The FiiO X3 Thread UPDATE: Project Back On! Read the First Post for Information.
Oct 21, 2012 at 4:33 PM Post #2,686 of 3,613
Quote:
What??? Is this a Trekkie convention or something?!?!?!
tongue.gif

The force is with them!

Oct 21, 2012 at 4:38 PM Post #2,688 of 3,613
Oct 22, 2012 at 1:22 AM Post #2,691 of 3,613
Quote:
@doubleea
That marketing strategy is only really really effective in a niche near stagnant market like enthusiast headphone audio. Where innovation and invention doesnt run over all preceding things and wherre the innovations and inventions dont come often as say microelectronics(although that field does apply back to us).
Like Steve Jobs said "You cant give the people what they want because when you finally have it built, novody would want it" his comment mainly deals in his extraordinarily fast field of computers and howto give the people something totally unexpected and wowing that is above the nor
. Who ever asked for a unibody computer? Who asked for Samsungs best displays? How many asked for retina on their laptops? (They dont win in everything of course, i mean come on? Who asked for powerpc? Ewww)
----
A question is raised. What happens to the E17? This x3 is very similar in price to the e17 with same componenets inside. Granted how it is implemented and other factors would have a difference. And orher things like working as the DAC doe the conputer and spdif coax and opt and 192KHz option and lining out to an ext amp and dock with E90K. There are still many places for the e17 but still... Just a thought

Good point, but I think that applies to computers much more so than portable audio; just think of the number of people who still use older ipod videos by choice, whereas few would choose to use computers from that time period. (Edit: I think I pretty much made the same point as you. I need coffee. Yarp.)

Oct 22, 2012 at 11:58 AM Post #2,693 of 3,613
Whys there no dedicated 1/4" jack. So many high end headphones terminate to 1/4, and using an adaptor is very impractical.

Oct 22, 2012 at 3:00 PM Post #2,695 of 3,613
It is a portable player and meant to be all-in-one solution for playing music only. So on the road it is a lot more practical to use it with earbuds, IEMs, CIEMs and on-ear portable cans. Majority of those are terminated with 3.5mm. LCD-2, T1, HD800, HE-6, HE-500, D7000 or other high end headphones are far from portable and intended for home use.

P.S. If you want to use high impedance big headphones lets say at home with this DAP, then why not to buy a cheap 1/4" to 1/8" adapter.

Oct 22, 2012 at 8:46 PM Post #2,697 of 3,613
Quote:
The X3 is designed to be used portably in a pocket. I don't think it needs a 1/4" jack.

Just to add, there are many full-size cans with the proper general use plugs; that is, a 3.5mm with a 6.3mm converter, like the Sennheiser HDxxx cables, AKG K701/K550, etc. However the cans we're very likely to use without a separate amp, Grado, come with a 3.5mm or 6.3mm and then you get that bulky converter - the 3.5mm with converter is easy to use at home, but the 6.3mm with adapter is near impossible to use with the electronics just in your pocket I gave up on it before I even stepped out of the house.

Seriously, Grado should just sell the entire Prestige line with the 3.5mm plug and we should just get the adapter free with the 225 and 325.

Oct 22, 2012 at 11:06 PM Post #2,699 of 3,613
This, I know is not really nice for the mini jack. I have one but the stress is so high at the end, I don't use it anymore. Mini jack killer.

I think the grado adaptor or something similar (female jack and male mini plug separate) is safe enough.

Anyway back to the X3, feiao I'm wondering if it will support M3U playlists... it's just more convenient if I can use the lists that I already have. Otherwise, I'm guessing we have to make lists directly with the X3 by ourselves..?  Not really an issue but just wondering
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back