The Fiio X5 Thread
Jan 25, 2014 at 8:01 AM Post #3,646 of 19,652
You can certainly scratch it with your finger nail if you tried, as it is just a thin layer of 'rubber' paint. Like any rubber it does ages with time so wearing off is unavoidable. I actually scratch the whole rubber surface off from my Fuze's click wheel and like it much better.

Well, people complained about the original metal finishing not being pretty enough and now the rubber coating isn't likely to last forever. Win some lose some.

we may put some paper covers in the package when it is sold in outside China. 

Well I like to gain some and loose nothing, durability is a must if you want to keep it as long as possible or at least sale it in a good condition.

Neat idea! James you can go ahead and load some paper covers in the box I don't think anybody will mind.

Jan 25, 2014 at 8:19 AM Post #3,647 of 19,652
Well I like to gain some and loose nothing, durability is a must if you want to keep it as long as possible or at least sale it in a good condition.

Neat idea! James you can go ahead and load some paper covers in the box I don't think anybody will mind.

trusted me the new wheel is the best decision so far, it is the 3rd decision and so far it is the best option. 

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 25, 2014 at 8:48 AM Post #3,648 of 19,652
Thanks for the unboxing pictures, Anakchan - what we really need now is a solid comparison of the sound quality and characteristics of the Sony ZX1 and Fiio X5 - I am on the fence regarding which one to get, hope yourself and others who have both can clarify this for us. Many thanks!

Jan 25, 2014 at 9:30 AM Post #3,650 of 19,652

What are paper covers? Replacement wheel rubber?

Something along the line of the following with a hole in the middle.
etysmile.gif

Jan 25, 2014 at 9:30 AM Post #3,651 of 19,652
@Anak chan »» Thx for your time/effort posting the pictures of X5 and its accessories. Btw I love the accessories fiio includes with their cans especially with X5 is worth mentioning it.

Jan 25, 2014 at 9:33 AM Post #3,652 of 19,652
musicheaven, AnakChan: Thank you for the responses guys.

James, it would be really great to include some cover for the wheel in the international packs then. I am planning to use it long time so something like that would be handy.

Jan 25, 2014 at 9:48 AM Post #3,653 of 19,652
@Anak chan »» Thx for your time/effort posting the pictures of X5 and its accessories. Btw I love the accessories fiio includes with their cans especially with X5 is worth mentioning it.

It's refreshing that a vendor loads their package with goodies we would have to buy anyway, help your wallet staying thick (not that it will stay that way for long).

Jan 25, 2014 at 9:57 AM Post #3,654 of 19,652
I really like the fiio card reader bcos the cheap ones I bought all died like flies...i told my friends but they told me to suck it up and just buy a new one... If this one dies i can complain to its CEO on head fi...

Jan 25, 2014 at 10:03 AM Post #3,655 of 19,652
I really like the fiio card reader bcos the cheap ones I bought all died like flies...i told my friends but they told me to suck it up and just buy a new one... If this one dies i can complain to its CEO on head fi...

LoL. James will not honor the warranty for any included accessories but main product.....:wink:

Jan 25, 2014 at 10:11 AM Post #3,656 of 19,652
It's refreshing that a vendor loads their package with goodies we would have to buy anyway, help your wallet staying thick (not that it will stay that way for long).

oh yeah! save some $$ here and there to buy some chinese iems:D And thx to you for posting close-up view of mech. Wheel.

Jan 25, 2014 at 1:04 PM Post #3,658 of 19,652
Speaking of the wheel, there is a great feature of the X5 that I stumbled upon. When the screen is unlocked, you can adjust volume without touching the volume keys at all. A long push of the centre Play/Select button brings up the volume graphic so that you can adjust with the wheel. This is especially useful in USB DAC mode when the screen is always active.

I am loving the USB DAC function of the X5. It wasn't even on the my interests list until I tried it but it is going to get a lot of use.

Jan 25, 2014 at 1:06 PM Post #3,659 of 19,652
  Speaking of the wheel, there is a great feature of the X5 that I stumbled upon. When the screen is unlocked, you can adjust volume without touching the volume keys at all. A long push of the centre Play/Select button brings up the volume graphic so that you can adjust with the wheel. This is especially useful in USB DAC mode when the screen is always active.

I am loving the USB DAC function of the X5. It wasn't even on the my interests list until I tried it but it is going to get a lot of use.

You can also press the volume button on the side of the device once and then use the scroll wheel. 

Jan 25, 2014 at 1:14 PM Post #3,660 of 19,652
To my understanding, even when the rubber parts goes away, you can just replace it right? FiiO should sent some replacements to the distributors I believe.

Also James mentioned, adding one in the international release packages. That's a good idea too.

So nothing to worry? Release it and I will throw my money (good that you have a distributor in Belgium, I can basically buy from a local shop).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back