The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Dec 8, 2013 at 4:55 PM Post #8,132 of 18,652
  Any guide to update iBasso?

There is a read me file with the download. 

Below for 1.2.6 updating now. :) 

Instruction For Firmware upgrade:
1, extract the zip file, and copy the update.img into the DX50;
2, select Settings--->Advanced--->System update (the system update option appears after the DX50 has the update.img inside);
3, click OK to start the firmware update;
4, after the firmware update completed, select Settings--->Advanced--->Factory Reset to reset the DX50;
5, delete the update.img.

Changes. 
1, improved media scanner with progress bar.
2, sleep timer function added.

Dec 8, 2013 at 4:56 PM Post #8,133 of 18,652
I think so. They may have tweaked the bass up just a teeny bit. "Where Is My Mind?" sounds right with the EQ at neutral while it may be a little bit too boomy with the Classical preset which was my preference on 1.2.5. But that might be confirmation bias speaking since I don't have a second DX50 to do any A/B testing.

hmm... seems i can forget about my hopes of ibasso giving a little more weight to the mids. the sound is good with good clarity but i always prefer my dragonfly a little more because the sound is just more supported in the mids, more dynamic, and just so engaging.

Dec 8, 2013 at 4:58 PM Post #8,134 of 18,652
  There is a read me file with the download. 

Below for 1.2.6 updating now. :) 

Instruction For Firmware upgrade:
1, extract the zip file, and copy the update.img into the DX50;
2, select Settings--->Advanced--->System update (the system update option appears after the DX50 has the update.img inside);
3, click OK to start the firmware update;
4, after the firmware update completed, select Settings--->Advanced--->Factory Reset to reset the DX50;
5, delete the update.img.

Changes. 
1, improved media scanner with progress bar.
2, sleep timer function added.

TY :)

Dec 8, 2013 at 4:58 PM Post #8,135 of 18,652
Can anyone recommend a source for very short coax digital cable with 3.5mm miniplugs at each end?  Looking to try the DX50 connected to a portable DAC, but I'm not finding anyone with such a cable for a sensible price.  The few I've found online are very overpriced. 

I asked Redco and they said they can't make one shorter than 1 ft.  I was hoping for something very short (6" or less), and preferably with right angle miniplugs (if anyone even makes them in mono versions). 

Dec 8, 2013 at 5:14 PM Post #8,138 of 18,652
Gapless id messed up as stated, the end of one song starts over the top of the next.  I do hear the widened sound stage and increased weight in the bass, just what i wanted but the gapless issue sucks cuz I mostly listen to live music.

Edit: and if you turn the gapless off it cuts off the first split second of the song.

Dec 8, 2013 at 5:22 PM Post #8,140 of 18,652
  Gapless id messed up as stated, the end of one song starts over the top of the next.  I do hear the widened sound stage and increased weight in the bass, just what i wanted but the gapless issue sucks cuz I mostly listen to live music.

Edit: and if you turn the gapless off it cuts off the first split second of the song.

I can confirm this.

Thank christ its not just me (not that I want others to suffer) I thought i was going mad.
confused_face(1).gif

Dec 8, 2013 at 5:32 PM Post #8,144 of 18,652
That's what the EQ is for. Turn the EQ on, select the Custom preset, and nudge the middle bands up a bit, say "0 1 2 3 3 2 1 0" on the sliders. Enjoy.

I find the EQ confusing .

Just to be clear

When you go onto the EQ screen and you see OFF - there is NO EQ

When you press OFF and it shows ON, there is EQ.

EQ then remains active until you press ON and it show OFF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back