The JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review)
Jun 12, 2014 at 12:13 PM Post #1,336 of 3,535
this is so precious to me i bubble wrapped the two drivers separately...never dun this to any iems i had b4..lol.

Jun 12, 2014 at 1:12 PM Post #1,337 of 3,535
Does anyone know if this Shure cable is lighter-weight and less microphonic than the one that comes with the FX850?

http://www.amazon.com/Shure-EAC64CL-Detachable-Earphone-Earphones/dp/B0046HADYG/

Jun 12, 2014 at 3:53 PM Post #1,340 of 3,535
I carried mine a few times in my pocket just to realize last week that brass is very prone to dents and scratching.
I would have used the carrying case had I known... oh well... 

Ack, that's not good. I never take them out unless I'm using them, otherwise, they stay in the case. Shiny and new-like

Jun 12, 2014 at 5:44 PM Post #1,343 of 3,535
Actually I find the case to to be a pain in the neck,wrapping and fitting the iem into the slots. Looks great, makes me not want to take them out in the first place.never would carry them around without it though.
I have a problem with fit/seal on these as well (tend not to do well with iems of odd shape, or with chambers). Tried the shallow fit/ large tip route, didn't work for me. Did better with small Monster tips,able to get a bit deeper and seal better,though I'm still working on the best tip for them,close but not quite there yet. Have to say, once you get good seal, they sound fabulous!!

Jun 12, 2014 at 6:22 PM Post #1,344 of 3,535
  Lol... Yea I've been checking everyday for a lower price and this came up right when I refreshed today, and today seems to be a lucky day honestly, so I figured why not give it a shot LOL. definitely a scam though I think.. haha.. I'll report back in a week :D

--seller has a whole bunch of crap selling for $100 (even DVD's..) -_-; definitely a scam.. but I'm going to keep my fingers crossed LOL.

They shipped today from Japan! Estimated for this coming Tuesday!! I know I shouldn't get my hopes up like this, but I didn't even expect anything to ship.. I'll be so disappointed when I open my package on Tuesday and find a rock.. lol :D :D

Jun 12, 2014 at 10:50 PM Post #1,346 of 3,535
B
Actually I find the case to to be a pain in the neck,wrapping and fitting the iem into the slots. Looks great, makes me not want to take them out in the first place.never would carry them around without it though.
I have a problem with fit/seal on these as well (tend not to do well with iems of odd shape, or with chambers). Tried the shallow fit/ large tip route, didn't work for me. Did better with small Monster tips,able to get a bit deeper and seal better,though I'm still working on the best tip for them,close but not quite there yet. Have to say, once you get good seal, they sound fabulous!!

Believe me it is much better than the FX700 case in terms of space.

Jun 12, 2014 at 11:07 PM Post #1,347 of 3,535
B

It blows away any of my old Sennheiser (IE8/80) cases - talk about titz on a bull....

Jun 12, 2014 at 11:59 PM Post #1,349 of 3,535
B

Don't know the FX700, but I have many iem's with good cases that are much easier to manage...Westone cases come to mind off the top of my head, Monster had very nice cases easier to manage, Klipsch has a case that is firm, not too big, but still allows you to roll up the headphones without finding/fitting the fakakta iems into the allotted slot. I'll be the first to admit it's elegant...but it makes using it (maybe just for me) more trouble than I like.
Space is at a premium as far as I can see as well, if you like to keep the included tips with you. Many cases have a pocket or space for this...try this with the JVC, and you ain't getting the headphones in the case. Not a major big deal, by the way, sound is the major factor here, but it did come up...

Jun 13, 2014 at 12:36 AM Post #1,350 of 3,535
Here is a pics of the FX700 case. Similar to the FX850 but noticeably smaller. I found it quite cumbersome to use this case with the FX700s and ended up stop using it. I was also worried about ruining the connectors using this case long term.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back