The discovery thread!
Jan 24, 2013 at 7:18 PM Post #6,376 of 100,525
My Japan stuff goes through Chicago, thankfully......my items are always through customs there in a day or so.  Ericp10 lives in Chicago, he probably gets his same day!  What's up with LA, I have had items sit in the USPO for 3 or 4 days after pickup, without moving, up to a week for Priority Mail..  Busy place I guess, but San Fran, and shipments from Oregon take only two days to Minnesota.

Jan 24, 2013 at 7:25 PM Post #6,377 of 100,525
Ya I am certain my stuff I got from Tenso last several times went through Chicago. My stuff is in limbo in LA customs. What is the whole point of EMS shipping if those fools are gonna hold onto my stuff for so long. They must be checking for the several ounces of Japanese grade plutonium I ordered from Amazon Japan. Damn it is taking too long for my liking.

Jan 24, 2013 at 7:27 PM Post #6,378 of 100,525
Quote:
Ya I am certain my stuff I got from Tenso last several times went through Chicago. My stuff is in limbo in LA customs. What is the whole point of EMS shipping if those fools are gonna hold onto my stuff for so long. They must be checking for the several ounces of Japanese grade plutonium I ordered from Amazon Japan. Damn it is taking too long for my liking.

But you're the Pres...can't you get your people on that?

Jan 24, 2013 at 7:33 PM Post #6,380 of 100,525
Quote:

I got tracking info from Tenso last night on my AD900X, should have them by Monday, hopefully!  I'll have the Somic and the AD900X at the same time......something is gonna give in that duel!  W'ell see which one walks the plank........

Jan 24, 2013 at 7:34 PM Post #6,381 of 100,525
I wish it was as easy as that.. And to add salt to the wound here. I get a SPAM mail from Fed Ex saying I got a package they tried to deliver on the 21st. Which got me all excited. So I call them and lo n behold. Some idiot thinks it is cool to send spam with false delivery info on them saying it is from Fed Ex. I checked my tracking number and my package is still with the LA Customs office I am sure being probably used right now from some middle aged audio guy that decided he liked how shinny the ES700 cups are..

Jan 24, 2013 at 7:38 PM Post #6,383 of 100,525
Quote:
But you're the Pres...can't you get your people on that?

Cash, my modded S500's have the same soundstage as your protracted Somic's, very spacious and airy, with excellent clarity in the mids, tone of instraments and vocals very natural, imaging puts everything in the correct space......I don't listen from any portable devices though!

Jan 24, 2013 at 7:46 PM Post #6,384 of 100,525
Quote:

Cash, my modded S500's have the same soundstage as your protracted Somic's, very spacious and airy, with excellent clarity in the mids, tone of instraments and vocals very natural, imaging puts everything in the correct space......I don't listen from any portable devices though!

I bolded the part that did it.

Or my own personal subjective bias towards self-gratification.

But that totally doesn't exist in the audio world. 
wink_face.gif

(I'm running through a FiiO E11. Maybe I didn't volume match everything as well as I thought I did...or maybe it's a pad difference. I have the COBY pads.)

Jan 24, 2013 at 7:51 PM Post #6,385 of 100,525
I already have the MH1C :D I like it a lot but yeah the bass (and what kind of bass) sometimes is troublesome for my taste...it's too much but most importantly they're so uncomfortable!

Is the monoprice comfortable to sleep with?

Jan 24, 2013 at 7:54 PM Post #6,387 of 100,525
Quote:
I already have the MH1C
biggrin.gif
I like it a lot but yeah the bass (and what kind of bass) sometimes is troublesome for my taste...it's too much but most importantly they're so uncomfortable!

Is the monoprice comfortable to sleep with?

No sir if you find the MH1C uncomfy you will definitely not like the comfort level of the MP8320. These things use big 14.2mm drivers in that big housing so I would stay away. I think you would like the sound but comfort will not be better.  TDK MT-300? These are small and have a good sound to them might be worth looking into.

Jan 24, 2013 at 8:00 PM Post #6,388 of 100,525
No sir if you find the MH1C uncomfy you will definitely not like the comfort level of the MP8320. These things use big 14.2mm drivers in that big housing so I would stay away. I think you would like the sound but comfort will not be better.  TDK MT-300? These are small and have a good sound to them might be worth looking into.

Are you sure about this? The important thing is that they must not be big in "horizontal length" when worn so that it doesn't put pressure when I sleep on my side. The MH1Cs are like bullets so it's pretty bad! I slept with the Xears XE200PRO over-the-ear and I didn't have any problems...

I'm gonna buy one anyway lol. I wanted to try them but always stopped by the monoprice's US limit! Now they're everywhere on ebay! Even shipping from Europe. YAY!

What can you tell me about the TDK MT-300 sound signature? Do you have them?

Jan 24, 2013 at 8:04 PM Post #6,389 of 100,525
I would say the Philips SHE3580 but those have a V shape sound to them.. Those you can put in a baby's ear.  The TDK MT-300s are small. Not as small as the Philips but small. I think Danny was saying how he fell asleep using them. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back