The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Mar 27, 2014 at 1:26 PM Post #2,477 of 6,694
God... My 001 have a loose connection on the left channel again...

Mar 28, 2014 at 2:55 AM Post #2,481 of 6,694
If u look at the problems reported in other CIEM threads, you will find the build and sound quality of Fitears really worth the money you spent on it
gs1000.gif

Mar 29, 2014 at 12:34 AM Post #2,482 of 6,694
With each additional report of these various problems, I am becoming increasingly deterred from making an investment.

I'm a bit perplexed by your reference "various problems"... In any event, good luck on your search for that perfect iem. :)

Mar 29, 2014 at 1:06 AM Post #2,483 of 6,694
Like going to a Ferrari showroom and examining the inside of an exhaust.

Mar 29, 2014 at 5:14 AM Post #2,484 of 6,694
With each additional report of these various problems, I am becoming increasingly deterred from making an investment.

Dude are you high on crack?

Mar 29, 2014 at 5:44 AM Post #2,485 of 6,694
I am clean and have never smoked in my life nor binge drunk, moving on.

I am making a big leap because I do not see the point in spending on lesser quality headphones, then gradually increasing the price point. It saves a lot of money. I understand that in order to appreciate the sound of a high end headphone it is recommended to listen to mediocre ones all the way up to excellent & them go for the 'astonishing,' which is why I will try to test out others in shops before I invest.

I understand that everything can not be perfect when making hand made headphones, especially if they are custom, although it does bug me that cheaper (of course machined) headphones are immaculate in construction that cost around the sub 50 mark. I have recently learnt I have a minor case if OCD when it comes to choosing things to buy. I weigh out all the options.

Initially I found myself looking at getting a set of gaming headphones to play competitively, but me being me I researched the best sounding headphones and discovered that all of the gaming headphones I were looking at were mediocre in comparison. Then I sort of dismissed getting a gaming headphone, discovered head fi and so the quest continues.

Also does anyone know what material BA drivers are made from as no one seems to have an answer?

Mar 29, 2014 at 12:16 PM Post #2,486 of 6,694
I think if you follow this thread closely (& unfortunately this is a very big thread) & compare to some of the other makers, you may notice that FitEar is one of the few businesses that has the least issues. Very few members here had ever require refits or repairs nor have I come across many who would say they regret getting their FitEars. You're on the right track though to go out & demo as much as you can cos as you can guess there's only so much you can learn from the forums.

Mar 29, 2014 at 3:41 PM Post #2,487 of 6,694
And honestly, if you really do decide on FitEars... you're going to have a rough time trying to purchase them. I do wish you luck on your audio journey. 

Something I'd like to point out about your "search for the best." The problem is that, when it comes to earphones at the level you want them to compete at, the hierarchy doesn't scale linearly. It sort of branches out like a fan, with ever more options for a particular interest. In other words, there is no "best" earphone, although there might be a tier of highly regarded earphones. You will have to choose which one suits your tastes. In THAT bracket, there is no universal winner, only a personal winner. 

Again, you really do have to hear it for yourself. I've found reading reviews never helped me in my search for my personal headphone, but of course, YMMV. 

Mar 29, 2014 at 3:44 PM Post #2,488 of 6,694

And honestly, if you're that worried about making a wrong investment, what's wrong with snatching a used high end universal on the market or on head-fi? The only costs you'll be wasting are shipping fees and time. That way you can try different flavors. (I wish I took this route, I foolishly made an investment to Frogbeats which I dearly regret).

As blunt as I may be, I do not believe you are ready to delve into customs.

Mar 29, 2014 at 4:25 PM Post #2,489 of 6,694
And honestly, if you're that worried about making a wrong investment, what's wrong with snatching a used high end universal on the market or on head-fi? The only costs you'll be wasting are shipping fees and time. That way you can try different flavors. (I wish I took this route, I foolishly made an investment to Frogbeats which I dearly regret).

As blunt as I may be, I do not believe you are ready to delve into customs.

Thanks for your advice. Why is it you regret getting the frog beats if you don't mind me asking?

Mar 29, 2014 at 7:53 PM Post #2,490 of 6,694
Thanks for your advice. Why is it you regret getting the frog beats if you don't mind me asking?

One is the fact that the company selling them closed down.
Two is that they didn't have the sound I wanted.
Three is that apparently they were just a rebranded UK custom, so not really an original custom.
Four is that it never fit after 2 refits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back