The Fiio X3 Thread.
Jun 8, 2013 at 6:15 AM Post #1,516 of 17,483
Oh, the estimated price for the X3 here in Germany went from 235€ down to 199€
That is nice to hear :)

And one store already has it in stock?
A bit surprising and also pretty bad for me, because I already spent all my tech-budget on a Nintendo 3DS this month :D

Jun 8, 2013 at 6:27 AM Post #1,517 of 17,483
 A reasonable way to handle such a confounding situation:

1. Test it.
  2. Decide if you like it.
  3. If yes, buy it and enjoy.
  4. If no, don't buy it, and get on with your life. Find another DAP that you like. Don't cry to the world about not liking it - nobody cares.

It's almost exactly like dating.

My saviour <3

Jun 8, 2013 at 7:43 AM Post #1,519 of 17,483
Hi guys, I'm new in this forum. Just wanna inform everyone who bought a fiio x3 from audiothinker from ebay that today my item was shipped so it looks like everything is alright and soon everyone who decide to buy this dap from hk should get x3 soon. 

Also I have a question: currently I have my s3 rooted with extweaks for audio + akg k618 and I bought x3 because I'm looking for even better dap with much better SQ, more power and louder volume. Can someone tell me how much better x3 will be with akg k618 than my s3 with extweaks and the same headphones?

And last question is about e12 amp. I'm thinking about buying this amp for pairing with x3 but is it will play even better then? Also which version e12 is better v1 or v2 and what are the differences? 

All best sound for everyone!

Jun 8, 2013 at 8:00 AM Post #1,520 of 17,483
Quote:
Oh, the estimated price for the X3 here in Germany went from 235€ down to 199€
That is nice to hear :)

And one store already has it in stock?
A bit surprising and also pretty bad for me, because I already spent all my tech-budget on a Nintendo 3DS this month :D

take the Nintendo back to the shop and buy X3.

Jun 8, 2013 at 8:32 AM Post #1,522 of 17,483
Friend in China has ordered me one from a chinese distributor - due to him in 2-3 days then to me in another 2 weeks - Cant Wait !!

Jun 8, 2013 at 9:29 AM Post #1,523 of 17,483
Quote:
The venerable ipod classic is around $229 on amazon right now.  Biggest advantage over the fiio is obviously the storage space but I imagine the fiio would sound quite a bit better (never heard the fiio obviously!)

Cheers

And biggest advantage over that is that the X3 and other PMP's that we are awaiting use Flash memory for storage and not an HDD like the Classic. 

Jun 8, 2013 at 9:51 AM Post #1,525 of 17,483
Quote:
Has anyone confirmed to capability of the x3 with 64gb microsd cards? Is fat32 required to compatibility? 

thanks...

This has been covered quite sometime ago, here:

Quote:
... 11) How is the TF card support?
64GB SDXC formatted to FAT32 works without any problem. There are about 7GB of usable memory on board if you wonder.

Jun 8, 2013 at 9:58 AM Post #1,526 of 17,483
Quote:

This has been covered quite sometime ago, here:

Hmmm... not quite.

MattTCG was asking if Fat32 is required, in order to be able to use a 64gb card with the X3. In other words, can the X3 be used with a 64gb card that has native EX-Fat formatting (as supplied by Sandisk) or is it compulsory to re-format from EX-Fat to Fat-32 in order for the X3 to be able to use the memory card?

Jun 8, 2013 at 10:06 AM Post #1,527 of 17,483
Quote:
take the Nintendo back to the shop and buy X3.

I got an email from the online shop and they told me that their homepage acted a bit weird. It is actually not in stock and won't be until end of July :/
Well, at least I pre-ordered one and now I'm on the safe side of "sorry, X3 is out of stock", if you know what I mean.

Jun 8, 2013 at 10:15 AM Post #1,528 of 17,483
Quote:

Hmmm... not quite.

MattTCG was asking if Fat32 is required, in order to be able to use a 64gb card with the X3. In other words, can the X3 be used with a 64gb card that has native EX-Fat formatting (as supplied by Sandisk) or is it compulsory to re-format from EX-Fat to Fat-32 in order for the X3 to be able to use the memory card?

If you have read the official spec, then you will notice FAT32 is already mentioned as a requirement for using 64GB SDXC card. I am merely confirmed that. If it worked in exFAT, I would have mentioned that as well. The only DAP that supports exFAT in SDXC natively, as far as I know, is HifiMan HM901 with the latest firmware.

Jun 8, 2013 at 10:25 AM Post #1,529 of 17,483
Quote:
If you have read the official spec, then you will notice FAT32 is already mentioned as a requirement for using 64GB SDXC card. I am merely confirmed that. If it worked in exFAT, I would have mentioned that as well. The only DAP that supports exFAT in SDXC natively, as far as I know, is HifiMan HM901 with the latest firmware.

Hey, there's no need to be nasty to me.

As far as reading 'the official spec', as you put it, I read Fiio's own webpage: http://fiio.com.cn/products/index.aspx?ID=100000045041475&MenuID=105026016 and nowhere does it mention that Fat-32 is compulsory. I can see now that James is quoted, at the beginning of this Head-fi thread, as saying Fat-32 is necessary, but I did not expect that the specs mentioned in this thread would be any different from the company webpage for the X3. An honest, and quite understandable oversight on my part, and on Matt's part, too.

James has mentioned in either the X3 or the X5 thread, that Fiio try to use the very latest components in their DAPs, so it is not unreasonable to expect the very latest components to read the very lastest card formats. I know the licensing fees for formatting to EX-FAT are very expensive, but we are only talking about reading EX-FAT.

Anyway, enough.

Jun 8, 2013 at 3:38 PM Post #1,530 of 17,483
Quote:
Quote:

Hey, there's no need to be nasty to me.

As far as reading 'the official spec', as you put it, I read Fiio's own webpage: http://fiio.com.cn/products/index.aspx?ID=100000045041475&MenuID=105026016 and nowhere does it mention that Fat-32 is compulsory. I can see now that James is quoted, at the beginning of this Head-fi thread, as saying Fat-32 is necessary, but I did not expect that the specs mentioned in this thread would be any different from the company webpage for the X3. An honest, and quite understandable oversight on my part, and on Matt's part, too.

James has mentioned in either the X3 or the X5 thread, that Fiio try to use the very latest components in their DAPs, so it is not unreasonable to expect the very latest components to read the very lastest card formats. I know the licensing fees for formatting to EX-FAT are very expensive, but we are only talking about reading EX-FAT.

Anyway, enough.

+1
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back