The Fiio X5 Thread
Sep 29, 2015 at 6:03 AM Post #18,406 of 19,652
Hey folks, just wanted to let you guys know that the FiiO X7 preview world tour is now open for applications!
http://www.head-fi.org/t/782490/fiio-x7-preview-world-tour-yes-its-here-apply-now
:L3000:
Joe

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Sep 29, 2015 at 6:22 AM Post #18,407 of 19,652

You will run into a problem with the built in 27 song limit.
(Unless they are Country & Western songs then it's a 6 song limit)

Or longer Progressive Rock songs which are longer and have a limit of four. But no problem because still room for all four sides of Dark Side Of The Moon and Tubular Bells. This is brilliant, my old CD walkman only played one album :)

What is going on.?

I don't get it.

Sep 29, 2015 at 11:24 AM Post #18,408 of 19,652

What is going on.?

I don't get it.

a 200 GB card can hold more tracks than the X5 is limited to (or was, i thought they fixed it?) and Aangen was joking about that limit. Andrew then followed up on that joke.

another possibility is that he was joking about the many many counterfeit cards, that seem to hold all the files and music you have, but on playback turn out to have removed almost all the data, as the actual size of said micro SD cards is closer to 200MB than 200GB.

Sep 29, 2015 at 1:40 PM Post #18,411 of 19,652
Great, the UI looks far faster and better then astell@kern I hope it's a fair price
@bretemm
: I've only chatted with one person who's tried X7 (Lee from VE), and he and his engineer (KK) thought it was the best-sounding DAP they've tried yet - over high-end A&K DAPs. VE makes great stuff for such a new company, so I trust their ears. X7 is one to watch, for sure!

Sep 29, 2015 at 3:37 PM Post #18,413 of 19,652
Great, the UI looks far faster and better then astell@kern I hope it's a fair price

I hope you're talking about the first gen AK DAPs, otherwise you don't know what you're talking about. There's very little room for UI improvement on the AK100ii &120ii.

Sep 29, 2015 at 5:48 PM Post #18,416 of 19,652
PinkyPowers: I haven't seen the vids bretemm is referring to, but we all have different preference and taste for GUI.

And there's room for improvement...

Yes. Very, very little improvement. It's simple, direct, and as responsive as anything. The only time there's any perceived lag is when I'm playing 192Khz files. So far I don't know of any DAP that doesn't show down on those.

Sep 29, 2015 at 6:08 PM Post #18,417 of 19,652
Yes. Very, very little improvement. It's simple, direct, and as responsive as anything. The only time there's any perceived lag is when I'm playing 192Khz files. So far I don't know of any DAP that doesn't show down on those.

Bit of a Freudian slip there. It looks like a 'show down' for sure! :D

Sep 29, 2015 at 6:11 PM Post #18,418 of 19,652
I blame phone-typing. :)

Sep 29, 2015 at 7:02 PM Post #18,419 of 19,652

Well, I did get a hands-on with the AK380 recently and can see how intuitive and responsive AK's GUI is. My point was that there's always room for improvement. Even with something you think is nearly perfect, the next greatest thing around the corner can jump out and surprise you.

But, I'm happy with the X5 GUI, I was happy wth iRiver's GUI for the IHP series, and I'm happy with Shanling's GUI for the M3, so maybe I'm just exceedingly adaptable and/or easy to please 
wink_face.gif

Sep 29, 2015 at 7:21 PM Post #18,420 of 19,652
I can agree with all that.

The only reason I chirped in at all is I didn't want misinformation out there. I didn't want any readers thinking AK's DAPs were somehow awkward or slow, and the X7 somehow SO much better.

Hopefully, I'll get in on the X7 tour and see for myself. Even if I end up liking it more, the AK120ii UI will be just as brilliant as it is right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back