The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Sep 25, 2013 at 12:56 AM Post #2,626 of 18,652
Volume through the line out is variable so yes its controlled by the DX50. Maybe a future update could implement a fixed volume option or even a separate volume for when it detects a headphone or LO.
Quote:
  When DX50 is connected with amp (I am using Pico Power), is the volume of line out can still be controlled by DX50? As I think line out will bypass the internal amplifier. Thanks.

For above I think a lot of people are getting popping noises they are normal.

Sep 25, 2013 at 2:36 AM Post #2,629 of 18,652
I think iBasso did too good on the DX50. You can't touch sound this good for anywhere near the price. The ak100 can't touch it even modified imo. It will be very hard to top this.

Couldn't agree more. I have the DX100 and the DX50 with me and I find myself reaching for the DX50 most of the time. Yes, the DX100 has better imaging making it slightly more natural sounding, but I'd say that the DX50 is overall the better DAP, regardless of price. There, I said it. Bring on the flames.

I'm glad to hear this, I ordered the DX50 primarily hoping it would make a good pairing with my 8.A, which is source-fussy due to it's coloration.

However, this last week I've been primarily using my 4.A CIEM after a month or two not using it, and I forgot how much I enjoy it.

Hearing the 4.A/ A.i is a good match increases my chances at having a good pairing here.

You will be enjoying the 8.A with the DX50 as well 
wink_face.gif

Does anyone getting a popping noise before they press play. This only happens once once you start up the system though..

Yep, that's the sound of the amp coming on. And it's absolutely nothing - you should hear the DX100! Plugging in your iems before turning it on is not something you'll do more than once. That big amp goes POP!

Sep 25, 2013 at 2:38 AM Post #2,630 of 18,652
Yep, that's the sound of the amp coming on. And it's absolutely nothing - you should hear the DX100! Plugging in your iems before turning it on is not something you'll do more than once. That big amp goes POP!

I wished that iBasso would solve that issue. 

Sep 25, 2013 at 2:40 AM Post #2,631 of 18,652
I would say it depends on your preference for how you like your audio to sound!  but I can only recommend my own favourite IEM, the Grado GR10 - they are such a joy to listen to. I have had some amazing laugh out loud moments at the quality these IEMs have. Grado has this magical ability to put you right there on the stage or in the studio with the performers :) Personally I will not be looking for any other IEMs as I feel 100% happy with the Grado GR10's

Thanks for the input Jon. Will check this out. Cheers

Sep 25, 2013 at 3:01 AM Post #2,633 of 18,652
  Fifth batch now indicated on the website.
Hope I made the cutoff for the fourth batch.

Production & Shipping Schedule:
First batch: 300pcs, will be shipped on Aug 26th. (all of the first batch DX50s were reserved)
Second batch: 500pcs, will be shipped on Sep 6th. (all of the second batch DX50s were reserved)
Third batch: 500pcs, will be shipped on Sep 16th. (all of the third batch DX50s were reserved)
Fourth batch: 500pcs, will be shipped on Sep 27th.(all of the fourth batch DX50s were reserved)

Fifth batch: 500pcs, will be shipped on Oct 11th. 

i did so ordered yesterday before announcing the 5th batch hopefully i also made it to the cut-off. did you receive any reply or receipt from them aside from paypal? cause i didnt get anything dont know if they were too busy or what but they should confirm it as usual.

Sep 25, 2013 at 3:02 AM Post #2,634 of 18,652

It's a tradeoff for the crazy low (> 0.1 ohm) output impedance: No caps in the final output stage means a cleaner sound, lower output impedance, zero headphone protection. It's not like you'll see drivers flying out of your iems, but you will hear it, that's for sure.

Sep 25, 2013 at 3:09 AM Post #2,636 of 18,652
  Couldn't agree more. I have the DX100 and the DX50 with me and I find myself reaching for the DX50 most of the time. Yes, the DX100 has better imaging making it slightly more natural sounding, but I'd say that the DX50 is overall the better DAP, regardless of price. There, I said it. Bring on the flames.

I don't think anyone would want to flame you for being honest to speak from heart.
wink_face.gif

Do you hear any scratching noise when you adjust the volume?

Sep 25, 2013 at 3:32 AM Post #2,639 of 18,652

I don't think anyone would want to flame you for being honest to speak from heart.
wink_face.gif

This is Head-Fi and I just stated that a $239 DAP is an overall better product than a $830 DAP. I'm pretty sure someone will come along to tell me that I have tin ears, the wrong source files, bad cables, poor synergy and that I should have been using WAV vinyl rips, not FLAC files.

Sep 25, 2013 at 3:34 AM Post #2,640 of 18,652
  This is Head-Fi and I just stated that a $239 DAP is an overall better product than a $830 DAP. I'm pretty sure someone will come along to tell me that I have tin ears, the wrong source files, bad cables, poor synergy and that I should have been using WAV vinyl rips, not FLAC files.

You have tin ears, the wrong source files, bad cables, poor synergy and you should have been using WAV vinyl rips, not FLAC files.
wink_face.gif

Seriously though, I agree with you. Overall, the DX50 is a much more useable player. I wished that iBasso would have the DX100 sound in a DX50 package. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back