The JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review)
Jun 10, 2014 at 2:58 PM Post #1,323 of 3,535
  Given these are dynamic, I wonder how well these fare vs 1p2?  1p2 has dual BA with one dynamic, and it has wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide sound with BA providing good highs.  I haven't run into dynamic that can provide detail an clarity on the highs like BA.  How are the highs and is the sound stage pretty wide?  Have anybody heard both 1p2 and this?

The FX850s definitely hit above their price range IMO. So does the Flat 4 Sui. But they are no 1Plus2. Different leagues IMO. I owned both. Going from the 1Plus2 to the FX850s makes the FX850 sound muddy and congested.

Jun 10, 2014 at 5:28 PM Post #1,324 of 3,535
Unfortunately I had to file a claim through Amazon today as it looks like the FX850 are not going to show up:confused:  After trying to contact the seller twice, as well as Amazon trying to contact the seller on my behalf, I haven't heard anything back in about 4 days now.  For some reason it seems the package was deliver and signed for in Vacaville California U.S.A. and I live in Alberta, Canada.  I figure if the seller wanted to make it right they would have contacted me back by now.  This was also a seller with no feedback and now they have 100% negative feedback.

So I guess I won't be joining the woody club for a while:frowning2:  as I don't have the time to re-order now.

Well, the seller contacted me this morning and apologized and is now resending the FX-850. They even reimbursed the shipping cost so I am happy. I also removed their negative feedback since they wanted to rectify the situation and will give them positive feedback once they get here:). Hopefully:)

Jun 10, 2014 at 7:29 PM Post #1,325 of 3,535
Well whoever picked up those free headphones must be happy. Unless the tracking number was wrong to begin with.

Jun 10, 2014 at 7:49 PM Post #1,326 of 3,535
  Well whoever picked up those free headphones must be happy. Unless the tracking number was wrong to begin with.

Yes, somebody is probably happy, unless they felt guilty and returned them to the seller.  It did kind of sound like when the seller contacted me that they did ship them to the wrong address.  I don't think it was a tracking no. issue anymore because if it were the seller wouldn't have had to re-ship them today.  

Jun 10, 2014 at 9:57 PM Post #1,327 of 3,535

The FX850s ... are no 1Plus2. Different leagues IMO. 

Are the 1Plus2 as enjoyable and versatile with different music styles?
Seems like there's always a couple of pairs for sale in the classified section. I've often wondered why people would sell them... maybe to help funding the latest TOTL CIEM...

Jun 10, 2014 at 10:55 PM Post #1,329 of 3,535
Ahhh! makes sense, the latest of the latest, the top of the top... 
rolleyes.gif

Jun 11, 2014 at 12:36 AM Post #1,331 of 3,535
I just bought a pair of these from amazon.com (not .jp) for $100 + ~$20 shipping. Definitely getting scammed.. Lets see how good amazon's A-Z guarantee really is LOL

Lol. Probably. Or else the seller meant to put his listing under a lower JVC model. Well good luck, I think Amazons a-z is pretty good for the buyer from what I have read.

Jun 11, 2014 at 12:37 AM Post #1,332 of 3,535
Lol. Probably. Or else the seller meant to put his listing under a lower JVC model. Well good luck, I think Amazons a-z is pretty good for the buyer from what I have read.

Lol... Yea I've been checking everyday for a lower price and this came up right when I refreshed today, and today seems to be a lucky day honestly, so I figured why not give it a shot LOL. definitely a scam though I think.. haha.. I'll report back in a week :D

--seller has a whole bunch of crap selling for $100 (even DVD's..) -_-; definitely a scam.. but I'm going to keep my fingers crossed LOL.

Jun 12, 2014 at 11:37 AM Post #1,335 of 3,535
  Got mine today.

Sound is spacious, very good. What will change with burn in? Additionally, I can't get a good seal with these.. unless they're meant to be shallow inserted.

I find they sound great with shallow insertion, as long as I use the largest tips.

The bass tends to change the most with break-in, becoming tighter and more in balance with the rest of the frequencies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back