The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Dec 8, 2013 at 3:32 PM Post #8,116 of 18,652
Just installed the update and the media scanning bar is more than welcomed by me
smile.gif
anything else is just a bonus.

Just noticed they have changed gapless from close to off, yet the sleep timer is close. 
tongue.gif

Dec 8, 2013 at 3:32 PM Post #8,117 of 18,652
Just installed, scanned my SD card within a minute. Just this fact makes me like this firmware already :)

Dec 8, 2013 at 3:43 PM Post #8,119 of 18,652
I can only say wow, now I can see the scanning bar, a very welcome feature. I also like the iPod touch style rain drop background, pretty nice.

Once my scanning is done, I am going to listen to it to see if any changes in sq.

@BucketInABucket I really don't know how big and what files you have in your 64GB card but mine is nowhere near a one minute scan. It will border more along the 20 minute scan.

Dec 8, 2013 at 3:47 PM Post #8,120 of 18,652
  I can only say wow, now I can see the scanning bar, a very welcome feature. I also like the iPod touch style rain drop background, pretty nice.

Once my scanning is done, I am going to listen to it to see if any changes in sq.

@BucketInABucket I really don't know how big and what files you have in your 64GB card but mine is nowhere near a one minute scan. It will border more along the 20 minute scan.

My 64gb card with 54gb of flac scanned in a couple of minutes.

Dec 8, 2013 at 3:51 PM Post #8,122 of 18,652

@BucketInABucket
 I really don't know how big and what files you have in your 64GB card but mine is nowhere near a one minute scan. It will border more along the 20 minute scan.

My 64gb card with 54gb of flac scanned in a couple of minutes.

Mine has roughy 25GB of music in it. Around 2 minutes for 54GB of music seems to be about right when comparing our scan times.

Dec 8, 2013 at 4:03 PM Post #8,124 of 18,652

I used the recovery mode to reset, not that it matters this new firmware is causing me problems so I've gone back to 1.2.4 for now
rolleyes.gif

Well you might be happy to hear that now you can use the factory reset from the Advanced menu and it works without any hitch.

One thing is for sure, they definitively solved the scanning problem, for the very first time I have my complete album listing with nothing missing, what a relief. I don't sense any major sound difference but the SQ to me is really good no complain here, 1.2.3beta sound is definitively history. This version makes is to date the most enjoyable to use. The scanning is such an improvement, before I never knew if the scanning was over or not. Many times I ended it and most likely I did not have the full list but you have to admit after a whole hour, it does not make sense scanning. I welcome the timer as I many time put myself to sleep with a drained battery most of the time.

Now I don't know if it's me or what but the cover art looks better from the album listing. Am I dreaming or I noticed that the menu looks more like 3D? Let me know what you think. The gapless is fine with me not problems whatsoever. Without hesitation, I would suggest anyone to update, to me it's worth it.

One more thing, when turning the DX50 back on, you can see the scanning bar going real quick in just few seconds then dropping in My Music page, very nice.

Dec 8, 2013 at 4:06 PM Post #8,125 of 18,652
  Well you might be happy to hear that now you can use the factory reset from the Advanced menu and it works without any hitch.

One thing is for sure, they definitively solved the scanning problem, for the very first time I have my complete album listing with nothing missing, what a relief. I don't sense any major sound difference but the SQ to me is really good no complain here, 1.2.3beta sound is definitively history. This version makes is to date the most enjoyable to use. The scanning is such an improvement, before I never knew if the scanning was over or not. Many times I ended it and most likely I did not have the full list but you have to admit after a whole hour, it does not make sense scanning. I welcome the timer as I many time put myself to sleep with a drained battery most of the time.

Now I don't know if it's me or what but the cover art looks better from the album listing. Am I dreaming or I noticed that the menu looks more like 3D? Let me know what you think. The gapless is fine with me not problems whatsoever. Without hesitation, I would suggest anyone to update, to me it's worth it.

I'll try flashing again. for me gapless caused the end of one track to fade out and the next to fade in at the same time. It also left a high pitch whistle when no music was playing
confused.gif

Although I will agree the ui looked a little sharper to me also.

Update: Nope to me this firmware is one step forward two steps back. I'll give it a miss for now
frown.gif

Dec 8, 2013 at 4:33 PM Post #8,126 of 18,652
New FW 1.2.6 is up and looking great! 

• New background
  • New and faster scanning with progress indicator
  • Sleep timer function added
  • Probably other fixes as well, will post them as I find them

Linkage: Http://www.sorensiim.dk/stuff/DX50FW_V1.2.6.zip

Awesome! Do you have an iBasso link? any reason why they don't post on their website? Still has 1.2.2. 1.2.5 and 1.2.6 still kinda beta and why they are not on thier site? Just curious, but I will download the new FW as soon as I can. Can't wait to play.

Dec 8, 2013 at 4:34 PM Post #8,127 of 18,652
Some v1.2.6 Observations.

New "raindrop" wallpaper. Cute, but I can think of better things to do with the background bitmap.

Settings->Gapless setting: "Close" now reads "Off".

Settings->Advanced->Power Management->Sleep Timer: new setting. Has "Close" for "Off". Go fig. :)

Settings->Advanced->Factory Reset reboots into Recovery and erases /data and /cache.

Media scanning progress bar, as has been noted already. Scanning does appear to be faster. This could be a genuine speed improvement for some or it could simply be that having a progress bar alleviates frustration. Either way, system processing feedback is always a good thing.

The list scroll bar area on the right may be a little wider.

I'm hearing no hiss or whine from the HP jack while a media scan is in progress. No hiss or whine while paused, nor while playing at very low volume, nor paused at maximum volume and gain.

Stereo separation is noticeably wider than 1.2.5. Those of you hating the 1.2.5 soundstage should be happy -- at least happier -- with 1.2.6.

Dec 8, 2013 at 4:36 PM Post #8,128 of 18,652
Some v1.2.6 Observations.

New "raindrop" wallpaper. Cute, but I can think of better things to do with the background bitmap.

Settings->Gapless setting: "Close" now reads "Off".

Settings->Advanced->Power Management->Sleep Timer: new setting. Has "Close" for "Off". Go fig.
smily_headphones1.gif

Settings->Advanced->Factory Reset reboots into Recovery and erases /data and /cache.

Media scanning progress bar, as has been noted already. Scanning does appear to be faster. This could be a genuine speed improvement for some or it could simply be that having a progress bar alleviates frustration. Either way, system processing feedback is always a good thing.

The list scroll bar area on the right may be a little wider.

I'm hearing no hiss or whine from the HP jack while a media scan is in progress. No hiss or whine while paused, nor while playing at very low volume, nor paused at maximum volume and gain.

Stereo separation is noticeably wider than 1.2.5. Those of you hating the 1.2.5 soundstage should be happy -- at least happier -- with 1.2.6.

is the overall sound signature carried over from 1.2.5?

Dec 8, 2013 at 4:51 PM Post #8,130 of 18,652
is the overall sound signature carried over from 1.2.5?

I think so. They may have tweaked the bass up just a teeny bit. "Where Is My Mind?" sounds right with the EQ at neutral while it may be a little bit too boomy with the Classical preset which was my preference on 1.2.5. But that might be confirmation bias speaking since I don't have a second DX50 to do any A/B testing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back