THE HYPE.............................. Appreciation Thread.
Dec 5, 2013 at 2:02 AM Post #991 of 2,209
WAIT WAIT WAIT A MIN HERE!!! WHAT IS THIS "WETNESS" THEY BE SPEAKING OF???!!!
eek.gif

Quote: http://www.head-fi.org/t/685162/new-vali-schiit-amp/1620#post_10034832

1. [img]http://cdn.head-fi.org/1/1f/100x100px-LS-1f685d98_900x900px-LL-ce900e56_FMAmustang.jpeg[/img]
  1. purrin
  2. badge_headphoneusSupremus.v2411770217.png
  4. online
  1. 4,224 Posts. Joined 8/2008
  2. Location: Orange County, CA

I still think the Vali is extremely good for the Q701, but doesn't add warmth to it. Don't ask me why.  Sounds EXACTLY how it always sounds, which is good to me. Perhaps with the modded Q701 it's slightly better than even the O2. I would not suggest it as a purchase because it's not a good all-rounder. Maybe if you only planned on using it for very specific headphones.

The Vali doesn't really add any warmth. I don't consider the Vali a particularly warm sounding amp (the Lyr is warm sounding tho.) Well maybe the Vali is a teeny teeny bit warm. But only after the filaments are white hot and electrons are melting off of it. What the Vali does add is "wetness". That is one major essence of toobs. That is what tooby is. This is what you are experiencing for the first time. Hearing wetness. Something that is warm, yet is not warm, but is actually wet. Tooby does not necessarily mean slow or syrupy or lush or bloomy. Although too much wetness coincides or results with these characteristics.

You are making great progress, but you have much to learn and experience padawan.

^ Man this is the 1st tyme i have seen the term "wet" used to describe audio qualities. LoL

Hope it's not wet like heart break.....

But like this........
... splashy splashy!!!

Oh and why of course......

Dec 5, 2013 at 2:26 AM Post #992 of 2,209
  WAIT WAIT WAIT A MIN HERE!!! WHAT IS THIS "WETNESS" THEY BE SPEAKING OF???!!!
eek.gif

^ Man this is the 1st tyme i have seen the term "wet" used to describe audio qualities. LoL

Hope it's not wet like heart break.....

But like this........
... splashy splashy!!!

Oh and why of course......

Sounds more like peeing yourself in a dark suit. Nobody notices but it gives you a warm feeling of relief.

Someday we will actually get a reviewer who can write and has technical intellect and a decent background in music.

Untill then. IF YOU ARE ACTUALLY LISTENING TO THE EQUIPMENT RATHER THAN THE MUSIC........

YOUR ARE DOING IT WRONG

and kindly leave your bladder out of the review

Just auditioned the Vali and was left breathless.

Dec 5, 2013 at 2:49 AM Post #993 of 2,209

Sounds more like peeing yourself in a dark suit. Nobody notices but it gives you a warm feeling of relief.

Someday we will actually get a reviewer who can write and has technical intellect and a decent background in music.

Untill then. IF YOU ARE ACTUALLY LISTENING TO THE EQUIPMENT RATHER THAN THE MUSIC........

YOUR ARE DOING IT WRONG

and kindly leave your bladder out of the review

Just auditioned the Vali and was left breathless.

^ LMAO!!! FINALLY UPPING YOUR GAME BOI!!!
.... spider mustache begone!!! : P

AND WITH THAT EPIC POST I CROWN YOU AS NICK_NUTS MC_KNIGHT!!!
... the honor is all yours meng.
tongue_smile.gif

... keep up the good troll.
cool.gif
Mr. Phat says great work!!!

Dec 5, 2013 at 1:35 PM Post #994 of 2,209
Fully agree sfwalcer, Dad used to import Sony stuff all the time and it was a case of Neighbours envy, owners pride. Sony was the King of the 80s and the 90s. Even our alarm clock was Sony!

I remember that too... I owned a lot of Sony Headphones back in the 90's my self as well. Actually, I take that back. I owned a lot of Koss headphones and I REALLY wanted some Sony's! 

