The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Sep 11, 2013 at 9:19 AM Post #991 of 18,652
The above got a bit lost...........from opinions on 15-20Hz notes to super tweeters
confused_face_2.gif

Anyway back to the DX50, good pairings?  From owners?

Sep 11, 2013 at 9:19 AM Post #992 of 18,652
I have a question for folks who are amping the DX50, since the Line Output can be adjusted using the volume control buttons, what is the vol level that you guys set to achieve maximum SQ? is 1.5vrms can only be achieve when set to vol to max?

Typically when amping from a line-out, setting the source volume to near max will result in the best signal to noise ratio.

Sep 11, 2013 at 9:22 AM Post #993 of 18,652
To share a little distress I have faced during my pre-order of the DX50 (2nd batch):

For my shipment, iBasso did not use DHL or EMS but opted for some unknown freight forwarding company in China (called Fardar) to send the DX50.

The flight from Hong Kong to Singapore took 3 days (the plane must have stopped over along every single country between Hong Kong and Singapore). The delivery man took possession of the parcel for delivery, but then held onto the parcel for 2 entire business days before making his way to my home (he must have taken it back home on the first day night to try it out). I tried calling in to inquire on it but was informed that the office is clueless since it is with the delivery man. It can't be helped.

The online tracker is neither responsive nor informative.

Finally, just a while ago, a failed delivery attempt was made (because nobody would be at home during office hour). A note was left at my doorstep (which is so small and printed in a manner that looked exactly like advertisement pamphlet which my sister threw into the dustbin only for me to discover it by chance when I opened the bin to throw my trash).  On the note wrote that the parcel will be routed to their factory located at some industrial area inaccessible to most residential and business area during their operating hours. 

Had EMS been used, it would have been routed to the nearest post office for self pick-up. Had DHL been used, the information shown in the tracker would be live and communication with the customer service for scheduling delivery would have been much easier and possible.

So, this is my most hilarious head-fi purchase of the year.

PS: I still do not have the DX50.

Sep 11, 2013 at 9:25 AM Post #994 of 18,652
I shouldn't think so...a fully developed 20Hz note is 17 meters longs and basically felt, and only a few speakers can produce the note proficiently. 

And to add to Gavin's post, most small driver IEM's (and even on-ear cans) when driven hard at such low frequencies exhibit what is called "doubling". What you are hearing is the second harmonic of the fundamental frequency.

Sep 11, 2013 at 9:32 AM Post #995 of 18,652
The above got a bit lost...........from opinions on 15-20Hz notes to super tweeters:confused_face_2:

Anyway back to the DX50, good pairings?  From owners?

StageDiver SD3 (IEM)
Ultrasone Signature Pro (On-ear)
Blox Anv3 (Bud)

So far...

Sep 11, 2013 at 9:35 AM Post #996 of 18,652
  To share a little distress I have faced during my pre-order of the DX50 (2nd batch):

For my shipment, iBasso did not use DHL or EMS but opted for some unknown freight forwarding company in China (called Fardar) to send the DX50.

The flight from Hong Kong to Singapore took 3 days (the plane must have stopped over along every single country between Hong Kong and Singapore). The delivery man took possession of the parcel for delivery, but then held onto the parcel for 2 entire business days before making his way to my home (he must have taken it back home on the first day night to try it out). I tried calling in to inquire on it but was informed that the office is clueless since it is with the delivery man. It can't be helped.

Finally, just a while ago, a failed delivery attempt was made (because nobody would be at home during office hour). A note was left at my doorstep (which is so small and printed in a manner that looked exactly like advertisement pamphlet which my sister threw into the dustbin only for me to discover it by chance when I opened the bin to throw my trash).  On the note wrote that the parcel will be routed to their factory located at some industrial area inaccessible to most residential and business area during their operating hours. 

Had EMS been used, it would have been routed to the nearest post office for self pick-up. Had DHL been used, the information shown in the tracker would be live and communication with the customer service for scheduling delivery would have been much easier and possible.

Oh dear.........Strange service chosen
confused_face_2.gif

Would love to hear your thoughts with the 846 when you finally receive your DX50. My pair is on vacation..............

Sep 11, 2013 at 9:53 AM Post #1,000 of 18,652

Im in a similar situation as you, called Fardar in Singapore to check, driver actually went on leave, leaving no one to deliver the package for the past few days when its here since Monday.

Sep 11, 2013 at 10:15 AM Post #1,003 of 18,652
Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The main difference is that iBasso are pretty open about what they do and about their spec. Maybe HiSound have changed since the early days, but they really blew it with the AMP3. iBasso really are on another level.

Agreed.

Hard to disagree on that point. Between hisound and ibasso's level of willingness to communicate, the difference is as different as day and night. In this aspect HiSound really do need to buck up. They should set IBasso as the benchmark in communications and strive towards that.

Don't even get me started on the crapstorm that is Hisound Audio. I will never buy one of their products ever again. Worst customer experience with a product (Studio-V) that I have ever had in my 29 years of existence on this planet. I'm very much looking forward to receiving the iBasso DX50 and dealing with a company that competently runs their business. Thank you iBasso for offering such a great deal!

Sep 11, 2013 at 10:19 AM Post #1,004 of 18,652
  Oh dear.........Strange service chosen
confused_face_2.gif

Would love to hear your thoughts with the 846 when you finally receive your DX50. My pair is on vacation..............

Even USPS First Class fares better in this regard. Your comment on IE800 makes me wanna get one to try it out...

Im in a similar situation as you, called Fardar in Singapore to check, driver actually went on leave, leaving no one to deliver the package for the past few days when its here since Monday.

iBasso explained that they chose Fardar because of lower cost (which isn't low in my opinion). iBasso charges US$22 for shipment to the U.S. via a much more recognised freight forwarding company compared to US$14 for shipment to Singapore via Fardar. Taking into account the difference in distance, a lower shipment price is to be expected. To save a few dollars and in return causing inconvenience to the customer is unacceptable.

Sep 11, 2013 at 10:34 AM Post #1,005 of 18,652

Even USPS First Class fares better in this regard. Your comment on IE800 makes me wanna get one to try it out...

iBasso explained that they chose Fardar because of lower cost (which isn't low in my opinion). iBasso charges US$22 for shipment to the U.S. via a much more recognised freight forwarding company compared to US$14 for shipment to Singapore via Fardar. Taking into account the difference in distance, a lower shipment price is to be expected. To save a few dollars and in return causing inconvenience to the customer is unacceptable.

weird. i received mine on monday from Fardar... that was pretty unlucky uelover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back