The Fiio X3 Thread.
Jun 7, 2013 at 6:28 AM Post #1,486 of 17,483
If the stiffness of the volume and control wheels was some kind of practical joke, I was not amused.

Whew! It wasn't just me then. I honestly gave up on the volume control because I didn't want to accidentally break it. It was ridiculous.

Jun 7, 2013 at 6:40 AM Post #1,487 of 17,483
Quote:
Quote:
If the stiffness of the volume and control wheels was some kind of practical joke, I was not amused.

Whew! It wasn't just me then. I honestly gave up on the volume control because I didn't want to accidentally break it. It was ridiculous.

Nope, definitely not you! 
smile.gif
  Maybe it'll loosen up with time, but I kinda doubt it.  In this respect, I think the X3 wins hands down.

Jun 7, 2013 at 6:43 AM Post #1,488 of 17,483
I guess these are demo units people are talking about. If anyone would like check out their x3 to confirm or dispel any opinion they may not be sure of...then I offer my service. 
size]

Jun 7, 2013 at 9:13 AM Post #1,489 of 17,483
Quote:
Quote:
Hey guys, it might not be a bad idea to fork this off into a PM-based discussion (or branch out into a new thread if you feel it to be community-worthy). 
smile.gif

Also, as a reminder:

Ah snap! Moderator Warren stepping in!

5OSx0.gif

sorry :)

this is spam and you have done it before..just stop it ! this is the X3 forum...

Jun 7, 2013 at 9:16 AM Post #1,490 of 17,483
Quote:
Quote:
Clieos when and where you will review the HM901?I really enjoy reading your reviews. Thanks

No fixed schedule yet, but hopefully within the next few weeks. Like most of my future review, it will be posted on my blog only in an effort to scale down.

Thank you, I am reading your blog.. Nice job as always.
wink.gif

Jun 7, 2013 at 9:53 AM Post #1,491 of 17,483
Quote:
this is spam and you have done it before..just stop it ! this is the X3 forum...

And this is "my" thread 
wink.gif

I was making the comment as a sort of joke, since warrenpchi was recently promoted to Moderator status. I suppose a lack of this knowledge could confuse someone.

Jun 7, 2013 at 12:45 PM Post #1,495 of 17,483
Quote:
I thought that gif was spot on!!! Rock on Moderator WARRENPCHI!!!

Indeed! 

Or watch the world burn.....

Jun 7, 2013 at 3:35 PM Post #1,496 of 17,483
Quote:
Quote:
I thought that gif was spot on!!! Rock on Moderator WARRENPCHI!!!

Indeed! 

Or watch the world burn.....

This is not what is supposed to do, can any moderator do anything about this, or just get it locked? People here want to read only about the DAP, the rest of the stuff can be found on internet.

Jun 7, 2013 at 3:44 PM Post #1,497 of 17,483
Quote:
This is not what is supposed to do, can any moderator do anything about this, or just get it locked? People here want to read only about the DAP, the rest of the stuff can be found on internet.

This is a law of Head-Fi. Where all threads will at some point go off topic.

As long as personal attacks and other material that is not allowed in the ToS isn't constantly posted, there is no reason to lock a thread without the original posters consent(some OP's ask mod's to close threads and remake new ones to ease the tension etc etc).

This thread isn't going to go empty because the product is nearing its day of release. 

It's not ideal. Head-Fi is a very central place for a big portion of the world to come and look at new headphone audio products and sifting through hundreds to thousands of posts is not ideal. But there really isn't an alternative. And even if there was. It wouldn't make much of a difference. Lack of sponsors, and matter to companies that matter wouldn't make it ideal for people to go too, and if it does succeed, it will turn into derailed threads like this as well.

It's kinda like eating an Orange or any fruit. Jeez its a good tasty thing full of wonders inside. But you always have the bad stuff. It just comes with it. Eating the orange requires peeling it and getting your hands sticky and requirng papers and an entry to the restroom/sink and such. Going to such a large headphone audio site like Head-fi for this info is bound to bring the bad stuff with it. As the sites that don't have the bad stuff generally don't have the companies 'eye' on that site.

Jun 7, 2013 at 3:54 PM Post #1,498 of 17,483
Quote:
Ah snap! Moderator Warren stepping in!

5OSx0.gif

sorry :)

Thank you sir! 
smile.gif

Quote:
And this is "my" thread 
wink.gif

I was making the comment as a sort of joke, since warrenpchi was recently promoted to Moderator status. I suppose a lack of this knowledge could confuse someone.

Um, oh snap! 
eek.gif

biggrin.gif

Quote:
Quote:

This is a law of Head-Fi. Where all threads will at some point go off topic.

As long as personal attacks and other material that is not allowed in the ToS isn't constantly posted, there is no reason to lock a thread without the original posters consent(some OP's ask mod's to close threads and remake new ones to ease the tension etc etc).

And in addition to locking, there remains the option of selectively restricting specific people from this thread if need be.  However, I don't think we need to resort to any of that, right gentleman (and ladies if there are any)?  Just a wee bit of self moderation for us all, and we'll be perfectly fine I think.  
wink.gif

Now before I totally derail this thread myself, please by all means carry on. 
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back