The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Nov 22, 2011 at 3:05 PM Post #286 of 4,317
This is crazy I just went back to the site to see when they might get more and the estimated date is 1/9/2012.  I guess I'll have to wait a almost 2 months to try them, oh well I guess my HF5's will have to do :wink:  Seriously though I did want to try them out and see if they were better than my old JVC and Sony pair that cost around $30 each.

Nov 22, 2011 at 3:07 PM Post #287 of 4,317
Look, stop criticizing the guy's enthusiasm. I'm sure we all know what it's like to find a ridiculous bargain. I remember my first thoughts when I compared my meelec M6 to the monster turbines. The M6 sounded better IMO. A guy here said the 8320 sounds better than his M6, so by default the 8320 sounds better than the turbine. Instead of jumping him, how about you shell out the $8.99 you would have spent at McDonalds today and check out whether or not there is some validity to his statements. I know that's what I did

Nov 22, 2011 at 3:25 PM Post #288 of 4,317

Quote:
Thanks Dsnuts,

I'm glad I joined this community when I did. I picked up a pair of these low cost headphones. Now, I don't have much experience with headphones; however, I have had my fair share speakers. Thanks again for introducing these.

You enjoy your now rare 8320.

It is ok guys. The criticism is a valid one.. I don't blame guys that are used to pro threads and high end equipment to come into mine getting something completely different. I just ask the community to take it for what it is.. I approach my threads as something different vs being more of the same..

Nov 22, 2011 at 3:49 PM Post #289 of 4,317

Quote:

It is ok guys. The criticism is a valid one.. I don't blame guys that are used to pro threads and high end equipment to come into mine getting something completely different. I just ask the community to take it for what it is.. I approach my threads as something different vs being more of the same..

Still, there's a way to be critical without being insulting

Nov 22, 2011 at 4:20 PM Post #290 of 4,317

Quote:
Still, there's a way to be critical without being insulting

Its ok. I didnt take it as an insult. Maybe constructive criticism. My approach to what I deem worthy of discovery is not the best way to go about it and I knew I would get a rise out of some. It always does but at the same time exactly how do you go about throwing out a $7.11 earphone saying they sound awesome.? I suppose for many around here,  budget fi has no place in an audiophile site but for me if it sounds good it sounds good regardless of cost.

Nov 22, 2011 at 4:43 PM Post #291 of 4,317
I am gonna try to throw mine up on flea bay for $50.  Now that demand is higher then the supply!  And my parents said I never learned anything Hi School.

Quote:
You enjoy your now rare 8320.

Nov 22, 2011 at 4:48 PM Post #292 of 4,317

Quote:
Its ok. I didnt take it as an insult. Maybe constructive criticism. My approach to what I deem worthy of discovery is not the best way to go about it and I knew I would get a rise out of some. It always does but at the same time exactly how do you go about throwing out a $7.11 earphone saying they sound awesome.? I suppose for many around here,  budget fi has no place in an audiophile site but for me if it sounds good it sounds good regardless of cost.

respect

Nov 22, 2011 at 4:59 PM Post #293 of 4,317

Quote:
I am gonna try to throw mine up on flea bay for $50.  Now that demand is higher then the supply!  And my parents said I never learned anything Hi School.

LOL.  Maybe now it'll sound as good as a $400 IEM with the inflated price.

Nov 22, 2011 at 5:24 PM Post #295 of 4,317
16 hours in total in ear; treble is calming down, bass is coming up. the big susprise is plugged into my little dot portable. warmed right up. please do not go out and buy and amp for these it's not a giant leap and it may only be that i rolled the op-amp and the synergy is spot on, maybe just different enough to be noticable. someone please try it in a home system and tell me what you think. i'm almost sure i had level matched it correctly. i don't think these are ready for a direct comparison. in a few days when i'm certain they're fully burned in i'm tempted to a/b with the "giant killer" fostex t50rps which i own (in stock trim) as well as some iems like the hf5s not listed in my signature. get a good seal and have fun, i am.

Nov 22, 2011 at 5:36 PM Post #296 of 4,317
I didn't even know Monoprice made IEMs.
tongue.gif

Nov 22, 2011 at 5:45 PM Post #297 of 4,317

Quote:
16 hours in total in ear; treble is calming down, bass is coming up. the big susprise is plugged into my little dot portable. warmed right up. please do not go out and buy and amp for these it's not a giant leap and it may only be that i rolled the op-amp and the synergy is spot on, maybe just different enough to be noticable. someone please try it in a home system and tell me what you think. i'm almost sure i had level matched it correctly. i don't think these are ready for a direct comparison. in a few days when i'm certain they're fully burned in i'm tempted to a/b with the "giant killer" fostex t50rps which i own (in stock trim) as well as some iems like the hf5s not listed in my signature. get a good seal and have fun, i am.

I think ultimately that is what I ask. Take these as a new and different phone and have fun listening to your music with them..It does me good to know you are enjoying a cheapo Iem. Haha now that i read that. I make it sound like I want you to hear junk from these. I am listening to a state of trance 2011 on these. Oh man.! In retrospect when was the last time you threw in a cheapo bud in your ears? Last time for me was when I worked out. I use a Koss cheapo. Oh wait those cost more than these monoprice. I don't know if I could use these 8320 like my koss.. I just can't do it. If my koss buds sounded anywhere near like these I probably wouldn't use those either.

You using the stock eartips?

Nov 22, 2011 at 6:10 PM Post #298 of 4,317

Quote:
 I am listening to a state of trance 2011 on these. Oh man.!

ASOT 2011 is really damn good. I don't like trance vocals, but he did a stellar job on that mix, and a great job on the vocals. Can't wait for the MP (Monoprice) edition. 

Nov 22, 2011 at 6:18 PM Post #299 of 4,317
Elecronica and EDM on the monoprice is something special guys. I am telling you I own some of the best headphones possible for these genres and these will easily keep up with any of them. Big full sound crystal clear highs and great boomy bass when the track calls for it. The closest any of my headphones that comes close to this in sound for trance is my HFi-780s and HDJ500s. Very similar energy for Trance. 

Nov 22, 2011 at 6:50 PM Post #300 of 4,317

Quote:
<snip> You using the stock eartips?

comply tx200's the one with the built in wax guard, i have both styles. like the custom tips you made they are a little out of the ear canal but the tip is firmly seated. a more focused description would be flush; not like the Frankenstein bolts that the tf10s are. isolation is a little better than just the silicon tips. being vented i really don't expect too much, it's adequate for me and on par with the brookstone clears. for those who wonder what brookstone clears are, the 8320 are 10x better at isolation than sennheiser px100s. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back