The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Dec 8, 2013 at 6:39 PM Post #8,162 of 18,652
I'm in audio heaven, just sat here and played:

Trigg & Gusset - Legacy of The Witty ( ambient jazz)
Leonard Cohen - Ten New Songs (folk)
Deep Forest & Rahul Sharma - Deep India (World, electronic)
London Grammar - If You Wait (Pop)
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here (Progressive Rock)

For a portable DAP iBasso have cracked the market.

You are right! Listening Led Zeppelin II 24/92 on this was amazing... To not talk about Creedence.....today I was very pleased with their songs with Senn hd598.. Susie Q was greatly reproduced :) I love this player....

Dec 8, 2013 at 6:40 PM Post #8,164 of 18,652
First not to trivialize your update but you did update firmware from the Advanced menu item after you copied the firmware on the dx50 internal memory in the root directory correct?

Did you perform a factory reset?

Yes to both of those. I did the update just like any other time but for some reason it does not update to the new firmware. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Dec 8, 2013 at 7:03 PM Post #8,165 of 18,652
Yes to both of those. I did the update just like any other time but for some reason it does not update to the new firmware. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.

It's weird cause it should have. My best advice is to download again from the FAQ page and extract the file onto the DX50 and try again, you should get it to work. That's exactly how I did it.

Dec 8, 2013 at 7:31 PM Post #8,167 of 18,652
popcorn.gif

Dec 8, 2013 at 8:20 PM Post #8,171 of 18,652
So, having had scanning problems on my DX50 ever since it came out, it has finally completed a full scan of my SD card. At this point, I am perfectly happy with the player, and it seems more stable in general. This is the player it should have been when it was released, and I'm glad I stuck it out. I feel like it is now a player I would recommend to others (held back on recommendations due to my experience with the DX50, all major quibbles have now been remedied).

Dec 8, 2013 at 8:42 PM Post #8,173 of 18,652
I haven't had a chance to listen yet but did the update with no issues and it scanned my 45MB's in about 6 minutes or so. That's a major improvement over the 20 minutes before. Now to see if all of my music is showing.

The background is OK and I think the album artwork when browsing by album looks clearer. Or maybe my mind is open to suggestions from the prior comments. :wink:

I have to admit, it's fun learning of these FW updates and experimenting. Geeking out here. :wink:

Dec 8, 2013 at 9:02 PM Post #8,175 of 18,652
The past few pages of EQ talk has been getting kinda confusing.  I just want my DX50 set to neutral; basically I like to listen to my music as it was recorded.  What should I set my player settings at?  Should I leave EQ off, but I heard when set to 'Off' it isn't totally neutral?  If I turn EQ on and set to custom what should I set the sliders at?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back