The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Nov 8, 2013 at 5:04 AM Post #6,346 of 18,652
loops typo I mean to say trying to update to v1.2.3 beta

Haha, I see.
The whole thing is that the BH2 is 100 bucks new and the C5 is 189, is 89 bucks worth the tad improvement..that's a personal decision people would have to make. For me, prob not..but i had some extra cash laying around and was curious

I agree. Preference plays a key role here. But we should also remember that people pay hundreds for minor differences in sound.

Nov 8, 2013 at 5:34 AM Post #6,349 of 18,652
Has anybody here experienced something ridiculous like me ? 

It's my DX50 problem, I still can adjust the volume, change "gain" setting even when i plug my headphone in the "LINE OUT" jack. 

So how the hell this output can be called " line-out " , so sick ..... 

It's explained in the FAQ.

Nov 8, 2013 at 5:42 AM Post #6,350 of 18,652
Had to return my DX50 in the end, my grounding problem kept coming back, I think mine was just built a little funky :p I'm now waiting for the be all and end all dap, the Calyx M  
biggrin.gif

Nov 8, 2013 at 5:44 AM Post #6,351 of 18,652
Had to return my DX50 in the end, my grounding problem kept coming back, I think mine was just built a little funky :p I'm now waiting for the be all and end all dap, the Calyx M  :D

Not the Fiio X5?
Come on, Joe even mentioned you (indirectly) in the first ever X5 video! :-D

Nov 8, 2013 at 5:45 AM Post #6,352 of 18,652
I am looking for a pair of headphones to pair with my DX50 and wondered if anybody could make any suggestions as to potentially suitable products.

Mainly used directly out of the DX50 but will also be used with my O2/ODAC using the DX50 and laptop as sources....they may also be occasionally used with my iPhone5 and iPad4 (although not that often).

Musical tastes are varied but include a variety of genres from the 60's through to present day. I like a headphone that provides a strong midrange but not to the detriment of the lows or highs.

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

My momentum are just fabulous with the DX50 with or without amp. The hd600 isn't bad either but the amp is a most. If you ears are not too large go for over the ears momentum.

Nov 8, 2013 at 5:48 AM Post #6,353 of 18,652
Had to return my DX50 in the end, my grounding problem kept coming back, I think mine was just built a little funky :p I'm now waiting for the be all and end all dap, the Calyx M  :D

Got you there and am interested in that one too however the shear size vs the powerhouse dac makes me think not enough power for the amp. If they offer digital out then u gotta have to pair it with an amp.

Let's watch and see it's a little down the timeline.

Nov 8, 2013 at 6:06 AM Post #6,354 of 18,652
Got you there and am interested in that one too however the shear size vs the powerhouse dac makes me think not enough power for the amp. If they offer digital out then u gotta have to pair it with an amp.

Let's watch and see it's a little down the timeline.

The power is more than fine, at a minimum it seems to be very slightly more powerful than the DX50, the THD+N graph they posted shows 70mW at 16Ω with 1v. We don't know if that is on low gain or high gain though, so it might be even more powerful, they might have only used low gain setting to show the lowest THD on the graph. The DX50 in comparison has 60mW at 16Ω with 1v on high gain.

Its looking quite promising 
biggrin.gif

Nov 8, 2013 at 6:50 AM Post #6,355 of 18,652
Hi folks,

For few days I am an owner of this marvelous player.
Here is a fey thing that i dont like.
Let's assume, i had selected an album (or folder) with 5 songs in it.

1.    If i select playing mode 'Order', and dont touch anything, the player plays all 5 songs 
    and stop.That is correct. But, if i press on next song button while the last song is 
    playing, then DX50 just go to the first song and play everything again. 
    That is wrong, player should just stop playing.

2.    If i select 'Shuffle', DX50 plays that 5 songs in random order, but forewer maybe he do that 
    because after every song he just randomly select another song. 
    Also if i go to the previous song, the player do not play song that was realy played previously, 
    and the same is for next song,  that is totaly wrong. 
    The array of selected song should be built when user select songs or folder.., 
    then randomized and then played as in playing mode 'Order'. 
    I think, that that is normal everywhere. If i fall to a sleep between listening for 
    that 5 songs, i dont want that the player play that 5 songs all night.

It will be very usefull if there will be the index of currently playing song 'of'  total number of 
selected songs on the 'Now playing' screen, while ' index of currently playing song ' 
does not mean the song number from the songs tag, but the index of the currently playing song 
from ranomized (or not randomized) array of selected songs.

Nov 8, 2013 at 8:14 AM Post #6,359 of 18,652
Oyy its bad to hear the hifiman re400 and dx50 have bad synergy. I was pretty content with the re400s.. not a spectacular IEM but doesn't do much wrong. Hm maybe the re400 is more source dependent than I thought.. and maybe that's why I didn't care for the colorfly c3 lol.

Nov 8, 2013 at 9:04 AM Post #6,360 of 18,652
Just dual-locked my new Quickstep to the DX50... What an incredible combination (using W4Rs). Clearly the amp in the DX50 is the weak link - imagine how popular a DAP would be if it was the DX50 with the Quickstep bits inside as the amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back