THE HYPE.............................. Appreciation Thread.
Dec 1, 2013 at 11:34 PM Post #931 of 2,209
you have not seen the insides....

Dec 1, 2013 at 11:49 PM Post #932 of 2,209
  ^ FTFY!!!
deadhorse.gif

Have you been reading the discovery thread fool???
http://www.head-fi.org/t/586909/the-discovery-thread-yamaha-hph-200-pg-1110-kef-m200-pg835-philips-fidelio-s2-pg-724/17160#post_10026958

Dec 2, 2013 at 12:00 AM Post #933 of 2,209
Oh man I better burn my lyr and get the new schiit

Dood burn it my way if you are getting that new schiit.
wink.gif

Lyr?!

Must admit, they look impressive.

But wait.. That means.. Oh no.

DAT HOLY SCHIIT IS INDEED IMPRESSIVE!!! HAVE YOU SEEN THE CESSPOOL IN THERE??? LMAO

LURKER TO MEMBER RATIO!!!
triportsad.gif

you have not seen the insides....

Nope too afraid to look inside dat schiit tbh.
ph34r.gif

^ Don't lie you know you be lurking and looking with that stealth mode of yours, pissssssssssssssssssh.

... courtesy of ninja nick once again.
ksc75smile.gif

LIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dec 2, 2013 at 12:12 AM Post #934 of 2,209
I meant seen inside the mh1c

Dec 2, 2013 at 12:34 AM Post #936 of 2,209
The MH1s are the real deal mcsteal yo. It has gone thru my SEELE panel of Eke, VWinter, GnarlSagan, ShotgunShane, Soundfreaq and Muzak4321. Still waitin to hear back from Muzak, but everyone else is in agreement that it kicks the llama's ass. You can take that and print it

I think a lot of people must've wound up with janky ass MH1Cs as some batches were susceptible to as much as a 20 db boost in the low end (as was the case with one of SGS and Rin's pairs). From what I understand, the MH1 has better QC or something. I let Cn11 listen to my pair about a week ago, straight thru my iPhone with nothing but parabolic EQ at a single frequency. He had been burned in the past on a ****tacular pair of MH1C and the new pair floored him. He estimated that they doled out about 67% of the K3K's raw performance. (I let him go back and forth between both on my Sony F886). If the MH1 is a bad product, then ****, I don't know what the hell I'm doin here if not wasting my time and money on overpriced ********. Hell, SGS tells me he listens to his pair more than his JH13 FP lol

I believe some of Sony's recent efforts are genuinely good phones that've been hamstrung by severely boosting the low end to cater to the bass lovin demographic. That was again the case with the H3 which James444 notes as being quite refined and highly capable when modded/EQed

Dec 2, 2013 at 12:52 AM Post #937 of 2,209
The MH1s are the real deal mcsteal yo. It has gone thru my SEELE panel of Eke, VWinter, GnarlSagan, ShotgunShane, Soundfreaq and Muzak4321. Still waitin to hear back from Muzak, but everyone else is in agreement that it kicks the llama's ass. You can take that and print it

I think a lot of people must've wound up with janky ass MH1Cs as some batches were susceptible to as much as a 20 db boost in the low end (as was the case with one of SGS and Rin's pairs). From what I understand, the MH1 has better QC or something. I let Cn11 listen to my pair about a week ago, straight thru my iPhone with nothing but parabolic EQ at a single frequency. He had been burned in the past on a ****tacular pair of MH1C and the new pair floored him. He estimated that they doled out about 67% of the K3K's raw performance. (I let him go back and forth between both on my Sony F886). If the MH1 is a bad product, then ****, I don't know what the hell I'm doin here if not wasting my time and money on overpriced ********. Hell, SGS tells me he listens to his pair more than his JH13 FP lol

I believe some of Sony's recent efforts are genuinely good phones that've been hamstrung by severely boosting the low end to cater to the bass lovin demographic. That was again the case with the H3 which James444 notes as being quite refined and highly capable when modded/EQed

^ EXACTLY TELL HIM WANNABE BIRDIE!!! This nut_nicks thinks he is too uppity for these MH1Cs cuz of his one bad experience while the majority that has heard them has been really positive, ie: those elitist amongst your inner bird circle.
wink.gif

Ahhh, i see it now nut_nicks is just butt hurt cuz he feels left out. hoho C'mon Birdie flow this fool a set so he can experience them in their full/ proper glory. But he does reside in Canned Land though so shipping ain't gonna be cheap. : P

Dec 2, 2013 at 12:57 AM Post #938 of 2,209

^ EXACTLY TELL HIM WANNABE BIRDIE!!! This nut_nicks thinks he is too uppity for these MH1Cs cuz of his one bad experience while the majority that has heard them has been really positive, ie: those elitist amongst your inner bird circle.
wink.gif

Ahhh, i see it now nut_nicks is just butt hurt cuz he feels left out. hoho C'mon Birdie flow this fool a set so he can experience them in their full/ proper glory. But he does reside in Canned Land though so shipping ain't gonna be cheap. : P

Eat me, I'm a hamburger. Read on back through the thread and make note of all the issues encountered. I stand by my word. There are far better phones to put your money into that do not suffer the shortcomings of the MH1.
Hype train derailed

Dec 2, 2013 at 1:17 AM Post #939 of 2,209

Eat me, I'm a hamburger. Read on back through the thread and make note of all the issues encountered. I stand by my word. There are far better phones to put your money into that do not suffer the shortcomings of the MH1.
Hype train derailed

^

Nah i don't eat meat with STDs.
tongue_smile.gif
Welp to put it into proper perspective these MH1Cs don't even best the VSonic VSD1s for me BUT like wannabe birdie said they do sound crazy refined, not just simply cuz of their low price and they take simple EQs/ mods like a CHAMP!!!

