The Fiio X5 Thread
Jan 16, 2015 at 3:39 AM Post #15,244 of 19,652
Hi there.

I just wanted to know if there is a way to replace the battery on the X5 - if it fails in the future, will it be doable?

Did found one second hand not too expensive and I'm tempted to give it a try, but that non-replaceable battery kinda turns me off..

Did anyone try to pull the battery off his/her unit?

Thanks!

Jan 16, 2015 at 5:51 AM Post #15,245 of 19,652
I sort of remember reading somewhere (probably in this thread) that Fiio will change the battery if you send it to them. But TBH I haven't had a device battery fail for a long time now as I keep getting new stuff way before the battery gives in. Of course, YMMV.

I don't leave anything plugged in overnight unless I have to. But that's just me.

Jan 16, 2015 at 5:54 AM Post #15,246 of 19,652

I see.  I would be using a 2.1 amp charger.  Hmmm, I guess this would affect things.

Higher amperage means faster charging; everything I've used charges faster and the battery heats up too. However, that's for phones and tablets, which are perpetually running, either WiFi or cellular network. If the X5 is turned off it should just automatically go into trickle charging if not completely disable it once the battery is full. If you used it as a DAC though and your computer can keep charging whatever is plugged in then I'd still much rather use that for overnight charging.

Jan 16, 2015 at 6:51 AM Post #15,247 of 19,652
  I sort of remember reading somewhere (probably in this thread) that Fiio will change the battery if you send it to them. But TBH I haven't had a device battery fail for a long time now as I keep getting new stuff way before the battery gives in. Of course, YMMV.

I don't leave anything plugged in overnight unless I have to. But that's just me.

Thanks for your answer; so it seems like the battery quality is high enough to use it for a few years?
Regarding the change if you send the player to them, does anyone know if is it anyone with that player (based on the serial number only like WD does for hard drives) or only the original owner, registred on their website? (In case of present/second hand player/etc)?

Jan 16, 2015 at 9:37 AM Post #15,249 of 19,652
Sorry for the late reply, was busy with school this whole week. Sigh, the weekends dont last long either huh. Anyway thanks for the  interactive frequency chart i thought it was pretty cool. I tried playing around with the sliders but the fiio x5 losses its pazazz so its a no go, im going to try downloading a few different types of the albums and changing em with the existing album that has a bad case of sibilance. Thanks for your time and soz if the reply is too long TL;DR tyvm.

Jan 16, 2015 at 1:05 PM Post #15,250 of 19,652
Sorry for the late reply, was busy with school this whole week. Sigh, the weekends dont last long either huh. Anyway thanks for the  interactive frequency chart i thought it was pretty cool. I tried playing around with the sliders but the fiio x5 losses its pazazz so its a no go, im going to try downloading a few different types of the albums and changing em with the existing album that has a bad case of sibilance. Thanks for your time and soz if the reply is too long TL;DR tyvm.

Engaging the EQ also automatically drops the volume by about 6dB. It's designed like this to prevent clipping. Try adjusting the sliders and increasing the volume. Your "pizzazz" should return.

Jan 16, 2015 at 1:50 PM Post #15,251 of 19,652
one option for using the EQ so that it does not affect the total output power is to turn EQ on... then adjust all sliders to the top... then adjust each slider for the sound you want...

It sounds backwards but works... 

Jan 17, 2015 at 11:32 AM Post #15,252 of 19,652
Is anyone using the X5 also as a Desktop rig? 
It looks like it hits all the bases as a "all around device" (DAP/DAC/Amp). When I say Amp, I mean you don't necessarily need a seperate Amp for 90% your cans or IEMs.

Regards,
Eric

Jan 17, 2015 at 5:03 PM Post #15,254 of 19,652
It looks like it hits all the bases as a "all around device" (DAP/DAC/Amp). When I say Amp, I mean you don't necessarily need a seperate Amp for 90% your cans or IEMs.

Regards,
Eric

The X5 is indeed the centre of my listening experience. I use primarily planar headphones so I don't use HO much but LO to the e12 gets the job done. When next to my desktop rig it feeds the music through coaxial. All in all a very handy and flexible unit.

Jan 17, 2015 at 5:24 PM Post #15,255 of 19,652

Regards,
Eric

I think there are several folks using the X5 with the Oppo HA-1...   it also works quite well with the WOO Tube Amps...  as does the X3 as it has the better line out ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back