Rockbox for DX50 with cwm recovery
Thanks to xzcc for porting Rockbox to DX50
Latest build and install steps from Cholero
Installation instruction for the 1.6.0 FW and the rockbox test build
prerequisites: any stock firmware or 1.5.0/1.2.8 with CWM (by DOC2008). If you have stock Firmware, there is NO need to do the green steps
- Download the files:
a) Firmware 1.6.0+cwm+rbdual
b) the stock recovery (get it from here)
c) rockbox-build-zip either
i) ArgelErx's cleanup ps4 or
ii) ArgelErx's cleanup ps4 + modern_ui (sorry, this is my mod and I made you all addicted to it ;-). I used to call it "smartphone UI"
- connect your player to the computer to have access to the internal storage
- copy the stock recovery (stock_recovery.zip) to the root of the internal drive of your DX50 (or where you usually put cwm-zips)
- copy the update.img (from the dx50_1.6.0_cwm_rb.zip) to the root of your uSD card
- backup your rockbox settings: make a copy of the folder "rockbox" on your DX50 drive and rename it to "rockbox_backup" (or whatever name you like)
- rename the folder "rockbox" to ".rockbox" (I don't know if this works well on all Operation Systems. If it does not work on your, try next step first (step 7), then copy the content of the "rockbox" folder to the ".rockbox" folder and delete "rockbox" afterwards. You may also need to enable "show hidden files" on your file browser because a folder beginning with a dot is regarded as hidden folder on may Operating Systems)
extract the content of the rockbox-build-zip (rockbox_2014-11-22_DX50_g1043-4.zip) to the internal drive of your DX50 (it contains a single folder ".rockbox"). If the file browser asks questions about merging and overwriting confirm them with "yes", "overwrite" or "merge"
- Reboot to cwm: Power off, then power on with holding vol+
- Flash stock recovery in cwm:
install zip from sdcard / choose zip from sdcard
- reboot to recovery, now you should have "system recovery"
- select "apply update from SDcard" -> The Firmware 1.6.0 containing cwm and rockbox dualboot app will be flashed (update.img)
- reboot and enjoy
-> to select if you want start Mango or rockbox, you have to set the "lock" switch to "locked" position until the boot selector appears.
source code: rockbox git, patches: Major code cleanup and reorganization for iBasso DX50/DX90., "Modern User Interface"
Theme Installation How-To (Courtesy of Cholero)
1. Download any Theme you like from the official Rockbox page as a packed zip:
2. Connect your player to the computer and open the internal memory (usual name: DX50). There should be a folder "rockbox", open it
3. Open the downloaded theme zip file. In the zip file there is a folder named ".rockbox" (yes, with a dot)
4. Open the ".rockbox" folder in your theme-zip and extract all the content to your "rockbox" folder on your player
you're done, now you can select your new theme in Settings -> Theme Settings -> Browse Theme Files
Discussions started from the main thread
Edited by headwhacker - 1/5/15 at 12:10am