The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Nov 21, 2011 at 9:09 PM Post #241 of 4,317
Hey Dsnuts, I am eating my words! I won't review them yet because they haven't had a full burn-in and I don't think it's fair to review them now.

But, skeptics please note:
-Are these $9 headphones? Yes.
-Do they sound like it? Nope!

Headphones are impressive for $9 but I will not put them on the pedestal and say that they are amazing. I'm comparing them to my just-broken NuForce NE-6's and my NuForce's still come out on top which I purchased at ($34). Do I think the headphones are worth it? Yes.

Nov 21, 2011 at 9:10 PM Post #242 of 4,317

Quote:
lol. How much you think those guys are making off of these though.

Sarcasasm fail 
tongue.gif

Nov 21, 2011 at 9:20 PM Post #243 of 4,317

Quote:
Hey Dsnuts, I am eating my words! I won't review them yet because they haven't had a full burn-in and I don't think it's fair to review them now.

But, skeptics please note:
-Are these $9 headphones? Yes.
-Do they sound like it? Nope!

Headphones are impressive for $9 but I will not put them on the pedestal and say that they are amazing. I'm comparing them to my just-broken NuForce NE-6's and my NuForce's still come out on top which I purchased at ($34). Do I think the headphones are worth it? Yes.

I am just relieved that most of you have it now at least found out why this product is the topic of this thread.  Give it some time and give them a through listen they sound amazing amped imo. Even with a little fiio. Just too bad *$$ for words.

Quote:
Sarcasasm fail 
tongue.gif

Not fail my friend just fact. lol!! Glad everyone likes them. I await the first hater. It always happens. Heck already happened. lol!  If the like vs hate ratio is at least a 5 to 1 I would call that a success. Burn! these!

Nov 21, 2011 at 9:29 PM Post #244 of 4,317
After reading this thread I was like hey for under $10 with shipping I'll give it ago.  I went to the site to pick up a pair and I'm guessing because of this thread there now on back order.

Nov 21, 2011 at 9:33 PM Post #245 of 4,317

Quote:

I am just relieved that most of you have it now at least found out why this product is the topic of this thread.  Give it some time and give them a through listen they sound amazing amped imo. Even with a little fiio. Just too bad *$$ for words.

Not fail my friend just fact. lol!! Glad everyone likes them. I await the first hater. It always happens. Heck already happened. lol!  If the like vs hate ratio is at least a 5 to 1 I would call that a success. Burn! these!

Don't have an amp :frowning2:

Haven't gotten into those since I'm a strictly budget-only head-fi'er.

We will see the difference after burn-in. I have confidence in these and I am glad I ordered. Thanks Dsnuts for the quality FOTM

Nov 21, 2011 at 9:47 PM Post #247 of 4,317

Quote:
Don't have an amp :frowning2:

Haven't gotten into those since I'm a strictly budget-only head-fi'er.

We will see the difference after burn-in. I have confidence in these and I am glad I ordered. Thanks Dsnuts for the quality FOTM

Well I will tell you that I did most of my listening on these on my SONY Walkman and android music phone and laptop unamped the whole time of discovery and the amp thing is a recent find. I am learning more about these as much as all you guys are right about now really. I just had a jump start on you all that's all. They sound fantastic without an amp and even better with one.. I figure on an iem if you can't get good sound off the bat without amping then I don't know if that would be worth it. The whole reason these exist after all is so we can walk around with our tunes with snails in our ears and look more like a sound geek you guys I am sure already are!  It will add to the cost. Just for the guys that do however. I am gonna have to get a Z02 to try on these. More bass! The insanity.! 

Nov 21, 2011 at 10:04 PM Post #248 of 4,317

Quote:
Well I will tell you that I did most of my listening on these on my SONY Walkman and android music phone and laptop unamped the whole time of discovery and the amp thing is a recent find. I am learning more about these as much as all you guys are right about now really. I just had a jump start on you all that's all. They sound fantastic without an amp and even better with one.. I figure on an iem if you can't get good sound off the bat without amping then I don't know if that would be worth it. The whole reason these exist after all is so we can walk around with our tunes with snails in our ears and look more like a sound geek you guys I am sure already are!  It will add to the cost. Just for the guys that do however. I am gonna have to get a Z02 to try on these. More bass! The insanity.! 

To be honest, (of course they're still not burned in fully) I want MORE BASS!! But, they still definitely suffice. Also, one thing is that it's hard to get a good seal. My tips from my Nuforce NE-6's worked but it's still hard to get a good seal, that's my largest complaint. Isn't that funny, $9 headphones and my complaint isn't about build or sound.
smily_headphones1.gif
When they get another shipment, I will order another. You just can't go wrong at $9 shipped.

Also, I did experience something weird. When listening to Drake - Crew Love (bought from iTunes, 320kbps, m4a i think), I heard some weird droning noise with the cymbals in that song. Didn't worry me much because it sounds kinda cool.

Nov 21, 2011 at 11:32 PM Post #251 of 4,317
Out of the box: I am finding out that i don't much like too much treble (why i'm selling my Grado's), lacking bass, but so far pretty clean good sound.
etysmile.gif
Comply and CMoy will be a little later. Shame you only get one pair of tips, but hey they're cheap and they are a good fit with no itching so far...
As far as EQ, i don't really like to use it, for some reason the sound changes when i tweak any little thing on the Fuze, so instead of adding or taking a little bit here and there the sound is totally different. But i know CMoy bass boost is going to be the shiz!!

DANG you guys! They had over 200 pairs when i ordered lol

Nov 21, 2011 at 11:38 PM Post #252 of 4,317
Gonna go to my local hardware store to get some soft ear inserts and will see if I can find an equally cheap way to get the best seal and comfort using a ear plug. Will report back with pictures, I hope this works as this is something easy everyone can do that got these. Try other ear tips and report back por favor. Pics welcome. We will find a nice way to get these to sound proper for everyone..I am on a mission.!

Nov 22, 2011 at 12:37 AM Post #253 of 4,317
To the guys that want more bass.. Try your EQ.. These eq very well and a bass end eq will throw that extra thump into them. The bass tightens up with more burn.. I think the bass is very clean and ample. My fiio E11 and these make a great match for when I want bigger cleaner sound with bigger bass I can swear it adds to the stage too.. I tried EQing with my creative sound card and they eq very well. IF the aggressive mids are too close to your ear for your liking,  try an eQ adjustment for your sound style. This whole notion of not using your eq is weird to me. .. You want more bass just boost that end and see how it works with your set up.  I want more impressions but in the mean while I am gonna try more tips and even try n make one.. They sound great with flat eQ but if you add or take away what you don't like in the sounds it might be more to your liking.. On a cheap IEM. You can do that...Why not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back