The FiiO X3 Thread UPDATE: Project Back On! Read the First Post for Information.
Oct 20, 2012 at 10:31 PM Post #2,671 of 3,613
Battery time will be a concern for people coming from the likes Cowon, Sony (myself) though it won't be a problem to me personally having a power point near. 25 hours would of been nice,making a great half way to point to what I'm used too. As doublea said, is 15 hours rated running FLAC or 128kbps? We need to know......

My only real concern at this stage is how good it's going to sound. I just hope it holds a true audiophile feel to it's signature. FiiO have come to the table with many feature's such as line out, digital out, etc though they're of no use to us if a Clip+ sound better or the SQ doesn't meet certian expectations.

I'm not asking for the highest quality sound of a high end DAP, but it will need decent amounts of separation, dynamics, detail and soundstage property's. Without those the features X3 offers will be next to useless for me. It needs to sound good!

Love your work FiiO,

Oct 20, 2012 at 11:12 PM Post #2,672 of 3,613
Sorry I don't quite understand what you mean here. Maybe I should clarify because my post was weird. I meant would I be able to connect something like my uha-6s mkii which is a dac/amp device to the x3 so I can utilize the dac and amp in my uha-6s mkii? Kind of like me plugging it into a pc or gs3 or note 2.

what part about my post was confusing? yes it can work as a dac/amp, but not over USB afaik

on another note, re battery concerns, can it be used with a n external extended battery?

Oct 21, 2012 at 12:02 AM Post #2,673 of 3,613
Quote:
what part about my post was confusing? yes it can work as a dac/amp, but not over USB afaik
on another note, re battery concerns, can it be used with a n external extended battery?

The UHA6 MKII has both Toslink-Optical and Coaxil so it will be no problem at all. USB is the weak-point on the UHA6 MKII in comparison to the other two inputs.

Oct 21, 2012 at 12:31 AM Post #2,674 of 3,613
The UHA6 MKII has both Toslink-Optical and Coaxil so it will be no problem at all. USB is the weak-point on the UHA6 MKII in comparison to the other two inputs.

sure, I said nothing about the UHA6 and neither did he in the post I replied to, I was very specifically commenting that it wouldnt work with ANY USB dac over USB. the specific dac in question was only mentioned afterwards. the question I replied to was

zachchen1996 said:
 So it will work with an external usb dac or dac/amp?

Oct 21, 2012 at 1:17 AM Post #2,675 of 3,613
Quote:
sure, I said nothing about the UHA6 and neither did he in the post I replied to, I was very specifically commenting that it wouldnt work with ANY USB dac over USB. the specific dac in question was only mentioned afterwards. the question I replied to was

If you read the post you replied to he does mention the UHA6. I understand where you are coming from though.

Originally Posted by zachchen1996 

Sorry I don't quite understand what you mean here. Maybe I should clarify because my post was weird. I meant would I be able to connect something like my uha-6s mkii which is a dac/amp device to the x3 so I can utilize the dac and amp in my uha-6s mkii? Kind of like me plugging it into a pc or gs3 or note 2.

Oct 21, 2012 at 1:43 AM Post #2,676 of 3,613
Oct 21, 2012 at 1:53 AM Post #2,677 of 3,613
back to X3 please!

Oct 21, 2012 at 12:13 PM Post #2,678 of 3,613
Anybody knws if the Fiio's X3 battery can be replaced? I will wait for to be released and i am going to buy it.I like the form factor, and i hope will sound great.
Better then my Clip+ Rockboxed
redface.gif

Oct 21, 2012 at 3:10 PM Post #2,680 of 3,613
@doubleea
That marketing strategy is only really really effective in a niche near stagnant market like enthusiast headphone audio. Where innovation and invention doesnt run over all preceding things and wherre the innovations and inventions dont come often as say microelectronics(although that field does apply back to us).
Like Steve Jobs said "You cant give the people what they want because when you finally have it built, novody would want it" his comment mainly deals in his extraordinarily fast field of computers and howto give the people something totally unexpected and wowing that is above the nor
. Who ever asked for a unibody computer? Who asked for Samsungs best displays? How many asked for retina on their laptops? (They dont win in everything of course, i mean come on? Who asked for powerpc? Ewww)

----
A question is raised. What happens to the E17? This x3 is very similar in price to the e17 with same componenets inside. Granted how it is implemented and other factors would have a difference. And orher things like working as the DAC doe the conputer and spdif coax and opt and 192KHz option and lining out to an ext amp and dock with E90K. There are still many places for the e17 but still... Just a thought

Oct 21, 2012 at 3:22 PM Post #2,681 of 3,613
Quote:
----
A question is raised. What happens to the E17? This x3 is very similar in price to the e17 with same componenets inside. Granted how it is implemented and other factors would have a difference. And orher things like working as the DAC doe the conputer and spdif coax and opt and 192KHz option and lining out to an ext amp and dock with E90K. There are still many places for the e17 but still... Just a thought

Nothing needs to happen to it. It should still be available as an option for those who do not have an X3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back