The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Nov 8, 2013 at 9:20 AM Post #6,361 of 18,652
I can safely say that if you are looking for inexpensive iems for a very good synergy with the DX50, Shure SE215 does a marvelous job, I know cause I got two pairs including the special blue ones with frequency tweaking. Believe it not it beats my clinical and very bright SE535, I spend more time with the 215 than the 535.

Nov 8, 2013 at 9:23 AM Post #6,362 of 18,652
Just dual-locked my new Quickstep to the DX50... What an incredible combination (using W4Rs). Clearly the amp in the DX50 is the weak link - imagine how popular a DAP would be if it was the DX50 with the Quickstep bits inside as the amp.

Agreed but I dual lock my Pico Power with the DX50 if only the DX50 had that amp in it, what a superpower combo that would be.

Nov 8, 2013 at 9:39 AM Post #6,363 of 18,652
Finally got my dx50 7th batch 1.2.2 and freakin LOVE IT.  Scanned full 64gb transcend quickly; no problems.  I am so loving walking around Tokyo with my 24bit tunes filling my head.  Love the physical buttons (was on an Android phone before) and loving the sound, through my JVC FXZ200, (which have got to be the best-iem-for-the-money for high-res sparkly crackly throbbing techno and modern jazz)  

I haven`t had any troubles yet and am on the fence regarding 1.2.3, after all your interesting but contradictory impressions.  

I am also interested in cases and I just went to a camera mega-store and picked up a cheapie, $10 compact camera case that fits like a glove:

The headphone-out peaks over the side just enough

And you may get a kick out of this - the Pelican model 1010 fits the dx50 PERFECTLY :

It slides in with just the perfect amount of snugness.  I almost bought it, but then realized it was utter nonsense.  Tomorrow I`m going to a fancy tobacco shop to check out leather cigartte cases because I`m pretty sure the dx50 is the same size as a pack of smokes.....

d

Nov 8, 2013 at 9:43 AM Post #6,364 of 18,652
Finally got my dx50 7th batch 1.2.2 and freakin LOVE IT.  Scanned full 64gb transcend quickly; no problems.  I am so loving walking around Tokyo with my 24bit tunes filling my head.  Love the physical buttons (was on an Android phone before) and loving the sound, through my JVC FXZ200, (which have got to be the best-iem-for-the-money for high-res sparkly crackly throbbing techno and modern jazz)  

I haven`t had any troubles yet and am on the fence regarding 1.2.3, after all your interesting but contradictory impressions.  

I am also interested in cases and I just went to a camera mega-store and picked up a cheapie, $10 compact camera case that fits like a glove:

And you may get a kick out of this - the Pelican model 1010 fits the dx50 PERFECTLY :

It slides in with just the perfect amount of snugness.  I almost bought it, but then realized it was utter nonsense.  Tomorrow I`m going to a fancy tobacco shop to check out leather cigartte cases because I`m pretty sure the dx50 is the same size as a pack of smokes.....

d
Great case options. I had been using a CaseLogic hard drive case to hold my DX50/4.Ai, but with the sale of my 4.Ai and acquisition of a UERM, I am looking at getting something a little sturdier to hold both the DAP and CIEM. Any suggestions?

Nov 8, 2013 at 9:53 AM Post #6,365 of 18,652

d

Wow what a bargain for that leather case and it looks classy. I would drill holes if needed. :)

Nov 8, 2013 at 11:30 AM Post #6,367 of 18,652
Dammit, I wanted to see the fit of DX50 to that pelican case and now I have to find a tool to get it out:D Pretty snug, yeah
tongue.gif

AAaah. Smacking the case helped me out of this trouble.

Nov 8, 2013 at 11:51 AM Post #6,368 of 18,652
  Dammit, I wanted to see the fit of DX50 to that pelican case and now I have to find a tool to get it out:D Pretty snug, yeah
tongue.gif

Right?  I used my fingernail to pull it out.  It`s like the 1010 was designed specifically for the dx50.  I  so want to buy it, but I can`t think of single reason to carry the dx50 around in a pelican case, all by itself.....

