The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Apr 7, 2014 at 11:01 AM Post #12,557 of 18,652
So, does anyone, for those of us who decided to stick with the 50, know when are they releasing the new firmware? I'm looking forward to try my DX50 as a USB DAC and then i'll see if i upgrade or not...

Apr 7, 2014 at 8:42 PM Post #12,563 of 18,652
It sounds "good."  I used it with my C3, and when I got the DX50 I just plugged it in and got happy.  
gs1000.gif

The player sound fine without it, I just think running the C5 from line out makes it better. YMMV.  Though I've seen others here that seem to like it.  

Note:  I listen while walking, so if you mostly listen while in your chair, you may have a different impression of amping the DX50.  

Apr 7, 2014 at 9:20 PM Post #12,564 of 18,652
  It sounds "good."  I used it with my C3, and when I got the DX50 I just plugged it in and got happy.  
gs1000.gif

The player sound fine without it, I just think running the C5 from line out makes it better. YMMV.  Though I've seen others here that seem to like it.  

Note:  I listen while walking, so if you mostly listen while in your chair, you may have a different impression of amping the DX50.  

Oh I'll be using mine on the go as well, been trying to think of how I'll carry it.  It shipped today though. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Apr 7, 2014 at 9:49 PM Post #12,567 of 18,652
Nope.  That's why I didn't buy it a case.  I carry mine around in a belt bag (actually an ammo bag) I found on eBay for about $7.  Got a flap that snaps closed and enough room for some kleenex and my iems if I want to stash them.  I carried my C3 combo the same way, never an issue, and the C3 looks new, as does the BH (and now the C5).  I didn't like using thick rubber bands, it seemed to torque the C3/BH and gave me issues with the iem jack (I had the Ç3 in a silicon case for that).  I removed the bands, issue went away.  So I moved to the Dual Lock, which I like the look of. 

Apr 8, 2014 at 7:51 AM Post #12,568 of 18,652
  Nope.  That's why I didn't buy it a case.  I carry mine around in a belt bag (actually an ammo bag) I found on eBay for about $7.  Got a flap that snaps closed and enough room for some kleenex and my iems if I want to stash them.  I carried my C3 combo the same way, never an issue, and the C3 looks new, as does the BH (and now the C5).  I didn't like using thick rubber bands, it seemed to torque the C3/BH and gave me issues with the iem jack (I had the Ç3 in a silicon case for that).  I removed the bands, issue went away.  So I moved to the Dual Lock, which I like the look of. 

Hello olddude,

I use the DX50 at this moment mostly with BH2 & Grado PS500. Is there a big improvement in SQ when you use the C5 instead of the BH in combination with the DX50? I was thinking of orderering the C5 but am not sure about it...

Apr 8, 2014 at 9:33 AM Post #12,569 of 18,652
Hi-  Well, I can't really say.  I swapped out my C&C BH for the C5 on my Colorfly C3 and there was a huge difference.  Quality of sound and spatial placement (bass placement was VERY noticiable), added height in soundstage, etc. were improved with the C5.  I've never even tried my C&C with the DX50, as I'm selling it.  But I can say that I tried the DX50 from headphones out and then from the C5 and there certainly is a difference.  How much I can't say, as I spent one minute on headphones out and the past week from the C5 jack.  Sounds awfully good to me.

Apr 8, 2014 at 9:57 AM Post #12,570 of 18,652
OK, I guess that in 2 months time (when I will have the budget for it) I will order the DX90, a 128gb microsd card & the C5 as well...the combination on your photo looks like they're made for each other, at least shapewise...
Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back