The Fiio X5 Thread
Jan 23, 2014 at 10:55 PM Post #3,557 of 19,652
  James/Joe, if it's not too much to ask, I hope a future firmware upgrade will have an option for 'USB charging mode = On/Off' just like the ones on the E17, so if you're using it as DAC, you won't stress the battery. I know the battery is lithium and it's smart enough not to be overcharged but still for some people it is a very important feature and I believe X5 will really benefit from it in the long run. For me it was one of the greatest option provided. The user decides if the device should be charged when it is connected to a USB port. And if the power runs out, the option is automatically turned on just like the E17. Thanks! Can't wait to hear it in person!! :D

Just wanna repost this. :)

Jan 23, 2014 at 11:30 PM Post #3,559 of 19,652
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 24, 2014 at 12:33 AM Post #3,561 of 19,652
It is sunny and 15 degrees C in Shanghai! I am running around listening to music and getting things done.

The good: Going without an amp for the first time in years is a pleasure. The X5 and Heaven VI are sounding great. So this is what portable audio is about. :wink:

The not as good: Good luck reading the X5 screen in bright sunlight - it cannot be done. It's quite a contrast from my Lumia 920 which lights up like a Christmas tree in the sun. I popped into the shadows to change music. :)

Jan 24, 2014 at 1:22 AM Post #3,562 of 19,652
James, how about technical information such as output impedance and power rating? I could locate any of these data so far on X3 and X5, these are useful reference to current users when they are planning hor new IEM/cans, as well as potential buyers.

I have seen figures like these from AK, Sony and ecen the forthcoming Calyx M, the X3 and X5 has gone thus far already. i know the figure should be reputable as you did mentioned X3 is rated at 500+mw@16ohm previously.

I hope you can give this some thought when you are planning the intetnational launch.

I can answer some of this for you .....

Output impedance is under 0.26 ohm (headphone out).  Output power is 480mW into 16 ohm, 255mW into 32 ohm, 28mW into 300 ohm

Jan 24, 2014 at 2:21 AM Post #3,566 of 19,652
  ^ I would buy the orange in a heartbeat.

+1

The orange one is SEXY!!!

The good: Going without an amp for the first time in years is a pleasure. The X5 and Heaven VI are sounding great. So this is what portable audio is about. :wink:

L3000.gif

The not as good: Good luck reading the X5 screen in bright sunlight - it cannot be done. It's quite a contrast from my Lumia 920 which lights up like a Christmas tree in the sun. I popped into the shadows to change music. :)

Great feedback for Fiio!  Would putting an anti-glare (matte) screen protector help?  If so, maybe Fiio would consider including both glossy and matte screen protectors with the X5 in the future.

Keep up the commentary X5 World Tour Members!  Looking forward to the comprehensive reviews!!  Looking more forward to US release!!!

Now, must get Fiio to support browsing Category by Artist -> Album -> Track 
wink_face.gif

Nikolaus

Jan 24, 2014 at 2:28 AM Post #3,567 of 19,652
  +1

The orange one is SEXY!!!

It would look great with my orange Pico Power.  :)

Speaking of which, I have started testing the line out to the Pico Power. It definitely takes things to the next level. The X5 is a good source and the Pico Power is... the Pico Power.

For portable use I am going to stick with standalone. Good enough and also rather good indeed.

Jan 24, 2014 at 3:10 AM Post #3,570 of 19,652
initial impression after hearing X5 for like 2 hours...i am feeling i might fall in love with it :D

now....time to off loading my dx50 .....

the built is solid overall...the real product is better looking than what on the advertisement or pr picture :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back