- suitable for someone who does not like the original rockbox sound signature
- based on the original 1.6.0
- includes ArgelErx's cleanup ps4 + Cholero modern_ui rockbox build
- arc-en-ciel Theme installed by default
- no more problems with an uninstall process

Install:

Suppose you have some stock version(without CWM):
- unpack su_rockbox_1.0.0.7z to the root of the internal drive of your DX50
- do update (Settings -> Advanced -> System Update)

Suppose you have RSU beta:
- copy update.img from  su_rockbox_1.0.0.7z to the root of the SD card of your DX50 
- use recovery for update

Uninstall :
- use recovery

Thank you very much!

Anyway Now Playing screen doesn't show Japanese font. What should I do? (I'm new Rockbox user XD)

Jan 16, 2015 at 4:44 AM Post #16,097 of 18,652
  Why don't you use ultra low esr tantalum capacitors ?
They are much better than electrolytic.

I don`t agree, It`s not only about specs... it`s about sound signature and how they sound coupled with everything else (DAC chip, differential amp, cans, personal hearing, taste etc.).
For example, ELNA SilmicII are very well know for its great sound but do they have best specs, no.

Jan 16, 2015 at 5:34 AM Post #16,099 of 18,652
Me also thinking about dual boot with SU 1.3.3 + RSU 1.0.0 ...haven`t tried dual-boot though, is it possible with those two FW`s?

Jan 16, 2015 at 5:48 AM Post #16,100 of 18,652
  Me also thinking about dual boot with SU 1.3.3 + RSU 1.0.0 ...haven`t tried dual-boot though, is it possible with those two FW`s?

I know nothing about programming and tweaking FWs, but the dual boot uses the hold switch to change between the OSs, and the SU uses the hold switch for the extra menu, that may cause a problem. Other than that, it should be possible, like for any other dual boot FW.

Jan 16, 2015 at 5:48 AM Post #16,101 of 18,652

I don`t agree, It`s not only about specs... it`s about sound signature and how they sound coupled with everything else (DAC chip, differential amp, cans, personal hearing, taste etc.).
For example, ELNA SilmicII are very well know for its great sound but do they have best specs, no.

http://www.avx.com/docs/techinfo/tantbench.pdf

Jan 16, 2015 at 7:21 AM Post #16,102 of 18,652
So? All those background noise and distortion measurements/graphs don`t matter if end result what reaches in persons ear doesn`t sound so good as with other type capacitors. Test measurements don`t show things like imaging/soundstage differences and aluminium electrolytic capacitors showed very good results in that test for what it counts.
This all is subjective and I prefer to use my ears over specs and tests on paper. If You wish to prove or argue about this with somebody, then please don`t bother with me and keeping this thread clear from offtopic would be also nice
wink.gif

Jan 16, 2015 at 11:28 AM Post #16,103 of 18,652

That's interesting. You didn't feel the need to upgrade from DX50 to DX90 because you did prefer how the X5 sounded or.. there is another reason?

Hi!

Yes, sounds weird. Here are the reasons I bought the X5:

- great offer used from a friend
- curiosity
- gadgetritis and upgraditis since I sold my X3

The X5 is currently serving duty with a Cayin C5 and the result is stellar. The AK100 MQS has a backpack with the Gloveaudio A1 and is an amazing combo too. The DX50 is burning in some headphones (not really a believer in the burn in thing but never-mind) so in use as well.

The DX90 is better but when I listened to them both, I found the difference not large enough. And I also bought the DX50 for a great price used. No question the DX90 sounds better and if I would buy a player new, I rather would spend a bit more and get the DX90. But if you have the DX50 it's not a huge upgrade (at least that's what I remember from back then). Things change and I am hearing more details now, since I also have better headphones then 2 years back, so my perspective might change if I would hear a DX90 vs DX50 comparison today...