Dec 6, 2013 at 1:48 AM Post #995 of 2,209
  I remember that too... I owned a lot of Sony Headphones back in the 90's my self as well. Actually, I take that back. I owned a lot of Koss headphones and I REALLY wanted some Sony's! 

^ Like i said........................."Peons gonna be peons."
tongue.gif

Anywho guess it's tyme to put this hype in CHECK boi!!!

DAT ANTI - AKG K812s HYPE.

Quote: Oh Tyll why are you so wise!!!  http://www.head-fi.org/t/685339/new-akg-flagship-k812-first-impression/180#post_10038648

1. [img]http://cdn.head-fi.org/b/b9/100x100px-LS-b9b9694c_100x100px-LS-8dfbe950_922624a4_tyll_confusion_ii.png[/img]
  1. Tyll Hertsens
  2. Garmentus Vulgaris & Headphoneus Supremus
    Member of the Trade: Innerfidelity
  3. badge_contributor.v3479891814.png

It seems I'm far more impressed by the AKG K812 so far than Tyll is.

I haven't heard the "tizzy" sound Tyll mentioned. That said, the K812 is not a forgiving headphone. I won't comment about how resolving I feel it is vis-à-vis the HD 800, as I don't have that with me now (but will soon). That said, the K812 is, to my ears, capable of very high resolution.

Hi Jude. Just to clarify: I find them a "bit" tizzy. Sounds to me something like there's always a triangle (the instrument) in the treble. I find it modestly fatiguing. I will also say though the I find the overall balance of the K812 better than the HD800, which to me lacks a little warmth in the bass. 

The three-pin cable connector indicates to me that AKG doesn't get, or isn't trying to impress this market yet. 

I still think it's a good effort on their part, lots of things like the aluminum build and novel earpads to admire, and I think these are markedly better sounding than the T1. But I think in the rush to the top (read: building $1000+ headphones) sonic performance in the market is not yet on par with the build quality these companies are putting into the product. I'd lump the HD800 into that category as well; seems like everyone agrees that they're a problematic headphone. Seems to me that the Audeze LCD-X is probably the closest to delivering a high price/performance ratio, but even there I feel we're well onto the steep diminishing returns curve.

In my estimation we're still in the infancy of ultra-high-end ($1000+) headphones, and it will be another 5 years before we really start seeing the performance of these cans strongly better than sub-$1000 headphones. 

In other words: Price still doesn't reflect acoustic performance on the whole, and the K812, T1, HD800, LCD-X, and others have plenty of room for improvement.

^ Da Troof is soooooo sexy!!! Just like......

HYPE N' CHECKED!!!

Dec 6, 2013 at 10:09 PM Post #998 of 2,209
Dec 7, 2013 at 1:32 AM Post #999 of 2,209
  *** Cheech Marin ( Cheech and Chong ) voice flooring the Impala ***

1st gear....bwaaaahhhhhhh * shifts * 2nd gear  BWAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH 

here it goes.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/685704/oppo-pm-1-a-new-planar-magnetic-headphone/840#post_10041685

the hype is already massive, it will be worse soon

^ WOW that sounds sweet indeed. Make them $300 i am am SOLD!!! BUT i have a feeling it is $1K and up. :  (

Who needs that overpriced thang when we got a people's master modder right here.
wink.gif

Cheech and Chong would be ashamed of that pricey Chinaman.

Make it cheap and sweet then we gud!!!

Dec 7, 2013 at 1:36 AM Post #1,000 of 2,209
one day in the very near future we will see that again.

Dec 7, 2013 at 6:53 AM Post #1,002 of 2,209
Dec 7, 2013 at 12:45 PM Post #1,003 of 2,209
only if that's the sound of wailing with plenty of tears at the cost

Dec 8, 2013 at 9:46 AM Post #1,005 of 2,209

Yes but what a splendid unboxing video it will make with that Rosewood container
rolleyes.gif

True,

I also posted a HYPE TRAIN CHUGA CHUGA WOOT WOOT, Vali post on the DT 880 thread <3 if the Vali sounds BAD... I'm going to anti-Hype that crap to death!

But if it sounds good... me gusta 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back