke of the 8320s. If he didn't edit it, it'd still be there, rofl.

Yup.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/580650/please-help-with-hip-hop-new-poster-needs-advice

Found it.

#14.

**$300, not $400.

Wait for it, the guy who works as a forklift operator at Monoprice might make an appearance in this thread.

Nov 22, 2011 at 11:51 AM Post #265 of 4,317
This is just nonsense.
Audiophilicism isn't a hobby for people with low budgets.
You keep introducing these cheap trash claiming they rival much higher end headphones.

They don't. Not one bit. If you've read all the reviews on these so called FOTM headphones,
it's all "they're good for their price", "what more can you ask for, they're only $30" but they never
really live up to the hype.

And people get tricked into buying these godawful junk, thinking that they do rival $300 headphones.
No sir, I'm not concerned with the hardened spenders, those who have been into good sound long enough
to know what's good and what's bad and have wallets as deep as the Pacific.

I'm more concerned when you introduce these things to newbies asking for advice.
And those who don't have easy access to whatever it is that you're advertising.

What's an example of a giant killer headphone? The Fostex T50RP is one. 

Edit: Shame on the rest of you. If these don't live up to the hype, explicitly say so. 
You're doing the community a disservice here by subtly disagreeing. Psh. 

inb4igetbannedforbeingrude

Nov 22, 2011 at 12:15 PM Post #267 of 4,317

Quote:

And people get tricked into buying these godawful junk, thinking that they do rival $300 headphones.

I understand your point but the word 'tricked' is out of context, I don't think he's trying to trick anyone but I can see where you get that from - If people feel they ARE getting 'tricked' then shame on them for following the crowd and being a sheep - All of us have brains and if people believe a $7 products rivals a $300 one; on a serious level, they need to go back into education.

That said, I can understand where you are coming so I'm pretty neutral on the whole thing - I just think you should take threads like this with a pinch of salt 
redface.gif

Nov 22, 2011 at 12:34 PM Post #268 of 4,317

Quote:
This is just nonsense.
Audiophilicism isn't a hobby for people with low budgets.
You keep introducing these cheap trash claiming they rival much higher end headphones.

They don't. Not one bit. If you've read all the reviews on these so called FOTM headphones,
it's all "they're good for their price", "what more can you ask for, they're only $30" but they never
really live up to the hype.

No sir, I'm not concerned with the hardened spenders, those who have been into good sound long enough
to know what's good and what's bad and have wallets as deep as the Pacific.

I'm more concerned when you introduce these things to newbies asking for advice.
And those who don't have easy access to whatever it is that you're advertising.

What's an example of a giant killer headphone? The Fostex T50RP is one. 

Edit: Shame on the rest of you. If these don't live up to the hype, explicitly say so. 
You're doing the community a disservice here by subtly disagreeing. Psh. 

inb4igetbannedforbeingrude

I wholeheartedly agree with you. It is irresponsible to claim these are more than what they are worth. This community brings a treasure trove of excellent information about the subject, and the quality of this information should not be degraded one tiny bit. However, the Panasonic thread has some real followers from this community who have figured out to mod, or not mod, a $30 headphone. And honestly, that headphone is a good recommendation for a newbie in the <$150 range. And it gets recommended. 

As for these Monoprice IEMs, the results are just starting to come in, and no one has taken a stab at modifying. These may rival $50 IEMs in the end, and if so, that's a good find. 

The only part I disagree about is that audiophilism is not a hobby for low budgets. While the best isn't cheap, don't discount the music lover that doesn't have the means to spend a ton NOW, and wants the best bang for his buck at $50 or less. There are people that want more than their iBuds can offer, and can't afford a whole lot. Don't you think everyone here wants a Beta22 connected to their LCD3? Most here cannot, and do not, afford that. On the other end, there is still the highschooler that loves his music and wants the best he can get. Why are so many threads around here, "BEST _____ for $150?" 

Budget audiophilia cannot be ignored. There's a desire and great demand for it, even here. It's great that you have the means to push into high-end now. And you're a blessed man if you always had the means to push into high-end audio. 

Nov 22, 2011 at 12:34 PM Post #269 of 4,317
@ Blue Boat. Noticed I said. HEADPHONE?. .See I am not one to just talk spam to make other think oh gawsh these earphones must sound like $400 IEMs. I didn't say earphones I said headphones.  I own higher end HEADPHONEs you know the ones you throw on your head and not in the ear. I should have worded that better. Noticed I compared the sound from these monoprice with a D2000 and a HFI-580 in the beginning of the thread? You guys won't believe it as no one with any type of common sense will but these monoprice 8320 with a proper seal with the right tracks has the same clarity musicality and level of sound dynamics as any of my headphones at that level of cost..That sounds crazy but to my ears, time and time again I keep on thinking there is no way these sound this good.. But they do..Out of my own astonishment and how cheap they are that is why I made this thread..Do these replace my favorite headphones? No but I get just as much enjoyment out of them and that alone is a crazy thought.

I am talking on sheer sound that my headphones emit vs these monoprice.. For a sub $10 iem to emit this level of sound to me is just astonishing and the sole reason why I started this thread. You don't have to believe it. I don't expect any one here to. But that is exactly what has happened for me. I am not tricking no one. You guys are all grown ups. Decide for yourselves if these are worthy. 

Nov 22, 2011 at 12:36 PM Post #270 of 4,317

Quote:
Just want to thank the OP.  Got two of these guys in and this will be my first dabble into IEM's.  Thanks man!

And this is why I show these to people. You are welcome. I hope you enjoy them as much as I have..Burn them in and I hope to have a better solution of eartips for these soon. Keep an eye out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back