The Fiio X3 Thread.
Jun 21, 2013 at 11:57 AM Post #1,982 of 17,484
Quote:

rolleyes.gif

Jun 21, 2013 at 12:38 PM Post #1,983 of 17,484
Just ordered the X3 from audiogarden.fr!

waiting by the mailbox now ;P

Jun 21, 2013 at 3:58 PM Post #1,986 of 17,484
Quote:
So everything I've been reading that I thought were objective reviews have been biased garbage?

What's real?

Is anything?

Use reviews only as a loose guide.  Do your own reviewing when possible.  If you are buying expensive gear, always check it out yourself or buy from a company with a good return policy.  I think there are people around here that review things as objectively as they can, but all reviews are ultimately subjective in nature due, at the very least, to the different ways people hear things.  There are some well known folks around here that can be trusted, but it's just a fact that everyone hears things differently, so you must realize that.  What sounds good to me, might not sound good to you.

I always find the best thing to do is simply figure out what you want from a product, find some that fit your wants, and then find the one you like the best.  Don't expect reviews to be your final answer, but rather a way to find products that have certain features.  This is my approach, and I am rarely disappointed with the results.  

The other great thing about this community is that you can almost always find somebody to buy it from you if you don't like it, usually without much of a loss.

Jun 21, 2013 at 4:08 PM Post #1,987 of 17,484
Quote:
Use reviews only as a loose guide.  Do your own reviewing when possible.  If you are buying expensive gear, always check it out yourself or buy from a company with a good return policy.  I think there are people around here that review things as objectively as they can, but all reviews are ultimately subjective in nature due, at the very least, to the different ways people hear things.  There are some well known folks around here that can be trusted, but it's just a fact that everyone hears things differently, so you must realize that.  What sounds good to me, might not sound good to you.

I always find the best thing to do is simply figure out what you want from a product, find some that fit your wants, and then find the one you like the best.  Don't expect reviews to be your final answer, but rather a way to find products that have certain features.  This is my approach, and I am rarely disappointed with the results.  

The other great thing about this community is that you can almost always find somebody to buy it from you if you don't like it, usually without much of a loss.

I agree that the best reviewer is yourself. 

But of course, most don't have resources to try things out, so a review is what most go on. In terms of sound quality section for our audio reviews, those are the things I personally follow loosley. However stuff like build quality, feel, usability I would say are for the most part near universal. 

But yeah, I do agree with you. It seems some are taking reviews as the word of law instead of just a 'review' a person did of it. 

Jun 21, 2013 at 4:24 PM Post #1,988 of 17,484
Quote:
So everything I've been reading that I thought were objective reviews have been biased garbage?

What's real?

Is anything?

What I find helpful, if possible, is to find a review by someone that is about a product that I own myself. By reading what "Head-fi-er XYZ" thinks about a headphone that I have,. that gives some insight on their preferences and therefore I can take that into account when reading other reviews by them. It's still not like hearing it for yourself, but it's better than nothing.

Jun 21, 2013 at 4:30 PM Post #1,989 of 17,484
Quote:

What's real?

Is anything?

The only method of being objective is to perform DBTs. But the quick and more reliable route is just to look at output measurements of the sources. For headphones, it's a more complicated affair. 

Jun 22, 2013 at 4:20 AM Post #1,990 of 17,484
Ok so back to the x3 perhaps i am ? one of the 1st users to own a 2nd hand unit . in the uk . anyway a couple of days old
came from audio thinker to northern england i was not far away so purchase made .

checked authentic all good.

in due course i will compare to cowon z2 . but initial impressions are great.
it has a nice sound , no area is poor. 
used into genelec monitor active 8020b speakers there definatly has more punch, solid bass than z2 

also using with remoulded tf10 iems again soild ,nice, i.e on the warm side but plenty of detail

overall i really like the sound. Most music is full fat rips of cd's , wavs with no compression 
but i do have some 320 mp3's ,sounding good 

without a doubt i am very pleased with my purchase

just waiting for the lastest software to hit the fiio website , when will this be? sorry firmware

Jun 22, 2013 at 5:19 AM Post #1,991 of 17,484
Quote:
Ok so back to the x3 perhaps i am ? one of the 1st users to own a 2nd hand unit . in the uk . anyway a couple of days old
came from audio thinker to northern england i was not far away so purchase made .

checked authentic all good.

in due course i will compare to cowon z2 . but initial impressions are great.
it has a nice sound , no area is poor. 
used into genelec monitor active 8020b speakers there definatly has more punch, solid bass than z2 

also using with remoulded tf10 iems again soild ,nice, i.e on the warm side but plenty of detail

overall i really like the sound. Most music is full fat rips of cd's , wavs with no compression 
but i do have some 320 mp3's ,sounding good 

without a doubt i am very pleased with my purchase

just waiting for the lastest software to hit the fiio website , when will this be? sorry firmware

should be some time in July as James said will be released with the new batch

Jun 22, 2013 at 9:26 AM Post #1,994 of 17,484
Quote:
I saw an apology letter by FiiO on their facebook page in regards with the delayed delivery of X3..still waiting patiently to get one locally

For those who don't have facebook...

Quote:
Apology Letter for the Delayed Delivery of X3

To all the respected agents and customers of FiiO,

Hope all is well with you!

Regarding the delivery of X3, our original plan was to arrange one production of 2000pcs at the beginning of June, with 1000pcs to the mainland market of China and the rest to Korea, Taiwan, Hongkong and US to have trial marketing.

However, we encountered some matters during the process of production. High wastage for some key materials (like the display screen and the lens) resulted in lower percent of pass than expected. As to the real output of X3, after allocated to mainland market of China and the samples for agents, media and individual reviewers, we only got a few for overseas market now.

To guarantee the quality of the products, we have no choice but to cancel the marketing schedule in Hongkong, USA and Taiwan. We would postpone the worldwide release until July when there would be mass production of X3. Yet, pls kindly note, we would allocate a few items to Korean agents for this batch, for more detailed information, pls feel free to contact our Korean agent Headphone World.

For six years, this has been the first time we arrange trial marketing at mainland market ahead of others. This is because that X3 is a product which is much more complex and requires more and better before & after sales service than any other. The trial marketing at mainland can enable us to provide timely and high-quality service for our customers.

The sales of X3 in China are pretty good, and the stocks would run out a few days after we sent goods to our agents. Pls do trust us that we would settle the production issue asap, and enable X3 to say “hello” to those who waited for so long.

All the dear customers, fan and players, thank you so much for your kind support and deep love for FiiO. Pls accept our sincere apologies again.
FiiO Electronics Technology CO., LTD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back