The Fiio X3 Thread.
Jun 22, 2013 at 10:11 AM Post #1,997 of 17,484
Quote:
Even if this letter is not what many people want to read, the transparency and quality commitment demonstrated deserve all our respect.

+1

Are you watching and learning from this, Fang? 
rolleyes.gif

Jun 22, 2013 at 11:08 AM Post #2,000 of 17,484
Quote:
+100

Product Quality is paramount!
I salute to Fiio! More respect to James!
wink_face.gif

You and me are looking and searching for DAP looooooooooong time, but come on, FiiO nailed it and deserved it. These guys are honest and know what they are doing. They don't ripoff their customers and respect their needs, keep communication as much as possible. It is one of the best I seen if not the best 
wink.gif
 So what I suggest is, we stop looking for a DAP and get X5 when it is out 
biggrin.gif

Jun 22, 2013 at 11:34 AM Post #2,001 of 17,484
Quote:
You and me are looking and searching for DAP looooooooooong time, but come on, FiiO nailed it and deserved it. These guys are honest and know what they are doing. They don't ripoff their customers and respect their needs, keep communication as much as possible. It is one of the best I seen if not the best 
wink.gif
 So what I suggest is, we stop looking for a DAP and get X5 when it is out 
biggrin.gif

Oh sure, X3 in my list now and most probably I will order it in July.

As for X5, like you and me put a very high hope that it will be on par in term of SQ with the Ivy League's DAPs but with 50% or less of their price. I'm very confident that Fiio will deliver it by end of the year.
biggrin.gif

Jun 22, 2013 at 1:05 PM Post #2,003 of 17,484
Quote:
The delay is disappointing. I had been hoping to get it just a little earlier than others.

I agree we all don't like delay but I prefer getting them a bit late but at top build quality. FiiO did the correct thing, nobody would want to get bad build quality. It will cause more trouble to both customer and FiiO. In this way, at least we know what is happening.

I saw somebody at HM901 thread, after 3.5 hours his wheel created a problem. Compare that quality check and FiiO's quality check.

Jun 22, 2013 at 1:07 PM Post #2,004 of 17,484
Quote:
Oh sure, X3 in my list now and most probably I will order it in July.

As for X5, like you and me put a very high hope that it will be on par in term of SQ with the Ivy League's DAPs but with 50% or less of their price. I'm very confident that Fiio will deliver it by end of the year.
biggrin.gif

Oh you gut X3 too? Good for you really, I don't have budget for 2 different DAPs now (student wallet 
frown.gif
) so I have to wait and choose wisely while reading and searching a lot.

I was in between importing HDP R10 from Japan or waiting for X5 but FiiO's service is just nailing it. One can not expect better than that. I think I will stick with them and order X5 when it comes out (I hope the delay on X3 won't have an effect on X5.).

Jun 22, 2013 at 1:09 PM Post #2,005 of 17,484
The 'build' of the X3 is already done and has been.

What caused this delay is them not having enough quality parts on hand for thousand unit shipments to agents BUT more importantly they are working on a final UI. The final UI adjustments(UI is very important to DAP) are being done right now.

I'll be getting an X3 with Beta UI next week so I can report with some info on what you guys would like. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back