The Fiio X3 Thread.
Jun 8, 2013 at 5:02 PM Post #1,531 of 17,483
Moving on...

Anyone else noticed how quiet James is at the moment?

Methinks he is working  flat-out, getting the X3 finalised for release!
biggrin.gif

Jun 8, 2013 at 9:34 PM Post #1,533 of 17,483
Quote:

Hey, there's no need to be nasty to me.

Not trying to be nasty. If it sounds that way to you, I apologize. I guess trying to keep answering questions over a hundred pages can make me sounds nasty to some, so time to retire for good and enjoy the music
etysmile.gif

Jun 9, 2013 at 1:00 AM Post #1,534 of 17,483
Quote:

Not trying to be nasty. If it sounds that way to you, I apologize. I guess trying to keep answering questions over a hundred pages can make me sounds nasty to some, so time to retire for good and enjoy the music
etysmile.gif

I didn't feel you were being nasty when I read the post. I guess others did though. However, I could feel the frustration. No doubt that is from the countless questions that could have been answered by simply reading the first page of the thread or the spec page. 

The burden of question answering has kind of fallen on you as a result of your having had the X3 to test. Thank you for your patience and SOOOO many questions you have already answered. I think we can let this one slide. 
beerchug.gif

Jun 9, 2013 at 1:11 AM Post #1,535 of 17,483
Does anyone here knows how can i connect the x3 to jh3a digitally? And can you kindly explain to me how the connection works? Where can i buy such cable? 3-4 inch would be the best length as i am going portable... Thank you!

Jun 9, 2013 at 1:24 AM Post #1,536 of 17,483
So I've been looking around, and the Fiio x3 looks mighty impressive.  I'm deciding between this paired up with the jds C5 amp, or the Algorhythm solo R + c5 + nano. 

One thing that confuses me, is that the Algorhythm solo R DAC can only play 16 bit, but gets tons of great reviews... while the upcoming Fiio x3 is 24 bit yet being compared to the lesser DACs deemed inferior to the Algorhythm solo R.

Anyway I was wondering if you could increase the battery life of the x3 by using the line out to another amp since theoretically it should disable the x3 amp chip.  So maybe 10 hours would = 12-14 hours if paired with an external amp?

Jun 9, 2013 at 2:48 AM Post #1,537 of 17,483
I think in general DAPs don't work like that.
Line out in DAPs is just bypassing the DAC output and not disabling amp circuitory.  It may disable volume control on the DAP side but I believe headphone out is still working (atleast for my 5G it's like that)

You don't really get longer battery life by using line out or digital out on iPods and iPhones.  Although I don't know how the X3 is, unless it totally switches and disables headphone out you can't really expect battery life increase.

Quote:

So I've been looking around, and the Fiio x3 looks mighty impressive.  I'm deciding between this paired up with the jds C5 amp, or the Algorhythm solo R + c5 + nano. 

One thing that confuses me, is that the Algorhythm solo R DAC can only play 16 bit, but gets tons of great reviews... while the upcoming Fiio x3 is 24 bit yet being compared to the lesser DACs deemed inferior to the Algorhythm solo R.

Anyway I was wondering if you could increase the battery life of the x3 by using the line out to another amp since theoretically it should disable the x3 amp chip.  So maybe 10 hours would = 12-14 hours if paired with an external amp?

Jun 9, 2013 at 2:56 AM Post #1,538 of 17,483
I think in general DAPs don't work like that.
Line out in DAPs is just bypassing the DAC output and not disabling amp circuitory.  It may disable volume control on the DAP side but I believe headphone out is still working (atleast for my 5G it's like that)

You don't really get longer battery life by using line out or digital out on iPods and iPhones.

You're right in the case of idevices such as iPod, iPad..etc.
However, I believe X3 has a true LO. In another word, the digital signal from X3 is without amplification.

Jun 9, 2013 at 3:36 AM Post #1,540 of 17,483
Quote:
Does anyone here knows how can i connect the x3 to jh3a digitally? And can you kindly explain to me how the connection works? Where can i buy such cable? 3-4 inch would be the best length as i am going portable... Thank you!

I looked at JH's website and I can't see what digital inputs it has. If the JH3A DSP-amp uses a coaxial SPDIF input you can use it.

Jun 9, 2013 at 6:04 AM Post #1,544 of 17,483
Quote:
 A reasonable way to handle such a confounding situation:

• Test it.
  • Decide if you like it.
  • If yes, buy it and enjoy.
  • If no, don't buy it, and get on with your life. Find another DAP that you like. Don't cry to the world about not liking it - nobody cares.

It's almost exactly like dating.

Then that means it has the potential to go HORRIBLY WRONG! 
eek.gif

Jun 9, 2013 at 6:11 AM Post #1,545 of 17,483
Quote:

.... However, I could feel the frustration. No doubt that is from the countless questions that could have been answered by simply reading the first page of the thread or the spec page. 

The burden of question answering has kind of fallen on you as a result of your having had the X3 to test. Thank you for your patience and SOOOO many questions you have already answered. I think we can let this one slide. 
beerchug.gif

Fair point.

Anyway, no hard feelings.

Forwards we go...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back