The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Nov 21, 2011 at 7:36 PM Post #227 of 4,317
I guess I got the last one?

Nov 21, 2011 at 7:48 PM Post #228 of 4,317
I just received this budget IEM today and gave it a quick listen about two hours. I can't BELIEVE this one cost only $7.11 per pair. It definitely better sounding than many IEMs costing $100 per pair. For my ears, this is not going to compete with $300 pairs but how can you not impressed for given price? I am definitely impressed with its sound quality, so much so that I ordered 5 more pairs for Christmas stocking stuffer. Thank you very much to OP for suggesting this fine budget pair to rest of us.

Nov 21, 2011 at 7:59 PM Post #230 of 4,317

Quote:
I just received this budget IEM today and gave it a quick listen about two hours. I can't BELIEVE this one cost only $7.11 per pair. It definitely better sounding than many IEMs costing $100 per pair. For my ears, this is not going to compete with $300 pairs but how can you not impressed for given price? I am definitely impressed with its sound quality, so much so that I ordered 5 more pairs for Christmas stocking stuffer. Thank you very much to OP for suggesting this fine budget pair to rest of us.

Nice. Ya I got 3 pairs myself. Consider yourselves lucky to get many. I hope they get more soon.. These are too good not to discover.

That kinda blows I just stepped on them. lol. It skuffed the out side shell but you know what the shell housing is strong. Wow I am impressed. It dropped from my desk and I didn't know it and I put my whole 180lb frame and fully stepped on it by accident.   I am listing to them. Minus outside scuff they sound perfect.

Upon careful inspection of the scuff it looks like it is actually metal on this. It is plastic looking but I think it is metal casting on these. If this was plastic coated with metalic paint. I am thinking it would have chipped to expose the plastic but I am seeing metal underneath the the scratch. It is solid actually.. An all metal Iem?

ETA for new batch of 8320s looks like 1/9/2012.. I hope we all survive then to see another batch.

Nov 21, 2011 at 8:17 PM Post #231 of 4,317
This pair sort of reminds me Bose headphones that I tried except this pair doesn't cost an arm and a leg like typical Bose products. For me Bose headphones sound fine if you do not consider how much they cost typically. I just finished listening to entire album of "Enigma" using iPod Classic (ALAC files) through Shellbrook Audio Lab Ascent Signature amp (battery powered). This budget pair's sound quality does improve using the amp and that was little surprise for me. Usually budget pair does not scale well by an amp. I have lots of other headphones for desktop purpose but I am going to try using a desktop amp as well in the future to see how well it does. I tend to prefer bright sounding rather than warm signature for my taste and this one sounds right to my ears. The bass quantity is there but not so much to be overshadowing mids and highs. I still can't believe this one only cost under $8.

Nov 21, 2011 at 8:42 PM Post #235 of 4,317

Quote:
I gave monoprice a heads up. I chatted with them and told them to expect these to be sold out soon. I had no idea just how quick . WOW. lol!!

You better check the beginning of the thread.

Haha! Hopefully Monoprice ramps up production, an estimated availability date on 1/9/2012 makes me quite sad. 
frown.gif

More Head-Fi members need to know how wonderful these earphones are.

And thank you very much for posting my video in the beginning of the thread! Oh so kind of you! <3

Nov 21, 2011 at 9:00 PM Post #239 of 4,317
I did ask one of their techs earlier if they have anything in his opinion that sounds better in their line up. He clearly mentioned that these were the best. So rest assured. It would have been awesome if they had more ones like these in their other iems. But these seems to be the real deal..I am thinking that foam tip mod I mentioned for guys that don't have foam tips. If they help attain a better comfort level with a better seal at the same time. That is my goal. I can live with the way they fit my ears as my Sony tips are perfect for me for these but I am wondering about how memory foam tips might sound on these which would give better seal too.

Nov 21, 2011 at 9:05 PM Post #240 of 4,317

Quote:
Nah, he should BE the marketing manager for doing that job for them.

I'm pretty sure everyone at Monoprice has been confused as hell the past few days. They're making the big bucks now.

lol. How much you think those guys are making off of these though. They aren't making much in the big picture.. But I bet more guys will discover their site and how cheap everything is for them. Marketing for free. You gotta like that. I am liking that tune there some1. As you guys know,. If you hear something that you like to hear with the Monoprice. Throw a vid up so the rest of us can hear it.. I think it is always interesting to hear what others are listening to. .I did this on my other thread the HTF600 and I encourage people to do the same here... Who needs a boring thread is my thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back