The Fiio X5 Thread
Jan 14, 2015 at 5:07 PM Post #15,227 of 19,652
Does the shuffle and songs played count reset if you shut off your X5?

Actually, I'm not sure. I thought that was the fix when resuming shuffle play after a shutdown. I could be wrong though as I admit I don't shuffle play. More of an album or artist or folder guy.

Jan 14, 2015 at 6:47 PM Post #15,228 of 19,652
Ok I'm not a happy x5 Owner right now.

Over the past week or so I've built up a pretty large favorites list. About 10 minutes ago my x5 froze on me and I had to reset it. I go to my favorites and it said I have to reload my Media library. I do and now my favorites list is empty.

Is there a way to export your favorites to a playlist so this doesn't happen to me again? Is there a way to recover my lost favorites list?

Jan 15, 2015 at 2:53 AM Post #15,229 of 19,652

Over the past week or so I've built up a pretty large favorites list. About 10 minutes ago my x5 froze on me and I had to reset it. I go to my favorites and it said I have to reload my Media library. I do and now my favorites list is empty.

Is there a way to export your favorites to a playlist so this doesn't happen to me again? Is there a way to recover my lost favorites list?

to recover, not. to save your favorites list, no. to make a playlist on computer that would have everything that was in that favorite, it is entirely possible. 
the space allocated to firmware could be full due to you adding favorites, so this is why it froze, and why you need to stop doing that. there are other programs that edit id3tags with which you can edit something like favorite, and so on. 

Jan 15, 2015 at 5:59 AM Post #15,230 of 19,652

I have to admit the Favorites functionality is not a safe way of keeping a list of your favorite music. It also gets reset every time you do a firmware update.

I would strongly encourage the use of the new M3U playlist functionality to create a permanent copy of your playlist on your SD card. Unfortunately, those are only editable from your computer. :xf_eek:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 15, 2015 at 6:32 AM Post #15,231 of 19,652

the answer to your questions probably no and no.

Without moving out of subject :D

you have 2 options, instead of adding to favorites, add to a playlist directly .. it will take you 7 clicks instead of 4 ( from screen off to screen off)

if it is a hassle, then add to favorites all day, then before sleeping, go through favorites a song by a song and add to a playlist.

No easy solution, favorites gets reset, and you can't turn favorites list into a playlist by one click, you have to add it song by song.

Jan 15, 2015 at 6:36 AM Post #15,232 of 19,652
just a recall for things i would like to see one day :

1- fast scrolling through big folders.
2- fast forward and rewind seeking through songs while screen off
3- better handling of big playlists (takes minutes to open each time)

I know that most people don't need this, and sorry for people who get annoyed by asking for fixes or features :D

Jan 15, 2015 at 8:29 AM Post #15,233 of 19,652
to recover, not. to save your favorites list, no. to make a playlist on computer that would have everything that was in that favorite, it is entirely possible. 
the space allocated to firmware could be full due to you adding favorites, so this is why it froze, and why you need to stop doing that. there are other programs that edit id3tags with which you can edit something like favorite, and so on. 

That totally defeats the purpose of favorites. The only time I'm listening to music is when I'm out and about. I like to just grab a bunch of albums I've never heard before and play them at random. When I hear a song I like I favorite it. It's two clicks. I cannot add it to a playlist while I'm driving out riding a bicycle. Over time I'll have created the ultimate list of songs I like.

How hard would it be to make an export favorites button?

Jan 15, 2015 at 9:13 AM Post #15,234 of 19,652
That totally defeats the purpose of favorites. The only time I'm listening to music is when I'm out and about. I like to just grab a bunch of albums I've never heard before and play them at random. When I hear a song I like I favorite it. It's two clicks. I cannot add it to a playlist while I'm driving out riding a bicycle. Over time I'll have created the ultimate list of songs I like.

How hard would it be to make an expert favorites button?

it cannot last, as well as eq presetes. it gets deleted with the firmware on reset. it is normal, if you think that firmware has only so much space for itself. 

you should try to use the advice of kingdixon. i don't really see another way out. this never happens to me, as i don't take out new albums, or take all of them. well, another ideea would be reverse delete. like, delete the song you like, check the album in the evening, keep the songs you deleted. it can be done, but it is a hassle!

things can only get better at scrolling, and fast forwards while screen is off. this i would also need.

Jan 15, 2015 at 12:46 PM Post #15,235 of 19,652
I have to admit the Favorites functionality is not a safe way of keeping a list of your favorite music. It also gets reset every time you do a firmware update.

I would strongly encourage the use of the new M3U playlist functionality to create a permanent copy of your playlist on your SD card. Unfortunately, those are only editable from your computer.
redface.gif

Any chance of dropping the fav. completely. It really is redundant now we have playlists, and it'd be 1 less menu to navigate.

Jan 15, 2015 at 1:39 PM Post #15,237 of 19,652

Don't touch my favorites. 
angry_face.gif

Picture this

You're driving and listening to a new album you've never heard before by a band you've never heard before. Are you going to pull over to add it to a playlist? Wouldn't it be awesome if you could hit two buttons without even looking down to add it to a list for later consumption? If anything there should be a rating system implemented and saved to a text file which we can then manipulate with bash scripts. 

How I use to use the rating system on my ipod is 1 stars were how I marked songs for deletion, 5 stars where songs I was currently obsessed with (these songs usually got downgraded to a 4 or 3 after I've grown weary of them) 4 stars were songs that would be and have been favorites for all time, 3 stars were songs I liked but didn't like as much, 2 stars was reserved for future use. Also ipod had an on the go playlist option that was also like a 2 step process to add songs to. you could also add entire albums to the list.

Jan 15, 2015 at 2:06 PM Post #15,239 of 19,652
the stars rating system is deep whitin id3 tags, if i remember right. and a player that can write id3 tags needs hardware as well as software made to do this. 
consider the fact that ipod can do that but cannot do nice SQ. try to use memory and learn what you like and what you don't. this is how people should go. x7 will support internet streaming services which support this features, so fiio does agree with you, but x5 is just the cheapest god level SQ.. i really appreciate it as it is, but i can understand why some people need more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back