The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Nov 21, 2013 at 1:02 PM Post #17 of 7,793
  so how will it sound ? I'll hope it gonna have some kind of "Clip+ sound" with amazing graph.Low impedance output, nice and fast UI ? Oh God, it gonna be BADASS !!! And a clip ? Will it have a clip ?

I wouldn't bet on the clip, it's more the size of the iPod Mini (two versions of it, based on either concept), but I'm looking at it more as an AK100 with low impedance and a wheel for navigation instead of a touchscreen. And as much as I like the AK100's volume knob, I'm not too hot about spending the same money that will get me an X5, X3, and X1 set (I haven't heard it with my IEMs yet though).

Nov 21, 2013 at 2:04 PM Post #19 of 7,793
I think your sights are set a bit high. It's will be nice to have a competent HiDef player so more people can experience it. I think FiiO will become a big player now that they've expanded to DAPs that will be accepted by the mainstream consumer. Seems they have the resources to pull it off.
bigsmile_face.gif

Nov 21, 2013 at 2:28 PM Post #20 of 7,793
My vote goes to A.
wink_face.gif
  I think a clip is a bad idea and useless as it's already small and it will be too bulky with a clip.

Nov 21, 2013 at 2:44 PM Post #21 of 7,793
A looks better to me.   Any reason (aside from space I spose) not to go for the cheaper and more available sdhc cards instead of Micro?  128 gig cards are already available and prices are finally coming down.

Edit to add : Gapless working properly out of the box please!

Nov 21, 2013 at 5:49 PM Post #25 of 7,793
And also, can you guys please implement an apple 30 pin LO? Would come in handy for a lot of people wanting to upgrade from their iPods. 

Nov 21, 2013 at 6:20 PM Post #26 of 7,793
And also, can you guys please implement an apple 30 pin LO? Would come in handy for a lot of people wanting to upgrade from their iPods. 

I don't find it necessary... All or most amp comes with a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable. The X1 will have a 3.5mm jack LO wouldn't that be more simply than 30-pin? In fact, I think it's patented.

Nov 21, 2013 at 6:55 PM Post #28 of 7,793
A parametric EQ would be cool. Another thing that would be excellent is a flat back. This would allow for flush piggybacking to an amp if more power is needed. I love the look of design A.

This could have potential for greatness. I'm pretty sure Sandisk had no idea how popular their players would be, and I'm more than confident you can make a better sounding player for the price :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back