The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Nov 22, 2013 at 1:54 AM Post #49 of 7,793
IMO aesthetically speaking, I would give my vote for option B. the proportion of the wheel to the player itself is better.

The squarish shape of option A makes the wheel look "forced into" the overall design.

Nov 22, 2013 at 2:01 AM Post #51 of 7,793
I posted this on the FB photo, but I'll repaste it here

The portrait orientation of B would make it significantly easier to browse a library with the limited screen space. As the device is to be focused on music I would consider an easier to navigate interface to be a priority and one that would be benefited by a portrait display.

For reference I think of my old Zune 16GB player... the slim rectangle was easier to grip than the fat ipods I had also tried, and I did see the benefit in that case of having the portrait for the UI.

I do see some people mentioning that items such as equalizer settings would be easier to configure with a landscape, but I would see most users spending a much larger portion of their time on their device browsing songs than setting up the EQ.

Of course this is just my opinion, feel free to point out flaws in my logic! :D

Nov 22, 2013 at 3:22 AM Post #54 of 7,793
As the cheapest FiiO player, I just need the following:

Able to drive all IEMs and most portable headphones without issues. It defeats the purpose if I need to pair it with an amp, and I'm not going to use it to drive full size headphones.

Utmost portability. It has to be smaller, slimmer and lighter than the X3.

Decent battery life of 10 to 15 hours.

Support most of the common music formats.

Neutral, transparent and accurate sound signature, which I believe is what FiiO is aiming for with all their DAPs.

Some kind of expandable storage though that will depend on the internal storage capacity.

If you need to cut cost, just remove all the additional ports like line-out, line-in etc, give it lower quality screen (I'm going to be listening to it much more often than looking at the screen), just don't compromise on the portability and the sound. My biggest fear is that FiiO tries to do too much on a $100 budget and ends up cutting corners, so the X1 ends up being a jack of all trade and master of none. FiiO needs to have clear goals with such a small budget that I'm definitely alright with missing out on some features. If you need more features, just go for the higher end models.

I hope FiiO understands why the Clip+ is so popular among audiophiles despite being an entry level dap.

Nov 22, 2013 at 3:35 AM Post #55 of 7,793
^ Dude it was mentioned on the first page. just in case you missed it 
wink.gif

4, Build in Memory : None

5, Extend Memory : TF slot x1, supports up to 64g ( maybe 128g or 256g when the high volume TF card pop up)

Nov 22, 2013 at 4:04 AM Post #57 of 7,793
When do you plan to release the X1, James? 

Nov 22, 2013 at 4:18 AM Post #59 of 7,793
subscribed, voted B, and deploying wallet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back