The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Nov 22, 2013 at 4:38 AM Post #61 of 7,793
  I see, sorry 'bout that. I totally agree with the points you raised though. 
beerchug.gif

No worries. When on a tight budget, every dollar must be spent on the right feature since you can have only so many features.

ETA, July in China

That's much sooner than I expect. James, can you give a rough outline of the release dates of all of FiiO's DAPs in China and globally? So far, I know that you'll release the X5 in Dec/Jan 2014 in China, and March 2014 globally, then you plan to release the X7 in Nov 2014 (?). I also know you plan to release a X3 with a mechanical wheel, and now the X1 in July 2014 in China.

To be honest, the X1 speaks more to my needs than the X5 but I'm not sure if I can wait till July 2014 or later for it.

Nov 22, 2013 at 5:04 AM Post #63 of 7,793
So will it be available worldwide by August? Pleaseeee say yes! XD my birthday is on 8th August!!

maybe Sep, cause the first batch will be for Chinese market first.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Nov 22, 2013 at 5:08 AM Post #64 of 7,793
the big difference is X1 supports high resolution music format and almost all lossless format. of course, we are not going to compare with Sansa or iPod. lol

Good to know :D so high end DAC... And now time to hunt for an amp to go along with it.. E12 / O2? Or will there be better amp coming out from FiiO by then?

Nov 22, 2013 at 5:56 AM Post #66 of 7,793
+1 for design A. Whit a screen this size I would like it to be horizontal, so it can fit more album/track info in one line, while the B design will fit higher number of artists/albums/tracks below the info in one line will be less and will scroll more before we can see everything

Nov 22, 2013 at 6:51 AM Post #67 of 7,793
First of all, we should appreciate and encourage for an himalayan effort put on by our James.
These kind of guts is unique and rare(continuous new products design,release), especially a young firm that released successful models without any hypes in a row, another new flagship model is nearing it's launch, and yet 2 more models kicked off for next,some are in pipeline.......Looks like 2014 will be FiiO's most successful year in their company history and sure by 2015/16 the DAP/portable rig segment will be dominated by them....just like how samsung took over smartphone segment pushing Apple step below......but here no rivals for FiiO,monopoly. Yeah who's gonna offer almost a Grand equivalent gear to 40% down?? LoL......

I Like X1A - looks of Nano 3G, so handy,so compact......soooooooooo sexy.
I Like X1B as well - Sansa looks,slim and vertical.

So I'd like to request James to add one more voting button for both.....and I'll buy both of 'em James.
tongue.gif

And if ok, James, let be X1A as "X1" and X1B as "X2" another sibling, add to X family? because most of us like both designs.
tongue_smile.gif
  just like you and me.
wink.gif

And also the model #s carry their naming convention in ascending so as their size and features.

Nov 22, 2013 at 10:09 AM Post #69 of 7,793
  +1 for design A. Whit a screen this size I would like it to be horizontal, so it can fit more album/track info in one line, while the B design will fit higher number of artists/albums/tracks below the info in one line will be less and will scroll more before we can see everything

I think if folks saw them in hand, more would realize the size and thumb navigation is friendlier in A. 

Nov 22, 2013 at 10:36 AM Post #71 of 7,793

No worries. When on a tight budget, every dollar must be spent on the right feature since you can have only so many features.

That's much sooner than I expect. James, can you give a rough outline of the release dates of all of FiiO's DAPs in China and globally? So far, I know that you'll release the X5 in Dec/Jan 2014 in China, and March 2014 globally, then you plan to release the X7 in Nov 2014 (?). I also know you plan to release a X3 with a mechanical wheel, and now the X1 in July 2014 in China.

To be honest, the X1 speaks more to my needs than the X5 but I'm not sure if I can wait till July 2014 or later for it.

Whoa, any ETA for that? I am itching to get a X3 since I am looking for an all-in-one solution but seeing how the X1 and X5 are getting mechanical wheels... I'll think I will just bear with my current setup 
redface.gif

Oh, I voted for A, cos' a wider screen will mean that songs with long names will be more readable, for starters.

Nov 22, 2013 at 12:10 PM Post #73 of 7,793
  First of all, we should appreciate and encourage for an himalayan effort put on by our James.
These kind of guts is unique and rare(continuous new products design,release), especially a young firm that released successful models without any hypes in a row, another new flagship model is nearing it's launch, and yet 2 more models kicked off for next,some are in pipeline.......Looks like 2014 will be FiiO's most successful year in their company history and sure by 2015/16 the DAP/portable rig segment will be dominated by them....just like how samsung took over smartphone segment pushing Apple step below......but here no rivals for FiiO,monopoly. Yeah who's gonna offer almost a Grand equivalent gear to 40% down?? LoL......

I Like X1A - looks of Nano 3G, so handy,so compact......soooooooooo sexy.
I Like X1B as well - Sansa looks,slim and vertical.

So I'd like to request James to add one more voting button for both.....and I'll buy both of 'em James.
tongue.gif

And if ok, James, let be X1A as "X1" and X1B as "X2" another sibling, add to X family? because most of us like both designs.
tongue_smile.gif
  just like you and me.
wink.gif

And also the model #s carry their naming convention in ascending so as their size and features.

Doubt that will happen. Two DAPs with the same performance but different dimensions just mean more work for FiiO. Given their relatively slim profit margin (this is my assumption since the X1 is so cheap), it makes no sense to design a second X1.

To be honest, I'm perfectly fine with either A or B, and I'm not going to base my decision on whether to buy it or not on whether it's on design A or B. There are other more important considerations.

Nov 22, 2013 at 12:29 PM Post #74 of 7,793
Not to fond of the silver colour wheel, possible to make it black/grey/or something?

Any how about colour options as well? Would be nice to have a brushed white metal look =)

Nov 22, 2013 at 4:31 PM Post #75 of 7,793
It makes no sense to design it to have no built-in memory, even the Clip+ has it. At least 2 GB is a must nowadays.
I would suggest at least 3 colour versions: black, silver, white.
Bluetooth, NFC, WiFi? Is it possible at this price point? After all an audio streaming is a worldwide trend...
DAB digital radio?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back