The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Sep 17, 2013 at 11:20 AM Post #1,771 of 18,652

You can get the UERM personalized, I think you just need to talk with a UE rep to get that done.

Not really related, but do you have the DX50 yet? If so, I'd love to see how it lines up with the Headstage amp...

Sep 17, 2013 at 11:27 AM Post #1,772 of 18,652

Not really related, but do you have the DX50 yet? If so, I'd love to see how it lines up with the Headstage amp...

Yep, that was in the original picture with the pelican 1010. Unfortunately I just sent off my headstage arrow 4g to another user, so I can't comment on how it goes with the arrow :frowning2:

Sep 17, 2013 at 11:28 AM Post #1,773 of 18,652
What do you think of pairing the iBasso DX50 with an amp like the FiiO E12 or the iBasso D-Zero?

Sep 17, 2013 at 11:58 AM Post #1,775 of 18,652

Didn't see any benefits with the iBasso D-Zero, just my 2 cents.

I know you definitely need one if I wanted to use say a pair of Sennheiser HD 600s but I was wondering whether I needed an amp at all to power my HD 25s. I personally don't think so but I need to confirm it haha

Sep 17, 2013 at 12:05 PM Post #1,776 of 18,652

As soon as I get my DX50 I will post a pic of it with the Headstage. I have been wondering about the fitment and synergy of this combo as well.

Sep 17, 2013 at 12:18 PM Post #1,778 of 18,652

As soon as I get my DX50 I will post a pic of it with the Headstage. I have been wondering about the fitment and synergy of this combo as well.

Honestly, I didn't find that the uha-6s mk ii being much of an improvement over the internal amp, when using the UERMs. It did help a lot for the hd600s though. The arrow is inferior to the uha-6s imo, so I didn't really bother trying it. The arrow lines up perfectly, width and length wise with the dx50 though, which would allow you to Velcro or stack it very well together.

Sep 17, 2013 at 1:30 PM Post #1,779 of 18,652

biggrin.gif

Spot on! DX50 is already doing better than the DX100 did with early firmwares. If they improve the DX50 as much as they improved the DX100, we'll have one hell of a device on our hands!

I'm glad you finally got your hands on it, I saw it comin' a mile away hah, congrats.  Let me know when you root this and get launchers running. 
wink.gif
  Totally agreed about the firmware....I see a lot of complaints etc but I am having very little problems in general.  I don't have any freezes ever since the initial 2 on 1.00 and have never had an issue on 1.50.  I don't know specifically what/how they fixed some tags but all my Japanese albums I've thrown on now works where as before it wouldn't play via file browser or scan properly.  Fast fluid UI, simple/intuitive, gets the job done.....iBasso got it done IMO in most ways.....and the SQ is just icing on the cake, it's plenty capable for this price point especially when you consider you have a very close performer to the DX100 when amped properly.  Only thing I'm missing here is Korean tags and maybe some additional sorting options but otherwise I am in love with this as my to go DAP for now.

Sep 17, 2013 at 3:02 PM Post #1,780 of 18,652

Thanks. I have ordered PP and hope to get it soonest. As I haven't tried PP (even DX50) before I placed my order, I really hope both of them can match together and provide a better SQ.

Just so you know, if Justin doesn't have any more Pico Power's in-stock, than you will be waiting sometime (months) before you actually receive your unit. He runs a small operation, and thus produces in small scale. If you aren't a patient person and can't wait that long, I suggest you look for one on the used market. I've seen a few up for sale in the FS section. 

Sep 17, 2013 at 3:07 PM Post #1,781 of 18,652
So I bought a DX50 off another member here and loaded up my microsdxc card and put it in the DX50. I selected it to scan the files when I turned it off and it seems to be stuck on the media scanning screen.

Does the firmware fix this?

Sep 17, 2013 at 3:09 PM Post #1,782 of 18,652
Maybe you just have to give more time to load, it takes a good while to scan if the card is full.
Quote:
  So I bought a DX50 off another member here and loaded up my microsdxc card and put it in the DX50. I selected it to scan the files when I turned it off and it seems to be stuck on the media scanning screen.

Does the firmware fix this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back