The JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review)
Jun 6, 2014 at 10:05 AM Post #1,280 of 3,535

Well, some like to get it over with quickly. Problem is, companies keep cranking new models faster than we can burn them in... endless, hopeless, borderline evil...

Agreed... People always want the latest and greatest improved model... Too tempting.  The main reason I ordered all these at once is because I work out of town and I quit my job last Friday, so now I will be home to receive everything...  There is a TON of work here in the Alberta oilsands for electricians now though so I'll take a new job next week sometime.  

Jun 6, 2014 at 1:49 PM Post #1,281 of 3,535
I ordered these on the 4th from Amazon and paid for expedited shipping - they said 1-3 days - obviously it wasn't gong to be one day - but after a flurry of activity - my box has been in the status "dispatch from office of exchange" for 36 hours - Amazon's "tracking" states that they will arrive Tuesday the 10th by 8pm - but that was just the worst case scenario listed when I made the purchase - I don't think it had anything to do with the actual time the item was shipped... I am wondering if they put it on a container ship - and now I will wait for 3 weeks... I am not that familiar with Japan Post (EMS) so I can't gauge progress from prior history...

oh well.... not like I need them 
biggrin.gif

Jun 6, 2014 at 4:07 PM Post #1,283 of 3,535
W.T.F  USPS and Amazon are saying my FX-850's have been delivered and signed for by somebody that wasn't me. IN THE U.S. The delivery address is supposed to be my address is in Canada not the U.S.  How could someone, unless they stole the package make this big of an error? 

Edit.. Unless they sent me the wrong tracking no?

Jun 6, 2014 at 7:17 PM Post #1,285 of 3,535
  Let's hope so. Worst case scenario, you'll get a refund because of tracking proof.

I am hoping they just gave the wrong tracking no. which I would think is the most likely case.  I can't see USPS making that big of a mistake and then somebody else signing for it on top of it.  The address wouldn't even be close and the name isn't even close to mine either... The only other thing I could see is that the shipper sent it to the wrong person.  I guess I will find out when the seller messages me back through Amazon.  Now I am glad I paid for the express shipping with the tracking no. 

Jun 6, 2014 at 7:36 PM Post #1,286 of 3,535
  I am hoping they just gave the wrong tracking no. which I would think is the most likely case.  I can't see USPS making that big of a mistake and then somebody else signing for it on top of it.  The address wouldn't even be close and the name isn't even close to mine either... The only other thing I could see is that the shipper sent it to the wrong person.  I guess I will find out when the seller messages me back through Amazon.  Now I am glad I paid for the express shipping with the tracking no. 

ALWAYS get tracking - I hate when USPS or UPS (the biggest culprits) leave something on my doorstep - my front door faces the street - just drive by and see the damned box...

...on another note - just now, the USPS website shows that my package was processed in Los Angeles at 10am - If I look it up in the Japan Post Tracking site, it is still in Tokyo.... Looks like I'll get them tomorrow!!

Jun 6, 2014 at 9:17 PM Post #1,287 of 3,535
ALWAYS get tracking - I hate when USPS or UPS (the biggest culprits) leave something on my doorstep - my front door faces the street - just drive by and see the damned box...

...on another note - just now, the USPS website shows that my package was processed in Los Angeles at 10am - If I look it up in the Japan Post Tracking site, it is still in Tokyo.... Looks like I'll get them tomorrow!!

The only time I don't get tracking is for very low priced items. I hate not knowing where something I ordered is or when it will show up, which is why this is really bugging me. Plus it does give the added protection and proof in circumstances like mine.
UPS always leaves my parcels on the front porch as well and like yours, mine can be seen from the street as well.

I hope you do get your FX-850's tomorrow:) Does USPS deliver on Saturdays?

Jun 6, 2014 at 9:23 PM Post #1,288 of 3,535
I hope you do get your FX-850's tomorrow:) Does USPS deliver on Saturdays?

Oh, yeah.... they'll be here before 10am.... We get early delivery on my street..... the bitch is, that it is Saturday - wife and kids are home.... 
eek.gif

Jun 6, 2014 at 9:31 PM Post #1,289 of 3,535
Oh, yeah.... they'll be here before 10am.... We get early delivery on my street..... the bitch is, that it is Saturday - wife and kids are home.... :eek:

Lol. No need to say more. I was disappointed today because I had a lot running around to do and before I knew it my wife and 2 year old daughter were home and I didn't get as much listening time as I would have liked. I'm just trying to get a lot of things done before I take a new job next week, as I work out of town. Well hopefully they let you set aside some time to listen to the 850s:)

Jun 6, 2014 at 11:52 PM Post #1,290 of 3,535
My wife works from 3pm to 8pm tomorrow - I should be able to get some quality time for my head!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back