"The Lab"
May 5, 2015 at 12:30 AM Post #4,561 of 20,136
Partying without me :p huh, I fall in sleep at page 296 :/ Sorry guys but it was night time at this part of the world... But you guys put a very big smile on my face in the morning as I type while in my bed! :) I am sorry that I couldnt bring all the GIF's that I prepared days ago... They are in the office computer :/

I want to shout a big thank you to the thread starter Hisoundfi and all the cool guys hanging aroud here that support and share their daily life, lovely lab and love for the audio gear/listening experience. An ordinary life becomes "extraordinary" after sharing the excitement and joy with the friends all around the world!! I love the friendship here and I am sure people know what a valuable thing this is (not only in the headfi but also in the virtual world that we created with our smart computers, tablets, cellphones and software. This thread proved once again that nothing could feel better than the hand of a good friend on your shoulder who is hanging with you along the road of your one way ticket life).

I am a Labster and proud :)

Thank you all! I am wishing that we could party in the 600, 900, 1200 and so on... :wink:

...hopefully not cought in the sleep next time :wink:

Edit: I forgot to mention the party idea holder, tribal council member and GIF Masta : Wokei (a sleepy guy here, sorry. . .) Thanks for bringing the party idea! :wink: this thread deserved it :wink:

May 5, 2015 at 12:33 AM Post #4,562 of 20,136
I haven't really gotten into Jazz a lot, but this one from Lauren Desberg (from the free flac thread) seems pretty sweet...

http://www.head-fi.org/t/644595/official-free-flac-file-music-sharing-thread/510#post_11571377

May 5, 2015 at 12:46 AM Post #4,564 of 20,136
It can only happen to labsters, very prolific group

In real life ..its just plain old Eric ...but in The Lab ...its Wokei ....Masta GIF .....TBH .....you guys have been great support to me personally via PM ....though me dont contribute much in term of gears but it feel good to be a part of this excellent group of like minded people ...me promise when me grow up ....will try to be more adult ..LOL

May 5, 2015 at 12:53 AM Post #4,565 of 20,136
In real life ..its just plain old Eric ...but in The Lab ...its Wokei ....Masta GIF .....TBH .....you guys have been great support to me personally via PM ....though me dont contribute much in term of gears but it feel good to be a part of this excellent group of like minded people ...me promise when me grow up ....will try to be more adult ..LOL

[@]Wokei forever young is what it's called, don't change

May 5, 2015 at 12:53 AM Post #4,566 of 20,136
Dear venerable Tribal council chief @Hisoundfi @Wokei et al...  thank you all and congrats for the 300 milestone!

I haven't been around because I just came back from my three weeks home leave... and oh by the way, @Wokei,  I managed to take a 3N4D trip to your charming island of Penang which also happened to be the birthplace of my mom. It's my 3rd trip to the island but the last one was like 15 years ago.  I particularly enjoyed walking around the old part of the city, Georgetown, and am glad to know that it is now being preserved as the UNESCO Heritage site. 

I was surprised how easy and affordable it is to get a 4G internet access over there. One telco (DIGI) set up a counter at the airport arrival even before the immigration counters. A SIM card with 7-day 4G LTE unlimited internet access costs only RM23 (or $6.5). No ID required, no form to fill. Superb! 

People are very friendly, from the immigration officer, shop keepers, bus drivers, etc. Yeah, even the cats are friendly to me.

Using my phone GPS, I managed to locate this street painting of a ginger cat. 

Coincidentally I met another ginger cat at a temple the next day.

Realizing I was taking her photos, she turned around and approached me brushing her head and body against me and of course I was much obliged to give her the head and back rubs she deserves.

May 5, 2015 at 1:20 AM Post #4,569 of 20,136
I also love the Penang island! :) I have visited the butterfly farm there several times and like watching the seascape on the shore. . . (your photos awaken my memories Wokei). A great place for photographers too :wink: I would like to share some photos when I get back to the office.

May 5, 2015 at 1:22 AM Post #4,570 of 20,136
I also love the Penang island!
smily_headphones1.gif
I have visited the butterfly farm there several times and like watching the seascape on the shore. . . A great place for photographers too
wink.gif
I would like to share some photos when I get back to the office.

Please do ....please ...thank you 

May 5, 2015 at 2:02 AM Post #4,572 of 20,136
May 5, 2015 at 2:15 AM Post #4,575 of 20,136

Late to the party... feel crappy about it... but who says music doesn't make a movie! Great start there...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back