I get your stance and for me the cable ruins their overall experience as well, but these are sonic diamonds in the rough that's fo' sho.

Hey it's YOUR loss at the end of the day so.....
tongue.gif

Dec 2, 2013 at 3:18 AM Post #940 of 2,209

^

Nah i don't eat meat with STDs.
tongue_smile.gif
Welp to put it into proper perspective these MH1Cs don't even best the VSonic VSD1s for me BUT like wannabe birdie said they do sound crazy refined, not just simply cuz of their low price and they take simple EQs/ mods like a CHAMP!!!

I get your stance and for me the cable ruins their overall experience as well, but these are sonic diamonds in the rough that's fo' sho.

Hey it's YOUR loss at the end of the day so.....
tongue.gif

No loss at all. I have enough IEM's to outfit a sptetzatz unit so these won't be missed in the least.Diamond in the rough is dammned right, you ever see how hard it is to mine out a diamond? As for responding to eq , give me a break. Twinkq's cat wil respond to eq that is absolutely NO recommendation for a phone.

Dec 2, 2013 at 9:30 PM Post #941 of 2,209
There's a woeful lack of exposure on most things below the $50 poverty line when it comes to the "portable-gear in-crowd" people so whenever they get souped up on something I see it as an exercise in how chance works rather than it being an actual discovery of anything. It's easy to sit in an ivory tower, put on the monocle and marvel at "how far these peons have come".

But the fact of the matter is that there was never such a paradigm in the first place, at least from how they saw it. There have always been "good-sounding" things regardless of price but people will always have to bring it back to the price tag.

When I see people comment on the "state of the budget market" and "giant-beaters" and other instances of "quality must be a function of some other property entrophic situations should not exist" breeded from god-knows-where I help them wipe their rose-tinted glasses and tell to that I'll see the next year in Jerusalem.

And really it's not as hard to bring any random piece of gear into the spotlight as people would think. Primarily a game of chance - you just have to get the right people together at the right time in order to get the hype train going and that says a lot for this thread as well. Rinse-repeat-rinse-repeat.

Buy what you want, as long as it's within your means, that's the last I'll say on the matter.

Dec 3, 2013 at 12:28 AM Post #942 of 2,209
  There's a woeful lack of exposure on most things below the $50 poverty line when it comes to the "portable-gear in-crowd" people so whenever they get souped up on something I see it as an exercise in how chance works rather than it being an actual discovery of anything. It's easy to sit in an ivory tower, put on the monocle and marvel at "how far these peons have come".

But the fact of the matter is that there was never such a paradigm in the first place, at least from how they saw it. There have always been "good-sounding" things regardless of price but people will always have to bring it back to the price tag.

When I see people comment on the "state of the budget market" and "giant-beaters" and other instances of "quality must be a function of some other property entrophic situations should not exist" breeded from god-knows-where I help them wipe their rose-tinted glasses and tell to that I'll see the next year in Jerusalem.

And really it's not as hard to bring any random piece of gear into the spotlight as people would think. Primarily a game of chance - you just have to get the right people together at the right time in order to get the hype train going and that says a lot for this thread as well. Rinse-repeat-rinse-repeat.

Buy what you want, as long as it's within your means, that's the last I'll say on the matter.

^

Obviously someone has been drinking a bit much.
rolleyes.gif
Twi-Hard much???

Like i told you in our PMs when it cease to be fun it ends. Simple as that. When this thread is no longer fun for me, i will just abandon it with ZERO remorse cuz i don't feel obligated to any of it, nor should anyone here that frequents it. Which relays/ piggybacks to your point of buying what you want just as long as it's within your means, cuz this is a HOBBY after all and i am here to chew bubble gum and kick @ss, so just have fun with it and burn some schiit up while you're at it meng.
evil_smiley.gif

I think A LOT of people get soooo deep/ serious into all this madness regardless of the price they are willing to pay for their gears that it stops being fun. A great example is those graph Nazis that loves to over-analyze every single bit their holy scrolls and would go into death posting matches just cuz someone else hears/ measures/ interprets the said gear slightly differently. It's good to know/ understand the technical mumble jumble aspect of it as well as trusting your own ears/ other peoples impressions so for me it's really a balanced between the two. What was my point again??? 
blink.gif
Oh right having fun. On that note was that a low-key shot @ this thread/ my repetitive troll efforts??? Cuz this troll-go-around never ends meng just like these......   

.... FOREVER CIRCLE JERKING SPINNING JUST LIKE THOSE HYPE/ APPRECIATION THREADS. hoho
devil_face.gif

THE FUN NEVER STOPS BOI!!!
very_evil_smiley.gif

ph34r.gif
ed nicked. : P

Dec 3, 2013 at 1:45 AM Post #943 of 2,209

Quote:

Something about this monologue reminds me of this scene:

Dec 3, 2013 at 3:15 AM Post #945 of 2,209
Some mo' food for thought.
ksc75smile.gif

Are you into audiophilia since every aspect of your life seems to be involved with music. If so what type of audio gears do you own or would recommend??? :)  
I'm not an audiophile, I think audiophilia is a bit of a wank really. When mixing a piece of music audiophilia is actually your enemy, because most people who listen to the music won't have good audio reproduction systems, so you need to mix whatever you're doing so it sounds good on a piece of ****, as well as on the good toys. Since the good toys, are.... we... GOOD, mixing a song to sound kick-ass on them isn't much of a challenge as your song will sound great anyway on big ass $5000 system. Most listeners however don't have that kind of system, instead they are listening to your song on their phones, or on their car stereo which has one broken speaker, or on some $50 computer speakers with a crappy subwoofer, so your pop hit, if it's going to be a pop hit, has to sound equally good on THAT.

^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back