The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Apr 5, 2014 at 8:10 PM Post #2,581 of 6,700
I have a Q for 335 owners: when you received your custom, did you find it warmer or there to be more bass emphasis than the demo unit?

Thanks, guys!

I found mine to be warmer, but in my case I prefer that so it was far better than the demo unit because of the fact that I know for a fact I did not get the same seal as the demo unit.
I also think that over time your ears adjust to the sounds and you are less hypersensitive.

Apr 5, 2014 at 8:32 PM Post #2,582 of 6,700
Thanks, guys! Good to know. I'm just trying to reconcile my various sessions with the demo units and the views of 335 owners. I thought that the 335 was quite different from the usual Fitear custom in that the bass sounded a bit loose. I'll give it a few more demos. 
tongue_smile.gif

Apr 5, 2014 at 11:53 PM Post #2,583 of 6,700
Wish to seek some advices...
I am wondering if 335DW is as receptive as C435 in terms of cable tweaks...
Like if i put on DHC for 435, i'd get better bass and a warmer sig that is more ideal for bop and post bop...whereas if i use silver cable, i get the airy sound that is more ethereal for violin concerto n heavenly voice type music...
I was also advised by Gavin that 335DW is more ideal for lesser and older jazz recordings...

Apr 6, 2014 at 4:33 AM Post #2,584 of 6,700
Oh my god, I'm itching for another poison :frowning2:

Apr 6, 2014 at 9:21 AM Post #2,585 of 6,700
Or a scratch looking for an itch. That's the way it is with Fitears.

Apr 7, 2014 at 7:40 PM Post #2,586 of 6,700
Wish to seek some advices...
I am wondering if 335DW is as receptive as C435 in terms of cable tweaks...
Like if i put on DHC for 435, i'd get better bass and a warmer sig that is more ideal for bop and post bop...whereas if i use silver cable, i get the airy sound that is more ethereal for violin concerto n heavenly voice type music...
I was also advised by Gavin that 335DW is more ideal for lesser and older jazz recordings...

CHG,

I don't own the 335 DW but have given it a listen quite extensively. What I will say is that the reason why the 435 is so receptive of cable tweaks is because it is so tranparent - so that any tweak anywhere in the chain will be revealed quite easily. On the other hand, the 335DW is much warmer and therefore while there is scope for tweaking, the impact may not be as dramatic as what you find for the 435.

Last week when I demoed the 335DW, it was paired with a Moon Audio Silver Dragon, and there was some additional clarity and more coherence in the bass.

I too spoke to Gavin on his views on the 335DW before I went down. He is correct: it gives some of these older jazz pieces much more life.

Hope I am making sense. 
atsmile.gif

Apr 7, 2014 at 7:41 PM Post #2,587 of 6,700
Apr 7, 2014 at 7:50 PM Post #2,588 of 6,700
IMHO, find out if the SR mod will come to Jaben. If it does then wait for it & give it a demo when one is available.

Apr 7, 2014 at 9:21 PM Post #2,589 of 6,700
Kiats

I agree with you about c435 i am looking for something to complement them. Thanks for your insightful review on MH334 and it seems they are not so suitable for the music I love.

AnakChan
I asked local Jaben earlier this year and they said that SR mod is for existing 335DW owners only and may not fit for all ears bcos of size requirement.

Thanks for the useful advices as always, guys.

Apr 7, 2014 at 9:54 PM Post #2,590 of 6,700
@Kiats

I agree with you about c435 i am looking for something to complement them. Thanks for your insightful review on MH334 and it seems they are not so suitable for the music I love.

@AnakChan
I asked local Jaben earlier this year and they said that SR mod is for existing 335DW owners only and may not fit for all ears bcos of size requirement.

Thanks for the useful advices as always, guys.

No worries, CHG. Ah... Actually, the best person to speak to is spkrs01 because he has most of the Fitears. And he does give considered views.

On a side note, what you hear from Jaben in HK is consistent with what I hear from Jaben in Singapore.

Good luck on your hunt! 
L3000.gif

Apr 7, 2014 at 10:59 PM Post #2,592 of 6,700
Fitear has a copy of your molds.
It is possible that they can build an SR from scratch by assessing the earmolds you have with them through previous custom orders.

Yup! Fitear has a digital copy stored. I've only had to do my mold. The only issue is whether Suyuma-san will offer this from the first instance or he will only offer it as an upgrade or mod for existing 335s. I understand the current thinking is the latter. 

Apr 7, 2014 at 11:00 PM Post #2,593 of 6,700

Yup! Fitear has a digital copy stored. I've only had to do my mold. The only issue is whether Suyuma-san will offer this from the first instance or he will only offer it as an upgrade or mod for existing 335s. I understand the current thinking is the latter. 

Oops! Missed out the word "once" above. I only had one impression done even though I have 3 pairs of Fitear customs. 
atsmile.gif

Apr 8, 2014 at 3:08 AM Post #2,594 of 6,700

Oops! Missed out the word "once" above. I only had one impression done even though I have 3 pairs of Fitear customs. 
atsmile.gif

I think it makes sense for them to offer the SR as a brand new productt (complete with demos) alongside the regular 335s sometime down the road, rather than restricting it to existing 335 owners. 
The back and forth shipping and rework would be too cumbersome in the long run (although it is being done this way now). 
Hopefully this will be only an interim arrangement.

Apr 8, 2014 at 8:34 AM Post #2,595 of 6,700

My bad! I misunderstood - apparently Fitear keeps the actual impression done, as well as a reverse impression. 
atsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back