Nov 8, 2013 at 11:55 AM Post #6,369 of 18,652
Dammit, I wanted to see the fit of DX50 to that pelican case and now I have to find a tool to get it out:D Pretty snug, yeah:p

Yeah I have one of those cases and it fits in exactly....but the rubber does grip it and it's a bugger to get out again.....now I just use mine for my IEM's and USB OTG cable and 128Gb USB stick. I keep my DX50 in a zip up case instead when not in use.

Nov 8, 2013 at 11:57 AM Post #6,370 of 18,652
Hi folks,

For few days I am an owner of this marvelous player.
Here is a fey thing that i dont like.
Let's assume, i had selected an album (or folder) with 5 songs in it.

1.    If i select playing mode 'Order', and dont touch anything, the player plays all 5 songs 
    and stop.That is correct. But, if i press on next song button while the last song is 
    playing, then DX50 just go to the first song and play everything again. 
    That is wrong, player should just stop playing.

2.    If i select 'Shuffle', DX50 plays that 5 songs in random order, but forewer maybe he do that 
    because after every song he just randomly select another song. 
    Also if i go to the previous song, the player do not play song that was realy played previously, 
    and the same is for next song,  that is totaly wrong. 
    The array of selected song should be built when user select songs or folder.., 
    then randomized and then played as in playing mode 'Order'. 
    I think, that that is normal everywhere. If i fall to a sleep between listening for 
    that 5 songs, i dont want that the player play that 5 songs all night.

It will be very usefull if there will be the index of currently playing song 'of'  total number of 
selected songs on the 'Now playing' screen, while ' index of currently playing song ' 
does not mean the song number from the songs tag, but the index of the currently playing song 
from ranomized (or not randomized) array of selected songs.

1. You are asking the DX50 to do exactly what it is doing. When playing in order, "Next" will start the Album playing again if used on the last tune. Just don't press "Next" when the last song is playing if you want it to stop!

2. When using the "Random" play mode, pressing the "Back" button will always cause the currently playing tune to start over from the beginning. This is the way that many users have requested it to be, as one may want to hear the same tune replay again for various reasons. There is little rationale for the "Back" button to randomly select a tune as the "Fwd" button will accomplish exactly the same thing.

There is no universal UI format and that is likely one reason that many different DAP's are available on the market. IMO, the DX50 UI has evolved into one of the most intuitive and useful interfaces available.

Nov 8, 2013 at 2:06 PM Post #6,372 of 18,652
Hi all

I just bought this DAP and its just awesome paired with my HiFiMan Re-0s. One issue I'm having is that when I change between songs, they don't start at 0:00, they start at 0:01 or so. They skip, for instance, the first chord at the beginning of a song. I want to know if this is an issue or its just a configuration 'problem'. I already searched for an option at the config menu, but I couldn't find any. Maybe I didn't do a good research at the menus or its just -as i believe- an issue. I already updated to 1.2.2 FW.

Hope you can help me guys

Nov 8, 2013 at 2:19 PM Post #6,373 of 18,652
  Hi all

I just bought this DAP and its just awesome paired with my HiFiMan Re-0s. One issue I'm having is that when I change between songs, they don't start at 0:00, they start at 0:01 or so. They skip, for instance, the first chord at the beginning of a song. I want to know if this is an issue or its just a configuration 'problem'. I already searched for an option at the config menu, but I couldn't find any. Maybe I didn't do a good research at the menus or its just -as i believe- an issue. I already updated to 1.2.2 FW.

Hope you can help me guys

Set gapless to 5 seconds and you're good!

Also: Welcome to Head-Fi, sorry about your wallet.

Nov 8, 2013 at 2:35 PM Post #6,374 of 18,652
Just added a bit about playback to the FAQ: http://www.head-fi.org/a/ibasso-dx50-faq#user_playback

...including the bit about 5 seconds of gapless 
beerchug.gif

Nov 8, 2013 at 2:36 PM Post #6,375 of 18,652
  Set gapless to 5 seconds and you're good!

Also: Welcome to Head-Fi, sorry about your wallet.

Thank you! Now you made my DX50 perfect :)

Another issue I've found is that now I'm FORCED to download/rip albums strictly in FLAC format. Mp3 < 320kbps sound horrible, even 320kbps isn't that good...haha :D. I'm glad I replaced my old iPod classic. I can't believe that for a long time I considered it the best player.

Thanks again Sorensiim!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back