Arrrggghhhhh..... I'm in.
HA-S500 are on the way.
~BG

^
..........on both accounts.
biggrin.gif

Damn that Ds is a meany!!! 

Jan 24, 2013 at 10:42 PM Post #6,409 of 104,203
Boy, you don't read this thread for a few days and the amount of catching up is unbelievable! Been reading for the longest time, still about 8 pages behind. Maybe this question is covered somewhere ahead of where I currently am, but anyone compare the Senn 650's and the ATH900x? Recently went for one of the Senn deals, but these AT's sound very tempting.
(need to moonlight a 2nd job at this rate...
k701smile.gif

Jan 24, 2013 at 11:00 PM Post #6,410 of 104,203
I'm fighting the temptation for the 900x. Funny how the 900x pops up right when I decided to look for some open cans. :/

P.s. I've been busy in the for sale threads... picked up a e17 and an Objective-2. Wallet is going to sting for this month. :xf_eek:

Jan 24, 2013 at 11:35 PM Post #6,411 of 104,203
Lets see so far we have cute, Wayne, and I believe ericp is gonna join in on the AD900X parade. You guys want to wait for their impressions.. But I have a good idea what all these guys are gonna experience here soon when they hear these cans.

Cute I don't know as he is a sound freak but even for him I am willing to bet he will be impressed. Or the thoughts of improving one of the most beautiful sounding cans to even a better one just might make him smile that much more.. The guys is probably already got his tools all laid out complete with soldering iron and new cord ready for the swap.

But for the other 2 guys. I hope I didn't stir you guys wrong. I know I initially recommended the CKS1000 for ericp but the more and more I thought about it. He needs to hear these cans. It is imperative.  All you guys need to experience these cans..Vocals will make your eyes water and sweep you away in a different reality. It is simply priceless.

Jan 24, 2013 at 11:58 PM Post #6,412 of 104,203
Got the Sansa Clip Zip (4gb) for like $21. Not a bad sounding DAP at all.

Jan 25, 2013 at 12:27 AM Post #6,413 of 104,203
Quote:
Quote:
I think he read the protractor thing I made in the Somic thread to show how I perceived the soundstage.

M
aybe that can be affected by volume, or amp, or individual...something. Iunno! I think his HA-S500s are pad-modded too, so that'll change things.

EDIT: Plugging these things into a "real amp" (the closest thing I have, anyway) is really paying dividends. Bass is noticeably punchier.

I have a tube amp, and rolled tubes for a couple of years.......I now have two sets of the same Mullard tubes recommended to me by an Audiophile.....he said if I try these tubes I will never tube roll again.  Boy was he right, I sold about a dozen good quality NOS tube, and recouped $800 about six months ago.  Punchier bass from a "real amp", is an understatement.....i could go on and on........................

Please, tell us the tube ID and show a picture of it.

Take some time off duty and join the Pirate Week.

Jan 25, 2013 at 1:02 AM Post #6,414 of 104,203
Quote:
Lets see so far we have cute, Wayne, and I believe ericp is gonna join in on the AD900X parade. You guys want to wait for their impressions.. But I have a good idea what all these guys are gonna experience here soon when they hear these cans.

Cute I don't know as he is a sound freak but even for him I am willing to bet he will be impressed. Or the thoughts of improving one of the most beautiful sounding cans to even a better one just might make him smile that much more.. The guys is probably already got his tools all laid out complete with soldering iron and new cord ready for the swap.

But for the other 2 guys. I hope I didn't stir you guys wrong. I know I initially recommended the CKS1000 for ericp but the more and more I thought about it. He needs to hear these cans. It is imperative.  All you guys need to experience these cans..Vocals will make your eyes water and sweep you away in a different reality. It is simply priceless.

Just out of curious, how's your impression on MDR-1R. 

Jan 25, 2013 at 1:51 AM Post #6,415 of 104,203
Quote:
Lots of exciting things going on here, AD900X, Somics, new (hopefully improved) Monoprice earphones. Can't wait to see those reviews.  Maybe its a good thing my wife forbade me from buying anymore headphones.... 
triportsad.gif

Ghost, i be supporting your pirarrrting ways 

Hmm  ...last time I checked, pirates got the use of one eye, you got both eye patched ???

....Sorry, Zorro week's next month !!!  
biggrin.gif

Yah !  ...We have got the dirty dozen required for the dastardy deed, now we just need pictures of HOW we're gonna make him "Walk the plank !"   
very_evil_smiley.gif

Here's my suggestion !

Jan 25, 2013 at 2:15 AM Post #6,419 of 104,203
Quote:

Hmm  ...last time I checked, pirates got the use of one eye, you got both eye patched ???

....Sorry, Zorro week's next month !!!  
biggrin.gif

Yah !  ...We have got the dirty dozen required for the dastardy deed, now we just need pictures of HOW we're gonna make him "Walk the plank !"   
very_evil_smiley.gif

Here's my suggestion !

^ LMAO Ghost you're priceless.But....................................................................................................................poor Zorro guy. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back