Cheers,
K

Jan 16, 2015 at 11:41 AM Post #16,104 of 18,652
Ok guys so I tried the RB 1.0.0 from stock FW. When I try to revert back, I went to the stock recovery (the blue one <3e> with 3 option).. I choose wipe data/factory reset and now it stuck at the ibasso logo at the boot up (I know I was stupid :frowning2: ). So how do I get back to stock 1.6? They say apply update from sd card and I tried to put everything to the sd card from the zip stock 1.6 to the update.img of it but nothing works. It just showed up with  lost+found and recovery? Do I have to format the SD card and copy everything again? I can copy things to sd card by using my phone as a sd card reader but the internal storage of the DX50 can't be accessed now. 

Jan 16, 2015 at 12:31 PM Post #16,105 of 18,652
  Ok guys so I tried the RB 1.0.0 from stock FW. When I try to revert back, I went to the stock recovery (the blue one <3e> with 3 option).. I choose wipe data/factory reset and now it stuck at the ibasso logo at the boot up (I know I was stupid
frown.gif
). So how do I get back to stock 1.6? They say apply update from sd card and I tried to put everything to the sd card from the zip stock 1.6 to the update.img of it but nothing works. It just showed up with  lost+found and recovery? Do I have to format the SD card and copy everything again? I can copy things to sd card by using my phone as a sd card reader but the internal storage of the DX50 can't be accessed now. 

- you should put any update.img(original 1.6.0 for example) to the root of your SD card
- go to recovery (turn off DX50, hold VOL UP, turn on the player)
- "apply update from SD card"

Jan 16, 2015 at 12:41 PM Post #16,106 of 18,652
  - you should put any update.img(original 1.6.0 for example) to the root of your SD card
- go to recovery (turn off DX50, hold VOL UP, turn on the player)
- "apply update from SD card"

There are yellow word under the blue one: Can not found firmware image or invalid image. Installation aborted.
The blue word are
Choose a package to install:
/cache
../
lost+found/
recovery/

When I press both of them nothing appeared. I have the update.img of the stock in the root of the SD card. Do I havee to format the SD card? I still have 40GB of music inside of it

Jan 16, 2015 at 2:23 PM Post #16,107 of 18,652
   Do I havee to format the SD card? I still have 40GB of music inside of it

Nope. You shouldn't format SD card. Are you sure that you put original update.img to the root of your SD card? (btw, is the card formatted to FAT32 or exFat?)

I tried to repeat your issue:
- put update.img to my SD card
- do wipe/data from the recovery menu, reboot
- see iBasso logo as expected(that's all, rockbox was deleted), reboot again to recovery
- apply update from SD card
- have the original FW on my device

Jan 16, 2015 at 2:37 PM Post #16,108 of 18,652
  Nope. You shouldn't format SD card. Are you sure that you put original update.img to the root of your SD card? (btw, is the card formatted to FAT32 or exFat?)

I tried to repeat your issue:
- put update.img to my SD card
- do wipe/data from the recovery menu, reboot
- see iBasso logo as expected(that's all, rockbox was deleted), reboot again to recovery
- apply update from SD card
- have the original FW on my device

I think the problem was my card. It is exFAT I believe. But anyway I managed (somehow) to restore using RKBatchtool. Thank you for your help anw :) At least now I know better to not touch rockbox without reading the instruction ever again (I can't find the option to find music by folder, and while the EQ is nice, I prefer the simplicity of mango)

Jan 16, 2015 at 3:18 PM Post #16,109 of 18,652
  Rockbox Sound Unlocked 1.0.0

- suitable for someone who does not like the original rockbox sound signature
- based on the original 1.6.0
- includes ArgelErx's cleanup ps4 + Cholero modern_ui rockbox build
- arc-en-ciel Theme installed by default
- no more problems with an uninstall process

Install:

Suppose you have some stock version(without CWM):
- unpack su_rockbox_1.0.0.7z to the root of the internal drive of your DX50
- do update (Settings -> Advanced -> System Update)

Suppose you have RSU beta:
- copy update.img from  su_rockbox_1.0.0.7z to the root of the SD card of your DX50 
- use recovery for update

Uninstall :
- use recovery

Thank you so much! Which SU version does it sound like?

Jan 16, 2015 at 4:09 PM Post #16,110 of 18,652
probably similar to SU 1.4 since it is based on 1.6.0 but let`s see what Dmitry has to say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back